After so much talk about Power Creep, here we are again.

I'm not exactly a pro, and I don't know the INS and outs of most characters, I do think this game need each character not only to feel strong, but very unique.

I should never feel like I have to play Wanda and Wolfgang to have fun just because they slap the hardest, but I also shouldn't feel like by picking woodie I'm handicapping myself when I could have pick Maxwell and collect resources faster for example.

The best type of balance is the kind where the real disadvantage that you feel isn't "another character can do all this but better" but "yeah I can do this very well but I suck at this, and If I were this other character it would be the opposite"

The best example would be how wurts best season is spring since she cares less for being wet, and frog rain is a none issue while that's the worse season for WX who can't get wet

On 7/7/2023 at 6:43 AM, WhackE said:

It's hard to care when all the old developers have moved on, and the new ones aren't making the same game anymore.

If may I ask you, from where do you have the information that "all" the old developers are no longer working on DST? I mean, yeah there are some new ones of course, but according to the activity on the forums and other social media it seems to me that most of the main old developers are still around.

I would just say that the team got bigger overall not mostly replaced. I may be wrong tho.

On 7/7/2023 at 1:43 AM, WhackE said:

I'm so jaded to all this new stuff that I don't even care anymore. It's hard to care when all the old developers have moved on, and the new ones aren't making the same game anymore.

Source about this? Got curious.

45 minutes ago, Philip. said:

If may I ask you, from where do you have the information that "all" the old developers are no longer working on DST? I mean, yeah there are some new ones of course, but according to the activity on the forums and other social media it seems to me that most of the main old developers are still around.

I would just say that the team got bigger overall not mostly replaced. I may be wrong tho.

I find this argument even funny, even if the developers really had all changed, wasn't the Shipwrecked expansion made by another studio? It's just reactionary and boring to say new bad old good

Archived