How to automate meter (conveyor meter) to let pass 6000 and not just 500?

Well I manage to make this one but signal counts just till 10 and I cannot think more xD

I know that somewhere in this forum it's an amazing guide about this kind of automations where I could learn from others instead of doing it by myself

thanks for your help!

Captura de pantalla (96).png

17 hours ago, Brigado said:

Hi all,

i am searching for a design to automate conveyor meter so i can fully load the cargo bay just in one click.

Any clue please? really appreciate it

If all you care about is loading the cargo bay to the max, I would just treat it like a conveyor receptacle - have the rail go through it and when it's full, use rail sensors beyond it to stop whatever is putting the resources on the rail.

14 hours ago, CastleCustodian said:

I believe you should be able to chain two of the counters to get over the 10 limitation.

I haven't used the counters yet - is there any way to make a chain of them stop at arbitrary numbers? AIUI if you're using the 1s counter to increment 10s, then you'll only be able to stop at a multiples of 10. I realise OP's case is not an issue since they can just count to 12 in others bases (3,4,6), but how would you use counters to count up to, say, 29 or other multi-digit primes?

49 minutes ago, myxal said:

how would you use counters to count up to, say, 29 or other multi-digit primes?

You split the signal from for example timer sensor (1s on / 1s off) - one part goes to chained double counter that counts to 20 and gives green signal to an AND gate, which then allows the next counter to count to 9 and reset the cycle. You can expand this for larger numbers. Filter gates are set for 1,5 seconds. Top one to delay the reset and the bottom one to skip the count when double counter reaches 20.

image.thumb.png.2f45f652d8bf678f6e11240cbd852467.png

image.thumb.png.f51c3327b5557594dcb44d7e53945f19.png

On 6/23/2023 at 11:04 AM, Brigado said:

Well I manage to make this one but signal counts just till 10 and I cannot think more xD

I know that somewhere in this forum it's an amazing guide about this kind of automations where I could learn from others instead of doing it by myself

thanks for your help!

Captura de pantalla (96).png

If you chain the output of the counter into the input of a second counter you can count to 100. Add another for 1,000, etc. You can turn the signal counter upside down by rotating it.

Another option for counting prime numbers would be to recognise that prime +1 will not be prime. So rather than states of counting 0-29 (for example) you could count 1-30 (using a 5 and 6 counter) by using the reset signal to count 1 along in the next sequence. Would require an initial switch to get the first cycle of the sequence to start at 1 rather than 0.

A further corollary would be that prime +3 is also not prime, and 1 of prime +1 or prime +3 will be divisible by at least 4. It would be an exercise for the reader to determine whether a signal repeater or more counters would lead to a smaller/cheaper automation circuit.

Example 61 (0-61) could go to 62 (1-62) (but that factorises to 2x31 and 31 is also prime), or 64 (3-64) (which would factorise to 8x8).

On 6/23/2023 at 11:58 AM, Brigado said:

Hi all,

i am searching for a design to automate conveyor meter so i can fully load the cargo bay just in one click.

Any clue please? really appreciate it

just use a buffer for 300 seconds

Hi! In your circuit, the function of the AND gate is to provide a high-level input signal to the reset port of the valve when the counter reaches the specified number, thereby disabling the valve's output. 

However, due to the connection of the counter output to a NOT gate, there is a delay of several frames (I'm not sure of the exact number, perhaps 1?) in the NOT gate. Therefore, before the NOT gate becomes low-level (which is the signal to disable the valve), the high-level signal has already been input to the AND gate. As a result, the valve will be reset instead of stopping.

image.thumb.png.353afacf88cbaefe3ca9b6ec6baf26ad.png

This issue can be resolved by adding a delay to the output of either the valve or the AND gate.

image.thumb.png.77ee90c99370df3379d2b2d8449c29ae.png

Below is my attempt at creating a circuit that can output 23 times, along with the test results. The valve outputs 10kg of water each time. The counter is set to 24. 

image.thumb.png.6dfa96632fcbfcc59614aa718aec13e2.pngimage.thumb.png.c41a368fb90657d4dc1d7f57d893f756.png

I'm pretty sure you don't need any automation.
Just a loader and a conveyor bridge is all that is needed
The conveyor bridge makes an infinite loop that flows past first the loader output and then the cargo bay input.
That should be it really.

I wanted to load my rockets with LOX/LH2 using small liquid packets from a small pump so the pipes won't burst. For that purpose I settle on a meter system that is pretty reliable. The screenshots are the sand mode version I used for testing, but I used in my colonies previously.

It's basically a set of chained meters, each set to an amount and the sum of all meters to a value that is what I'd need for my rocket. Once the first meter triggers and closes the first circuit, the liquid goes to the next meter, and the next, until all the selected amount has been dispensed. Then the return line triggers, the system shuts down and alert is triggered.

1557609380_Alex_Dvalvemeterexample4.thumb.jpg.b13b849813074c7341afc85074720920.jpg

2124085984_Alex_Dvalvemeterexample2.thumb.jpg.961e35b99c3cdc0441977df6a11753a4.jpg

733857548_Alex_Dvalvemeterexample1.thumb.jpg.14c27ade6096053c6b000d412f520e80.jpg

But this is for liquids. I don't know if it works for solids.

Archived