buff monster lasagna?

It would be nice if monster lasagna received a buff to its hunger value because monster lasagna could have its niche as a good Webber food and Wilba food but with a food value of 37.5 and requiring at least two monster meats, the only way not to lose hunger value in the crockpot is to use 2 ice, but it would be nice if there was like a 30% increase to its food value.

monster lasagna is a mistake dish designed to punish the player for using too much of it in a crock pot, it is meant to teach the player in a subtle way that monster meat will only go so far as an ingredient.

Realistically you are only meant to use one monster meat or monster ingredient in the pot.

although monster meat does have other good uses, making them into eggs via feeding a bird in a bird cage to help you make other recipes that are more beneficial to you. 

image.png.79d8c64a751e440702ea2d2f7f0864f3.png

for example you can make bacon and eggs (75 hunger 5 sanity and 20 hp) if you use 2 eggs a morsel and a M.M. or in a unusual case of how tall bird eggs work you can make it with 2 M.M. a tall bird egg and a stick. 

I believe the idea with the way the food system works, and the in game cook book, you are meant to experiment with certain foods and see what their benefits are as well as what are the best ways for you to make them. 

if you get the chance, making a cookbook in game and messing around with the crock pot can be a lot of fun. 

and as far as Webber is concerned, you could live entirely off monster meat if you really wanted to, since monster meat is 18.75 points of hunger each and cooked it last 15 days vs monster lasagna which only last 10, you can just eat and sleep off monster meat in a large spider den as webber to regain all your lost stats from sanity to health.

Don't you mean nerf?

You know.. Since it's a dish that is intentionally bad cause it supposed to punish you for your poor cooking skills.

So buffing it would mean increasing the damage it does to health and sanity and further reducing it's hunger :P

Would be nice if it gave more hunger exclusively for webber, but it'd have to be better than just eating the raw components of the recipe, which i dont see being dont without making the dish just blatantly overtuned for webber

In my opinon, it'd be best to enhance both the negative and positive effects of the dish in order to solidify them as hunger options. For monster lasagna, I would say bump up the sanity and HP loss up to 40, while for monster tartare they should be bumped up to 20 and 20. In compensation, I reckon monster lasagna could be increased to give 75 hunger, while monster tartare could be bumped up to 112.5. I think this would maintain the spirit of these being "punishment foods" whilst taking into account the existence of Wormwood and Webber.

While you can absolutely argue that you're not meant to use more than 1 monster meat in the crock pot, ever, the reality is that there isn't really a compelling reason to punish Webber/Wormwood so harshly. What exactly is a normal user supposed to learn from this? Leafy meatloaf at least provides some small sanity and HP gain compared to eating two cooked leafy meat.

5 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

I reckon monster lasagna could be increased to give 75 hunger, while monster tartare could be bumped up to 112.5. I think this would maintain the spirit of these being "punishment foods" 

in the case of monster lasagna having the hunger boosted, 4 cooked monster meat adds up to 75 hunger and a loss of 12 hp and 40 sanity as is, then with raw its the same hunger value as mentioned before but with a loss of 60 sanity and 80 health instead. I can't say I see much point in changing the dish as it stands to be a punishment, and the hunger loss only cements that further if you consider 2 monster meat and 2 other ingredients where wasted to make it.

As for monster tartar, this dish is less of a mistake and more of a "If I must" option for warly. (although if I am honest, most of the time I just squeeze it in with a side of surf and turf because I like warly's food remembering mechanic, even though it is possible to largely ignore it if you know what you are doing but that is a topic for another time...)

16 minutes ago, ZeRoboButler said:

I can't say I see much point in changing the dish as it stands to be a punishment, and the hunger loss only cements that further if you consider 2 monster meat and 2 other ingredients where wasted to make it.

The main benefit of such a change would be to allow webber and wormwood a more monster meat heavy version of meatballs. I think the fact that it takes 4 monster meat to make the dish not hunger-efficient makes it not the worst thing in the world.

20 minutes ago, ZeRoboButler said:

As for monster tartar, this dish is less of a mistake and more of a "If I must" option for warly. (although if I am honest, most of the time I just squeeze it in with a side of surf and turf because I like warly's food remembering mechanic, even though it is possible to largely ignore it if you know what you are doing but that is a topic for another time...)

Sure, but it'd be nice if it allowed warly more synergy with Webber players. It'd also make it arguably better for Warly, as sanity and hp have other sources like healing salves and top hats, while hunger tends to be a bit more of an issue.

Archived