How long time did it take before you were able to launch the racket and end the game? (only the base game)

1 minute ago, Charletrom said:

It took me hundreds of hours across several colonies. There’s no rush, and lots of fun to be had along the way. Take your time and enjoy the learning process :)

I agree. There is no rush and the whole process through the cycles is fun and enjoyable.

The Rocket to the Temporal Tear? Able to as early as cycle 300 or so. And with a run for all achievements (yes, including carnivore and clean energy). But I didn't launch, as I still need to tame a puft so waiting for an egg from the pod.
Once it's done, as usual, I'll load every single colonist except the pilot on a sightseeing module, then the pilot and launch.

I dont find the rocket ending to be super thematically satisfying so i dont end up doing it often. It took me several thousand hours of playtime, maybe around 6-7k at least, before i did it. But i had several, several colonies that reached sustainability & home sweet home before then.

I have played ONI since the begining of early access, and there were quite a few updates before rockets were added, so my answer will not be relevant. However, just like some other people said, there's no rush, take your time to discover the game, improve your base :)

I actually never did it. It took me forever to understand the game mechanics, remember basic math, learn automation. I was terrified of meteors and didn't know how to use aquatuners.

Then the DLC came out and I really like it, so I haven't played a base game colony for a while, though I plan to someday. My current SO colony has a really good setup for finishing the game though, and I can probably achieve it soon. I'm taking my time though.

Archived