it is normal for Deadly Brightshade's ignoring bone armor?

I really hope it’s not intentional that they ignore bone armor (or if it didn’t partially reduce it)… would be a bit sucky if a boss drop that normally completely negates hits using a shield magically can’t negate planar damage for some reason, especially since they adjusted it so dreadstone armor reduces it somewhat.

I think what's happening is that the bone armor is protecting you from the regular damage the vine does (which is 65 damage) but the planar damage is a different damage type and is hitting your health (the 10 damage).

Oddly enough, wearing a Brightshade Helmet reduces the total damage taken to zero since it's blocking the planar damage that's being dealt since it has a planar defense of 10.

Not sure what Klei's intentions are here, since Walter loses zero HP if he's wearing Bone Armor and is attacked by a bee, and this new mechanic seems similar to Walter's allergy downside.

Bone armor'a main perk is allowing you to be invincible as long as you keep in mind with your armor's cooldown.

Planar just totally ignores that makes bone armor literally trash against enemies with planar damage.

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

Oddly enough, wearing a Brightshade Helmet reduces the total damage taken to zero since it's blocking the planar damage that's being dealt since it has a planar defense of 10.

how much planar defende does the dread armor have?

Its so goofy seeing some parasitic plant from the Moon having both armor AND armor piercing damage.

None of the existing mobs or even bosses have this mechanic. Come to think of it, we might get combat rework QoL? With mobs having armor, armor penetration damage and now attacks alongside with perks??? Because as for now I have no idea why all this planar thingy being added in the frist place

I mean the deadly brightshades are made using a more powerful form of lunar magic. Kinda like how dreadstone and pure horror are more powerful (raw/uncontrolled) forms of shadow magic.

Whereas bone armour, is a strong controlled version of shadow magic but not as strong as the seemingly raw primal lunar power. 

Only the raw primal version of shadow magic (dreadstone armours) can somewhat resist it.

5 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Its so goofy seeing some parasitic plant from the Moon having both armor AND armor piercing damage.

None of the existing mobs or even bosses have this mechanic. Come to think of it, we might get combat rework QoL? With mobs having armor, armor penetration damage and now attacks alongside with perks??? Because as for now I have no idea why all this planar thingy being added in the frist place

I mean that does kinda make sense when you think about it as we haven't really been encountering much in the way of true lunar foes just those mutated by exposure to lunar effects now we're fighting actual lunar enemies so them having new mechanics somewhat makes sense.

Archived