Question about desinfection

Hello, can you answer question, please?

Can enough kg of bleach stone dropped in infected liquid or gas and it kills the germs over time? The entry says bleach stone kills germs, but I don't see any impact and germs are only killed after they reached overpopulation and they start to multiply again.

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure that Bleach Stone kills only germs that are ON it, not around. You would need to allow it to sublime into Chlorine Gas, though it also kills germs on it's tiles, not around. You could also use radiation to kill most germs in the area

Solid bleach stone does nothing. Gases dont mix, and gases dont interchange with liquids. A tile occupied by gas cannot be used by liquid and vice versa. So: No, you cant disinfect liquids with bleach stone by dropping it into it.

You can store the liquid in a tank and flood the room with the tank in it with chlorine. Dont ask how this would even be possible, because the liquid is in the tank... It just does.

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

No, you cant disinfect liquids with bleach stone by dropping it into it.

The only way to actually have bleach stone do this kind of trick is with the hot tub: germy water will be disinfected in it. I will admit it's the most roundabout way of killing germs there is and it's easier to do the reservoir trick in a chlorine environment. That is the universally viable way in ONI.

Archived