Will we get reworks for single player?

I don't think so honestly. There are some re-works I like and think are better than DS (I love the Maxwell re-work but of course I do), but not all of them would be better in single-player context so would they cherry pick the best? How would lore explain it in some cases if they were to care? How much work is needed to accomplish porting the newer characters within reasonability?

I don't think it's a realistic outcome but I know a lot of people are also turned away from DS even in solo context just because of character differences. In the end they might have to come in the form of mods.

On 3/21/2023 at 2:27 PM, oCrapaCreeper said:

I don't think so honestly. There are some re-works I like and think are better than DS (I love the Maxwell re-work but of course I do), but not all of them would be better in single-player context so would they cherry pick the best? How would lore explain it in some cases if they were to care? How much work is needed to accomplish porting the newer characters within reasonability?

I don't think it's a realistic outcome but I know a lot of people are also turned away from DS even in solo context just because of character differences. In the end they might have to come in the form of mods.

i still like concept of Maxwell in Don't Starve.What i think he lack is the powerful feeling that a hard-to-get character should have.Like Maxwell and Woodleg is the most hardest character to get in DS.And i don't need to say how powerful Woodlegs is in Shipwrecked(in the other DLC..... maybe a little..)To Unlock Maxwell you have to beat Adventure mode.Which is one of the hardest challenge in game,so he should feel more powerful and rewarded than he is now in DS.Just buff him a little bit but not too much or else it will break the fun.
My suggestion ? Change the cost of Shadow Puppet- 15 Hp,2 Nightmare Fuel and 55 of Sanity is a bit overkill for me (1 Nightmare Fuel-50 Sanity and no longer cost Health should be perfect) if Klei keep the orginial cost they should buff Shadow Puppet so they last longer or even fight Nightmare Creature for Max.
Give Maxwell more the feeling of a Shadow Master.Give him extra damage will a bit too much with how low health mob and bosses in DS have,My suggest is that make shadow weapon or armor used by Maxwell will have 50% more durability.Like a Dark Sword will last for 150 hit instead of 100,Night Armor with have 1125 Hp instead 750.
Those change in my opinion will make Maxwell become a better character at begining and even late game but not make him too broken so player can still enjoy the fun of playing the Puppet Master

17 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

I'm of the opinion they should leave the characters be, so people can come back to this game and have a point of reference as to how the characters played before they were all reworked in Don't Starve Together.

With DST taking a new direction I think it's good that DS still retains the original design of the franchise in general.

Klei would literally break their own games Lore if they added the reworks which have highly detailed compendium descriptions as to how these characters obtained their new powers into DS..

Woodie for example learns how to control and Manipulate his Werebeaver curse thanks to the help of Wickerbottom- Whom he does not Meet until Wilson & Maxwell work together to build the jury rigged portal that pulls everyone into the world of DST.

Plus- I enjoy going back to Solo DS from time to time to enjoy Pre-Reworked characters.

Take Wendy as An Example- In DS you need to wait until Abigail’s flower blooms, drop the flower on the ground & kill an enemy mob next to it to summon Abigail, you need to also chase enemy mobs up underneath Abigail for her to Attack them, and when Abigail dies the flower is dropped in the location of where she dies forcing you to have to go retrieve it.

In DST they throw this ENTIRE Playstyle away in favor of endless spawning of Abigail regardless of how much her flower has bloomed, no need to kill any mobs near the flower, no strategy involved in “Kiting” mobs into Abigail’s path..

True Story I learned how to “Kite” in DS by  running mobs to Abigail.. something that no longer exists in DST because she goes aggressive on them all on her own now.

Do I love the Wendy refresh in DST? Yes.. but would I want it in DS to Forever remove the original way you played as her? Heck No..

And to be honest- I wish DST had a “Classic” Mode so I can play DS Version Wendy still but luckily (for the time being anyway…) I can fire up solo DS for that experience.

Archived