Blocking spawners

Could anyone here on the forums give me insight on what can block spawners? I currently have about 20 or so firepits scattered on my map to block Klaus but im wondering if statues would do? If thats the case id do the same in the caves for the Daywalker.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, CutChemist said:

Could anyone here on the forums give me insight on what can block spawners? I currently have about 20 or so firepits scattered on my map to block Klaus but im wondering if statues would do? If thats the case id do the same in the caves for the Daywalker.  Thank you!

Wooden Sign

6 hours ago, CutChemist said:

statues don't work, needs to be a build. I usually use signs, but if you play vanilla world your mosaic spawn blockers will be destroyed by meteors from time to time. Personally I just turn off meteors, but to go around this you can use winona catapults because they regen hp. 

If you want to use a statue as a blocker for aesthetic reasons, then build a Potter's Wheel, craft your statue on top of it, and leave it there.

Also in my experience not even Catapult's ability to regenerate health will serve as a meteor-proof blocker. I believe it has to do with meteor's hammer power bypassing health completely if 2~3 fall onto it. Seen this happen both in person and offscreen.

12 hours ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Statue will not block Klaus. Only structures. Turn on some years of events and build shrines)

3 hours ago, -Kiyo- said:

If you want to use a statue as a blocker for aesthetic reasons, then build a Potter's Wheel, craft your statue on top of it, and leave it there.

Also in my experience not even Catapult's ability to regenerate health will serve as a meteor-proof blocker. I believe it has to do with meteor's hammer power bypassing health completely if 2~3 fall onto it. Seen this happen both in person and offscreen.

The shrines and the statues on the potter's wheel are great ideas and exactly what I was looking for ! Thank you so much.

9 hours ago, BeeClops said:

statues don't work, needs to be a build. I usually use signs, but if you play vanilla world your mosaic spawn blockers will be destroyed by meteors from time to time. Personally I just turn off meteors, but to go around this you can use winona catapults because they regen hp. 

Ah when you put meteors to ton for Celestial Orb and bites you back 3000 days into the future.

At least it only breaks when loaded and I only go there for Klaus anyway.

21 hours ago, CutChemist said:

Anything more aesthetic?

I don't have a screenshot handy but I put a firepit right on the spawner itself then I put a Klaus statue above it with a purple socketed moonrock lens inbetween. Then I put one berry bush the same distance on both the left and right of the firepit.

Makes a neat little shrine =)

23 hours ago, CutChemist said:

Anything more aesthetic?

why not throw down fridges with thermal stones? not only you get to block the spawner, but also change to a cool thermal stone in the summer, whenever you're in the neighborhood.

On 3/18/2023 at 8:11 PM, GelatinousCube said:

I don't have a screenshot handy but I put a firepit right on the spawner itself then I put a Klaus statue above it with a purple socketed moonrock lens inbetween. Then I put one berry bush the same distance on both the left and right of the firepit.

Makes a neat little shrine =)

Awesome idea! Ill try that!

On 3/18/2023 at 10:05 PM, DinsdaleP said:

why not throw down fridges with thermal stones? not only you get to block the spawner, but also change to a cool thermal stone in the summer, whenever you're in the neighborhood.

I usually spend my summers in the caves or Oasis, I plan on building on the whole map, it actually might be possible in the future too incorporate different structures to block the spawners.

Archived