Is shadow werepig strange?

Like, we know shadow and "moon" are opposites, and even in the archives the representative of both arent exactly fused (moon rock and thulecite), they are separeted visually.

But shadow werepig no, we know the wereform is something from the "moon", not from the shadows, and now there is just this random NPC with the power of the "moon" and the power of the shadow, werent the two powers opposite?

I guess this is why people unconsciously didnt like the new NPC, maybe someone share a reason why this guy have the two powers with him? And if the reason he is been being punished is because he tried to use two powers at once, why the "moon" dont do anything? Wouldnt it make sense that both "moon" and shadow punish him for being greedy for both powers at the same time?

Just wondering

1 minute ago, dois raios said:

moon

the moon "power" is more of a curse you know because it a werepig? i actually really like this boss it is a fascinating concept of a creature other than our survivors and Charlie trying to use a power beyond their comprehension. also it is still very early in the lore for this one i doubt you will get a lot of answer for the whats and whys

10 minutes ago, dois raios said:

Like, we know shadow and "moon" are opposites, and even in the archives the representative of both arent exactly fused (moon rock and thulecite), they are separeted visually.

But shadow werepig no, we know the wereform is something from the "moon", not from the shadows, and now there is just this random NPC with the power of the "moon" and the power of the shadow, werent the two powers opposite?

I guess this is why people unconsciously didnt like the new NPC, maybe someone share a reason why this guy have the two powers with him? And if the reason he is been being punished is because he tried to use two powers at once, why the "moon" dont do anything? Wouldnt it make sense that both "moon" and shadow punish him for being greedy for both powers at the same time?

Just wondering

is kinda inconsistent how this 2 powers interact.

In old DS flowers become evil flowers during full moon

shadow chester is made with nightmere fuel and full moon

As we saw in wormwood short, the metheus murals and hot springs, gems comes from the moon, mined in the surface and moved to the caves by the ancients. Also you use a star caller staff for the moon event, true that it doesnt required NF but uses living logs and required the pseudoscience station

we need to wait for the explanation but i dont see as a weird thing that a smart pig was playing with the shadows or that fall in that breach named in the unimplemented quotes or charlie making experiments, etc etc

Well, the werepig transformation is also caused by monster meat.

And monster meat is at least a little bit related to the shadow magic, as beardligs/lords drop it, and they can only exist when we are low on sanity.

Perhaps the were-curse can be related to both the 'moon' and the shadows

56 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

damn, right xD

well, then is a bigger inconsistency

maybe, while the gem is filled with lunar power, the staff itself is charged with shadow magic, and acts as an "isolation" of sorts? to contain/direct the magic of the iridescent gem. idk if I'm making sense rn. 

The two magical technologies seem to be opposites, but their users are quite different. The Shadow Creatures seem to have a social structure similar to a swarm, with leaders, individual conflicts (like Charlie and AF), and active efforts to eliminate those who threaten them. Alter seems to be just a proud deity who doesn't care much about what happens on the ground.

Archived