[Game Update] - Public Testing 543530

6 hours ago, Farsight said:

It'd be nice if atmo suits could be repaired ("maintained") for 1 fiber when between 1% and 50% durability, along with a setting for docks to not accept suits between 1-50% (so they'd drop to the floor like 0% suits do now).

That way, dupes would stop getting on spaceships w/ suits that immediately break and jeopardize entire missions. Currently, I have to micromanage the docks at launch time, which is a pain, and makes the whole repair system more annoying than it needs to be.

This would be quite useful. A slider, be it global (like the "disinfect when above x germs" option) or local, adjustable by clicking on a checkpoint. Any suit that has less than X durability when returned to the dock has its durability set to zero and becomes "worn" immediately. Autosweepers could easily handle the rest.

A button on the docks/suits would allow us to do the same thing manually. "Request repair" or something, which actually just sets suit durability to zero.

Gonna suggest it.

Edited by 6Havok9
Sp
  • Like 1

In agree on the suit repair issue. It would help a lot, if we would be able to toggle a repair errand for suits with less then 100% durability. Perhaps similar to the compost-errand for food.

Additional settings on a checkpoint would allow for automatisation. It would be awesomene if a checkpoint could toggle a suit automatically for repair, if durability is below n%, with n being a player set input value.

1 minute ago, MrAnimaniac said:

In agree on the suit repair issue. It would help a lot, if we would be able to toggle a repair errand for suits with less then 100% durability. Perhaps similar to the compost-errand for food.

Additional settings on a checkpoint would allow for automatisation. It would be awesomene if a checkpoint could toggle a suit automatically for repair, if durability is below n%, with n being a player set input value.

I suggested setting the durability to zero instead of a repair errand because, afaik, working suits and worn suits are different items in game. Making a suit "worn" is a quick hack to generate a repair errand.

56 minutes ago, Bluefoxfire said:

The nat gas generators create rads now? (Points to the vent like part on it that's only slightly radioactive)

He mentions in the bug report that the localization of this radioactive blob is arbitrary in nature. Regarding the slight radioactivity of this field, I assume it is due to just a few Radioactive Containment germs on this field. This is normal behaviour for airborne germs. So I don't think there is a causality here...

8 hours ago, 6Havok9 said:

I suggested setting the durability to zero instead of a repair errand because, afaik, working suits and worn suits are different items in game. Making a suit "worn" is a quick hack to generate a repair errand.

Regarding Suits and setting the suit to worn out: The issue would be a wrong click if you have just a few Reed Fibres. In my last start, I got my first atmo suit due to radioactive satellites, way earlier than having access to Reed. This was a huge boon, I used with careful consideration that allowed me access to Reed Fibre. However, I play with mods making the asteroids more hazardous. Hence, my experience might not be representative.

On a different topic: I like the existence of the new Disconnect tool. However, I don't like the limitation to only two fields. What is the reasoning behind this?

On 2/20/2023 at 7:46 PM, lazysax said:

But I wish the base dry wall skin wasn't grey instead of the white.....

I would prefer if we could choose what color the base drywall would get, instead of white/gray or any other singular color...

Edited by SkunkMaster