Job Suitability - I can't do it right, the suits are getting bugged, help please

Hey, so I've tried doing this achievement in a colony of 18 dupes (I want to do all achievements colony so it doesn't matter that it's easier when you have less dupes). And I've bumped into a big problem - I have blocked my base with 2 rows of suits with a checkpoint and when dupes return, they completely ignore the "Vacancy Only" setting and drop the suits on the ground (while the other row has empty stations), just because another dupe was returning a suit at the same time (and sometimes just because they didn't want to climb a ladder).

The suits then become completely broken - I can't sweep them, I can't make them put them back, just completely unresponsive.

What the heck and how do these things work? Is it bugged or am I doing something wrong?

Are you sure that the suits did but just break down due to wear? If a suit hits 0% durability, it drops at the checkpoint as a worn atmosuit and needs to be repaired at the atmosuit forge before it can be used again. Worn atmosuits and normal ones are different kind of objects. They won't be stored together automatically.

Additionally, as a worn suits doesn't use up a suit slot, vacancy probably shouldn't matter...

Give them showers. "Private" shower rooms that can only be entered while wearing an atmosuit and lead to nowhere. They can go around and do anything they (you) want, as long as they take a shower in the atmosuit, once per day.

Imho it's the ultimate failsafe. No micro. Automated by schedule.

They broke after 1 day, the durability was fine, they just became completely unresponsive.

I had to redo the setup with just 1 row of suits and now it works fine, I don't know why 2 rows (in 1 area) caused the top row to break after 1 day (and some only on 2nd day). Baffling.

I decided to cheese the achievement with ladder building in dedicated rooms >.<

11 hours ago, MrAnimaniac said:

Nice that you solved it. Do you perhaps have a screenshot of your setup? Probably you could also consider, posting this in the bug report section...

People misunderstand the actual requirement for job suitability.

The issue is job suitability only works on jobs that have that 'processing bar' when a duplicant works with that specific building.

Things like storage, kilms, etc are set and forgets so there is no processing bar,

But something like showers, metal refinery, rock crusher, etc all have processing bar which is what triggers the requirement.

Of cause there are some tasks that even with a processing bar won't be affected by such a thing.

@6Havok9 Design makes full use of this fact and the schedule part of it means it won't interfere or add a large amount of unneeded jobs between while resetting everyday.

12 hours ago, Ellilea said:

I had to redo the setup with just 1 row of suits and now it works fine, I don't know why 2 rows (in 1 area) caused the top row to break after 1 day (and some only on 2nd day). Baffling.

You can setup a two lines of suits but duplicants will only use one line of suits first specifically because of pathing design.

If all the suits are gone or full then they will decide to take the other docks.

A general bandaid for this issue is you need to adjust (block) the pathing out or set doors to let specific duplicants in and out of specific docks.

10 hours ago, Ntr1cate said:

You can setup a two lines of suits but duplicants will only use one line of suits first specifically because of pathing design.

If all the suits are gone or full then they will decide to take the other docks.

A general bandaid for this issue is you need to adjust (block) the pathing out or set doors to let specific duplicants in and out of specific docks.

The problem is, they didn't. This is the 2-row setup I had, I locked my dupes in with the door, waited till night time and then opened that door. They took all the suits and on the first day they brought all the lower row ones and a couple of top row. On the 2nd day it was only bottom row ones with a pile of suits dropped at the checkpoint (even though it's vacancy only, as you can see) and all of those dropped suits would not be placed on the top row when I clicked "deliver suit" or sweepable, even though they have a container to go in in the base.

Capture.JPG

And this is the easy-cheesy setup for the achievement. Just build this in a suit-only area (the walls with doors and ladders underneath). Each day set 1 ladder build task on ! priority and make sure all dupes have building enabled. Then you can also use deconstruct on another day.

To make it faster:

- make the chambers taller and add a bit of ladder inside so you can only just add a piece of ladder each day.

- alternatively, make it auto door - problem is, dupes will build "not their" ladders through these door, even though each door had just 1 dupe permitted. The ladders to build must be high enough so they can't reach through the door

- can just build pipes to make it faster I guess

I just couldn't be arsed. It worked well enough :p

Capture.JPG

11 hours ago, Weye22 said:

If that is Exactly how you had it, its not set to vacancy only, its set to always permitted. Which would lead them to drop suits. No idea why you couldn't pick em up though.

image.png.0fb8402c893e9c259affb92418352316.png

Wow I'm dumb sometimes. I read what the button says instead.

But yeah, still broken sweep-wise :abnormal:

2 hours ago, Ellilea said:

But yeah, still broken sweep-wise :abnormal:

What priority did you have on the docks? I find that sometimes it takes the dupes quite a while to get around to delivering the suits at priorities lower than 7, especially for big bases. Marking the suits for sweep doesn't necessarily help in these cases either (they sometimes deliver the suits to storage instead of the docks)

On 2/17/2023 at 3:45 PM, RuiPalhas said:

What priority did you have on the docks? I find that sometimes it takes the dupes quite a while to get around to delivering the suits at priorities lower than 7, especially for big bases. Marking the suits for sweep doesn't necessarily help in these cases either (they sometimes deliver the suits to storage instead of the docks)

They wouldn't deliver them either to the storage or docks, I set things to priority !! trying, but the icon was just a red "no storage available".

On 2/19/2023 at 4:16 AM, Ellilea said:

They wouldn't deliver them either to the storage or docks, I set things to priority !! trying, but the icon was just a red "no storage available".

Make sure to set the dock to 'Deliver suit' first, this should cause a blue suit outline to appear in the dock at the time.

When a suit is worn out this process is usually automated but if the duplicant is simply dropping the suit on the floor and not attempting to load the dock (Such as if it is not set to vacancy like mentioned above), then the deliver option is not automatically opened

Edit: open to option

Archived