All serious DST problems

I think it's a good idea to make a list of all the technical problems of this game in its version of PC and consoles. I know that I will be missing a few points, so if they mention one that I missed, I will add it.

Don't Starve with Rog, Shipwrecked and Hamlet [Pc]

• 0 chance to change languages unless modded (languages are already in the game, just no way to activate them without mod)

• Geometric Placement and Geometric Drop is not official yet (the game has various objects and structures in order to be decorative, keep it consistent)

• Using a Control is comfortable, but there are many functions not available and it is really badly adapted (change the inputs, nothing more).

And the other problems are finally being resolved, so I think it's still there.

Don't Starve Together [DST]

• The languages and the 2 building mods are also not officially available which should be the case.

• Place Statues, same problem as before, the statues are meant to be decorative (and to be an impenetrable wall lol) and that there is no decent way to place them correctly is a design and mechanical failure.

• The same with the controller but here it hits harder, there are many more options that require aiming but are not available or poorly implemented.

• Don't Starve Alone, solves the problem of delay and lag when having caves even on powerful or low-resource PCs.

Don't Starve with Rog [Ps Vita]

This version has never been updated nor will it be updated, but I must say that even though it has obstacles, it is a great Port!

• Language problem as always and 0 possibility of building aesthetically.

• Same command problem, there are options not available and poorly implemented.

• Veryyy low resolution, hopefully you can see the faces of the characters.

• The game always runs at 60fps, great! Only when there are more particles than usual or if you're in winter it's normal to be at 15 fps and even crash the game.

Don't Starve with Rog [Wii U]

Same as in Ps Vita only apparently it had a better fps rate when there were a lot of particles

Don't Starve with Rog [PS3]

Same as Wii U

Don't Starve with Rog, Shipwrecked and Hamlet [PS4, Xbox One]

This version is like the ones on PS3 but with almost no FPS issues (only when you have a base with more than 5 structures, lol) and includes the Remaining DLC and here there is an option to change the language.

• Impossibility of participating in betas like on PC

Don't Starve Together [PS4, Xbox One]

Same case as on PC, although here the problems of not being able to use mods really hit hard. (Although here there is an option to change the language)

• 0 Chance to participate in Betas

Don't Starve with Rog, Shipwrecked and Hamlet [Switch]

I must say... It's a pity for me because he really was able to take advantage of this console very well, that this is the worst Port without a doubt and by far. It brings the same problems as the PS4 and Xbox One version.

• The touch screen does not work at all (Although in Ps Vita and Wii U the option to manage the map, inventory and use the menu with the touch was included.

• If you play on portable mode you will suffer very frequent fps drops in Hamlet or if you are playing Shipwrecked and there is a storm, you can literally reach a constant 15fps... It is only solved if you play in Dock mode.

• Slower loading times than on Ps Vita, it's absurd.

Don't Starve Together [Switch]

And and the point I wanted to make this post for, this is the worst experience and by far to play Don't Starve. Same problems as on PS4 and Xbox One.

• The touch screen does not work either. (If you play on a Touch Laptop it does have the inputs)

• The fps limit is 30, for a 2D game and where you have to fight, create things and above all move... It's horrible.

• Brutal input lag, it's too exaggerated, I'd even say there's an input lag above when you fight because when hitting the character he locks up and attacks again, it's not continuous as such.

• Dock mode does not fix lag or input lag, at least in the other if it did. 

• Annoying check pop ups for all inventory, items and creation. (Portable mode detects it as if it were an unrecognized control)

• If you do not have a Nintendo Membership it is not possible to join your account and much less be able to play with your skins and DLC characters (Without membership you cannot play with Wurt, Wormwood, Wortox or Wanda)

The post is more than anything to inform people who want to buy a Port and find out what the situation is like, I hope they would resolve it but how things are going I doubt it...

On 2/11/2023 at 2:04 AM, Wonky656 said:

Geometric Placement and Geometric Drop is not official yet (the game has various objects and structures in order to be decorative, keep it consistent)

As much as I love these mods, they aren't exactly a mandatory thing to be added into the game. Adding support for QoL mods (and mods overall) on consoles though is much bigger problem which I suppose could be handled if there was "Recommended" page for QoL mods or just toggle in settings for them on consoles (these mods are a bit immersion breaking after all and not everyone uses them).

On 2/15/2023 at 6:11 AM, Rylanor said:

As much as I love these mods, they aren't exactly a mandatory thing to be added into the game. Adding support for QoL mods (and mods overall) on consoles though is much bigger problem which I suppose could be handled if there was "Recommended" page for QoL mods or just toggle in settings for them on consoles (these mods are a bit immersion breaking after all and not everyone uses them).

Sure, not everyone uses it. But it is something essential that the game should have as a sandbox, literally all sandboxes have a grid in some way: Minecraft is a game mainly with cubes and that already has a grid, Terraria even has a rule, Animal Crossing has nothing but things are placed gridded and Don't Starve as such all setpieces are gridded.

8 minutes ago, Wonky656 said:

But it is something essential that the game should have as a sandbox

not really no. things like this are never a requirement for any game gmod doesn't have a grid, many games where there are snap together plate type building mechanics are also not grid based. just because you use something 24/7 doesn't mean it has to be a feature inside the game.

15 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

not really no. things like this are never a requirement for any game gmod doesn't have a grid, many games where there are snap together plate type building mechanics are also not grid based. just because you use something 24/7 doesn't mean it has to be a feature inside the game.

Actually yes, we are talking about a game that has many decoration features which are not implemented well and even worse! In the trailers the developers make maps with grid decorations, just because you play something without much interest in it doesn't mean that the others who have been around for a long time and love making bases are wrong (literally all moderately known youtubers use this mod)

Don't Starve was originally intended as a solo survival game, people wanted it to be multiplayer and here we are, so you shouldn't be afraid of improvements.

And anyway, this post is to add all the technical errors of this game and variants. Just because you feel something isn't necessary doesn't mean it's right, if you don't just see that after so many years they finally fix hundreds of errors from Don't Starve, Rog, Shipwrecked and Hamlet.

And now that I think about it, could the fact that the trailers have grid bases be classified as false advertising? Although of course, the console trailers are made on PC

Am I literally the only one who couldn’t careless for that geometric placement mod? Like for real.. if you’ve only ever played on Console, you can’t want or miss something you never had. And since i’ve played this long without it.. I don’t feel like Klei needs to break their neck to add it.

48 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Am I literally the only one who couldn’t careless for that geometric placement mod? Like for real.. if you’ve only ever played on Console, you can’t want or miss something you never had. And since i’ve played this long without it.. I don’t feel like Klei needs to break their neck to add it.

I have like 3,000 hours on Xbox One and almost 2,000 on PC... Plus the time I played on Ps Vita, Switch and Android, and yes... It's really necessary when you have a tick to have everything organized xd

I still like that they only criticize this point and not everything else, it speaks very badly of the ports

On 2/10/2023 at 7:04 PM, Wonky656 said:

• Geometric Placement and Geometric Drop is not official yet (the game has various objects and structures in order to be decorative, keep it consistent)

Just because there are decorations doesn't mean everything needs to be on a grid. Not everyone wants to decorate on a grid. You're presenting your opinions as facts.

On 2/18/2023 at 3:24 PM, Wonky656 said:

And anyway, this post is to add all the technical errors of this game and variants. Just because you feel something isn't necessary doesn't mean it's right, if you don't just see that after so many years they finally fix hundreds of errors from Don't Starve, Rog, Shipwrecked and Hamlet.

Exactly this. Not having geo place isn't a "technical error". To quote you, "Just because you feel something is(n't) necessary doesn't mean it's right". Just because you like geo place doesn't mean it not being vanilla is somehow a flaw.

On 2/11/2023 at 1:04 AM, Wonky656 said:

Don't Starve Together [DST]

• Place Statues, /.../ and that there is no decent way to place them correctly is a design and mechanical failure.

Use the computer mouse to move the cursor to your desired location on the screen and click the mouse button once.

21 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Bro just learn English. Easy.

What a stupid comment xd, do you understand that the languages are in the game but they can't be activated without mods? Nobody has said that they are necessary "which are necessary to attract even more public"

17 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Use the computer mouse to move the cursor to your desired location on the screen and click the mouse button once.

Try to make sure that they are all even, it is inevitable that more than one is not correctly placed and it can seriously affect the Varg Farm and others. (Now do it on consoles xd)

Archived