[Beta Update] - 542393

• Developer

Changes:

• Shadow Splumonkeys will no longer throw poop (ALL).
  • Homeless frogs will sleep at night now (ALL).
  • Krampus will no longer steal backpacks and will not try to follow the player in water (ALL).
  • Pigman Mayor now has his own unique name (HAM).
  • Unrecoverable items can no longer be stored in the Root Trunk (HAM).
  • Fountain of Youth's water generation time is now affected by long time passes (sleeping, coming back from another world) (HAM).
  • Regal Scepter now floats (HAM).
  • Leaving and entering the world no longer cancels Vampire Bats' attacks (HAM).

Bug Fixes:

• Introduced during the Beta:
    • Fixed tree saplings disappearing if the seed was in a stack (ALL).
    • Fixed not being able to place items on pressure plates (HAM).
    • Fixed Farmplots not spawning in Hamlet's world generation (HAM).

• Fixed Bat Bat draining sanity when the player is full health and has a health penalty (ALL).
  • Fixed Meat Bulbs spawning eyeplants at the world's origin (ALL).
  • Fixed some issues with Woodie reverting to human form (ALL).
  • Fixed Moleworm sleeping during night if it is homeless (ALL).
  • Fixed Shadow Hand dissipating more than once (animation and sounds) (ALL).
  • Fixed being able to light Night Light with Fire Staff (ALL).
  • Fixed Maxwell's name, when sitting on the Throne, not using translations (ALL).
  • Fireflies can no longer be captured during the day with the action key, for real this time (Base, RoG).
  • The Lighter can now set mobs on fire as intended (Base,  RoG).
  • Fixed Birchnut Trees dropping an extra acorn on the wrong side (RoG, SW, HAM).
  • Fixed an FX spawning at the world’s origin when a Floaty Boaty Knight attacks (SW).
  • Fixed eye plants spawning inside Tidal Ponds and items getting stuck in them (SW).
  • Fixed Fire Packim Baggims attacking Webber's tamed spiders (SW).
  • Fixed mobs and the player being affected and triggering spider webs while in water, when the spider web is next to water (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed some mobs having larger poison FX than they should. (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed Moleworm trying to make its home in a water spot (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed Moleworm trying to pick up items on water (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed Brambles not spawning in dirt turf (HAM).
  • Fixed Pog getting his feral appearance after leaving interiors (HAM).
  • Fixed world generation being affected on other worlds if the save slot was Hamlet compatible (HAM).
    • E.g.: Forest worlds generating without rivers dividing biomes.
  • Fixed fire FX position on Spider Monkeys (HAM).
  • Fixed a set piece not spawning a Smashing Pot (HAM).
  • Fixed the impact FX of Dragoon Eggs being different than in Shipwrecked (HAM).
  • Fixed Vampire Bats getting stuck in the air if the player exits and enters the world during their landing (HAM).
  • Fixed Poison FX disappearing on some mobs after exiting interiors (HAM).
  • Fixed the possibility of having 2 BFBs in the world at the same time (HAM).
  • Fixed Jungle Burr planting itself when inside inventories or containers (HAM).
  • Fixed Aporkalypse not having ambient light if started during night (HAM).
  • Fixed Crumbling Brazier spawning an infinite mini flame next to it if it's burning during save/load (HAM).
  • Fixed Moleworm being able to go into water (HAM).
  • Fixed a crash with Wood Gates built in interiors (HAM).
  • Fixed Hanging Vine stealing non-food items (HAM).
  • Fixed mouse over selection for Lamp Posts (HAM).
  • Fixed Poison Dartfrog defending Hanging Vines (HAM).
  • Fixed Hanging Vines never forgetting their target (HAM).
  • Fixed drowned player resurrecting too close to water (HAM).
  • Spawners placed inside interiors will spawn their mobs correctly if the player is outside (HAM).
  • Fixed Queen Malfalfa trying to give daily gifts to the player (HAM).
  • Fixed Fountain of Youth emitting sounds when dry after load (HAM).
  • Fixed Hanging Vines not being affected by world customization (HAM).

View full update

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

For the upcoming qol update, it would be a great change to make cork trees a craftable item instead of a structure. So it wouldn't be annoying to plant, and it would be consistent with other trees that have a plantable inventory item.(aka a seed)

Since DST has craftable marble beans, i don't see it being out of the ordinary for a craftable cork tree seed/starter.

(Speaking of marble beans, please add them to DS so we can have renewable marble :wilson_love:)

Edited by -Nick-
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, -Nick- said:

For the upcoming qol update, it would be a great change to make cork trees a craftable item instead of a structure. So it wouldn't be annoying to plant, and it would be consistent with other trees that have a plantable inventory item.(aka a seed)

Since DST has craftable marble beans, i don't see it being out of the ordinary for a craftable cork tree seed/starter.

(Speaking of marble beans, please add them to DS so we can have renewable marble :wilson_love:)

The cork ones I think is almost impossiable as they have no ability/time to draw its inventory image/ground and water animation. (Just like they said there was no new content)

I do agree bring the marble beans. They have extremely high appearance and practicality.

Edited by KXWl1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ansuman said:

please fix coffee & other plants withering and seasons out of sync world hop/ volcano bug. I think those are biggest bug excluding crashes.

Yes! I've mentioned that as well before. Hopefully they will hear us!!! One of the most annoying bugs..

• Like 1

Hi Klei, 

Great work on the bugfixes so far and your work on the DS franchise in general!

Yesterday, I died after roughly 150 days of a Shipwrecked world after a seemingly endless barrage of dragoon eggs fell onto my head. I didn't really have a lot of things to offer to the altar of Snackrifice in the volcano, so I guess that's a logical consequence. I believe this was partially a consequence of  what I think is a bug around the breeding and growth of Doydoys:

I brought my two Doydoys together around day 50 and placed them on a safe Island away from my base. Towards the end of the world (i.e. 100 days later) they had reproduced 3 times and I was left with 1 new adult Doydoy and two baby Doydoys when I last visited the island.

Long story short, I suspect that Doydoy breeding and growth only works if they are loaded in. Would be great if you found the time to look into this, as well.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Fix bug where shadow creatures in caves don't despawn if you leave cave. You come back to cave with full sanity and it's still 10 shadow creatures waiting for you. I think this happens when you world jump from one dlc to another as well. For example you getting chased by 3 shadow creatures then hop in the sea worthy when you come back they'll still be there.