What would you add to caves if you could?

I'm crazy here but I think it would be cool to have a "Pit" biome where it is effectively the surface. Large circular area, immune to earthquakes akin to the Atrium, affected by day/night cycle. Flowers can grow naturally there. Bees do their thing. Could be a great place to put in the Pugalisk, or some boss type enemy similar to the Pugalisk in there.

Minecart rails that sprawl throughout the caves would be cool. And players could build minecarts to travel on the tracks. These tracks could even go over the abyss and into other biomes.

The ancient murals depicted the ancients using minecarts so its not out of the possibility that thier minecart tracks got left abandoned. 

I even made a concept on how tracks could be built by players.

Spoiler

Untitled97.jpg.554228e8e5d63aa79059c938d8ef41a5.jpg

20 hours ago, -Nick- said:

Minecart rails that sprawl throughout the caves would be cool. And players could build minecarts to travel on the tracks. These tracks could even go over the abyss and into other biomes.

The ancient murals depicted the ancients using minecarts so its not out of the possibility that thier minecart tracks got left abandoned. 

I even made a concept on how tracks could be built by players.

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled97.jpg.554228e8e5d63aa79059c938d8ef41a5.jpg

Wouldn’t this feel too much like Minecraft though??? I want something- new and unique to DST… I don’t want a freakin Minecraft Clone… I want DST to be DST!!! 
So in short: More stuff like the Sealed Archives, Or a cool Lunar Biome that has no gravity and has the player walking about on the ceiling instead of on the ground…

If Sonic the Hedgehog could flip gravity back in the 90’s- I’m absolutely shocked that a game all about funny lunar mutations and moon effects does not yet have features to make me feel like I’m in low/zero gravity.

The Lunar Grotto (which has a ceiling in Klei’s art design for it) seemed like a perfect opportunity to put us on the ceiling.. 

279F4DE4-6233-407F-AA13-7A2B03B786BF.thumb.png.515acfbfcf47fb516419046d64efe68a.png
nevertheless… ANYTHING would be better than just Copy/Paste what Minecraft did.

I wish klei can improve the existing biomes before adding new biome. They are too monotonous.

For example, the mushtree forest biomes. three mushtree forests have borrowed elements from other biome. The red forest has stalagmites and cave spiders (Spillagmite Caverns), the green forest has Rabbits and surface resources (Sinkhole), and the blueforest has white spiders. They should have their own characteristics.

I don't understand why the biomes where Toadstol is located is bat cave or muddy, and there is also a pond with ruins, which seems out of place. Obviously, mushtree forest is more suitable for it.

I think the mixed mushtree forest biome should be the background of Toadstol, because it happens to have three kinds of mushrooms, which match the booty of BOSS. Add a mushroom pond, and small toads with mushrooms will jump out of it.This design can tell the players that there are groups of toads living underground, otherwise it would be strange to see a giant toad suddenly.

522026746_.thumb.png.43545e8a426f85471beedc621674bc47.png

In addition, I want them to bring back the Moon Grottoes to show the underground mine after being transformed by the moon power:微笑:.Maybe we can add a staircase here, which connects the lunar Island. As a reward for high-level players, of course, we must first ensure the danger of this biome.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wouldn’t this feel too much like Minecraft though??? I want something- new and unique to DST… I don’t want a freakin Minecraft Clone… I want DST to be DST!!! 

Ah yes I forgot Minecraft invented minecarts, and that no other games can have a minecart system.

tentapillars needs to connect to more interesting places not just the atrium. Nobody really uses them as wormhole so they could be like the requirement to jump onto hostile isolate biomes (which was the intention with the atrium but everybody telepuffs lol)

also the atrium could be more interesting. Most of the time i just telepuff arround until i reach the FW's arena because isnt worth wasting time and resources fighting the 583858381th clockwork to get gears and open a chest with a spear...

Archived