Did the boating experience get worse?

36 minutes ago, Hornete said:

@Truffle I believe it got fixed in a recent patch, though from the video I can presume you're playing on console(?). I am unsure if console has gotten the same fix yet.

For now, try disabling lag compensation in settings, it should fix your issue in the mean time.

Me and my wife play exclusively split screen PS4 and I've never experienced this (disclaimer, we only play local, we don't host/join online worlds) I actually haven't experienced any rubber banding for a while now. Not sure when it was fixed, I think last October was when we got back into DST after a 2 year hiatus (bad internet and rl stuff) and I haven't rubber banded since. We have actually been able to get back to a 1200+ day world that used to rubber band me mercilessly regardless of lag settings.

Also, weirdly I was messing around in settings for the first time in a while tonight and noticed my lag comp had been turned back on. I turned it off (how I always used to keep it) and it acted the way it used to when it was turned on. It's like the effects for lag comp were swapped.

18 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

I've never experienced this

Yes that is because it is a recent issue brought upon from the rework of lag compensation.

very simple TL:DR on how the new system works. Instead of your client rubberbanding back to sync with the server, the server rubberbands forward to sync with the client

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

@Truffle I believe it got fixed in a recent patch, though from the video I can presume you're playing on console(?). I am unsure if console has gotten the same fix yet.

Yea I just saw it got fixed for pc yesterday. I'll just have to wait until it comes to console

8 hours ago, Hornete said:

very simple TL:DR on how the new system works. Instead of your client rubberbanding back to sync with the server, the server rubberbands forward to sync with the client

Does this mean you could do something like make a client mod that lets you teleport short distances like the Source cheats?

Archived