QoL Wish List

1. The enlightened crown's spore inventory should be closed by default. It currently opens itself whenever you join the server or change shards, which is annoying.

2. The enlightened crown currently grants both light and the gestalt attack while the player is at or above 85% sanity. Since the gestalt attack uses up sanity with each hit, the player will eventually be left in darkness after attacking enemies. I suggest that either the sanity threshold for light is lowered to 80% or the gestalt threshold is raised to 90% so the crown stops draining sanity before turning off it's own light.

3. Moon crater turf and mutated fungal turf are currently the only turfs which can not be learned from prototyping or blueprints. I suggest that they are either added to the terra firma tamper or that their blueprints are added to the celestial tab.

4. I want the guardian's horn and houndius shootius to be stackable items. 

5. The eye mask and shield of terror can both be refueled with edible items, but break at 0% durability. I suggest that they either stay intact at 0% (similar to the miner hat and alarming clock), or that they don't have durability at all and drain hunger on use instead (similar to how night armor and bat bat drain sanity on use).

6. Unlike in singleplayer don't starve, beardlords in don't starve together have the same stats as bunnymen. As I understand it, this is due to the fact that there is no longer just one player whose sanity would determine if bunnymen should turn into beardlords or not. But since maxwell's shadow sneak turns all affected bunnymen into beardords regardless of sanity, at least those could now get their proper singleplayer stats back.

My opinion on your opinion:

1. Absolutely.

2. Not enough buffs. I think enlightenment crown should glow at any sanity and just have a very bad radius when deactivated. I also think shards should glow like thermal stone when in your inventory. 

3. Sure. Also, moon shroom turf needs a recipie change because shrooms are almost non renewable. Also as a side note, can klei come up with any kind of item for celestial tab, like at all? We got 4 crafting stations and all of them have same 2 items and nothing else.

4. Makes sence. 

5. Strongly disagree. Pay attention to durability and manage your equipment properly. 

6. I so want it!!! If they'd brought back animations and sound effects from DS beardmans I would love that! 

1. Lazy forager being able to harvest grass, twigs, berry bushes, stone fruit etc...
  2. More celestial champion drops.
  3. Lazy deserter solo.
  4. Scaled furnace should have a container where you can put stacks of items to cook/burn.
  5. Reading a pirate map should reveal Moonquay Island, just like Pearl's bottles.
  6. Crabking, Toadstool and Bee Queen rework.
  7. Houndius Shootius buff.
  8. A proper rain summoning item available for all characters.
  9. Bee Queen crown should make bees neutral towards you.
  10. More hostile flare interactions.

My wishlist

1. Night Light buff and correction to recipe of one purple gem instead of red gem. And would love for it to drain sanity automatically to fuel itself when it becomes nighttime.

2. Beequeenreworkbeequeenreworkbeequeenrework- the fight sucks rn, make it not suck pls tyyy, (ancient guardian rework was a fantastic change)

3. Better system for Toadstool drops. II actually think this fight is already engaging and fun as is. What I hate is that 2 of the coolest items for base building are guarded behind an intensely difficult boss to solo and the only option to maybe  get both blueprints in one go is to double its already insanely high hp. I've fought misery twice now in two separate worlds and got glowcap, 2 funcaps, and napsack. super disappointing.

4. Storage rework, give us new storage types to fill different niches and fix things like wardrobe that should already be for storage. As of now, the only thing that makes sense with the current system of chests and iceboxes is that anything that doesn't stack gets dropped on the floor in the pile™.

5. Change the way beeswax interacts with giant crops so that they can wax up to 20 giants.

On 1/24/2023 at 8:17 PM, Nols said:

1. The enlightened crown's spore inventory should be closed by default. It currently opens itself whenever you join the server or change shards, which is annoying.

I've been posting about this issue for over a year, it also applies to the Sea Fishing Rod. I've stopped playing the game, but every time there's an update I check to see if this issue has been addressed so I can play again. It hasn't, and the fact that it hasn't is bizarre and confusing to me. Oh well. 

On 1/24/2023 at 8:17 PM, Nols said:

There was a Mod uploaded to the Steam Workshop last week called 'Auto Close Enlightened Crown'. It solves this issue. 

On 1/24/2023 at 10:17 PM, Nols said:

5. The eye mask and shield of terror can both be refueled with edible items, but break at 0% durability. I suggest that they either stay intact at 0% (similar to the miner hat and alarming clock), or that they don't have durability at all and drain hunger on use instead (similar to how night armor and bat bat drain sanity on use).

This, just please no.

it’s only a matter of paying attention to the item, I’ve worn an eye mask for literally 800+ days without breaking it, and I fight all the time.
Having it drain hunger would make the items horrible to use often, when in reality they are currently at a nice spot and they are not that hard to get again if you for whatever reason break them. It also encourages repeating the fight, if you want to make sure you will always have one.

The only change for these items IMO is the shield of terraria should have had an optional RMB dash attack. But other than that, they are great, and currently among my favorite weapon/armor in game even as they are.

My QoL wishlist:

Remove needing to kill Dragonfly from the crafting Recipe for a completely cosmetic pet den critter Broodling.

Re-Design Dragonfly’s fight to require a summoning mechanic and a whole lot less grind.

Remove Bundling Wrap from Needing to Kill Bee Queen to Obtain, in Solo DS you could get the blueprint from randomly destroyed beehives, OR you can get an alternate version of it in DST by toggling on WintersFeast ViA gift wrap.

Make it so that if you have two of the same weapon type in your inventory and the one in the hand slot breaks it auto equips the other one, Football Helms already do this, I’d freaking love it if Spears did too.

Add a way to Hide all the Onscreen HuD Clutter- mainly the Quick Craft Menu & your Inventory, I want a way without mods, to choose to hide those out of the field of view.

In Wilderness game mode change it so that when the player dies and respawns they can end up in a truly completely random location (lunar, moon quay, down in caves etc..) this sounds like an excellent way to force players who stay huddled in base till they die into actually exploring the game world around them each time they die and Respawn in a random area.

Allow Wilson to fully spec out his entire skill tree, even if it requires some late game type of progress.. if Wickerbottom can carry around an entire library and Maxwell can read her entire library, Wilson having all his perks ain’t as busted as y’all fear it would be.

My QoL wishlist: 

- Stack Sketchs, bps and Advert up to 20.
- Be able to get more bushs, of all kinds of berries, grass and etc from Unnatural Portal.
- Allow the crafiting of butter(salt+milk?).
- Allow us to get water from moon dial.
- Allow us to get water from the sea and clean the water to use on farms.
- Wickerbottom books to grown marble and lureplants. 
- List server by age(days) in server list. 
- Favorite servers on server list.
- Be able to farm Moon Shroom in Mushroom Planter.
- Allow refill Bone Helm.
- Hamlet and Shipwrecked Together. (PLEEEAAASEEEE)
- Allow us to craft Hollow Stumps.
- Allow us to plant and multiply Spiky Trees,  Lumpy Evergreens, Mushtrees, Lunar Mushtrees and etc..
- Allow us to remove and replant cactus.
- Salt Licks made of salt(got that from Thalz) that lasts up to 70 days.
- Characters and monsters statues and more decorations.
- Palmcone Tree drops 2 Palmcone Sprouts.
- Enter worn holes and sinkholes mounted in beefalos, as well as cook and open and close Wood Gates. 
- Drops Shark Fin from Rockjaws and allow us to craft Sleek Hats. 
- Allow us to craft Wobster Mounds.
- Allow us to craft Marble Pillars. 
- Get more beefalos from rain like goats.
- Hamlet and Shipwrecked Together. (PLEEEAAASEEEE 2)
- Allow us to craft Pig Heads.
- Allow us to craft  4 Beeswax with 1 Honeycomb.
- Telelocator Focus use cost 1 purple gem. 
- Bring back Basic Farm and Improved Farm for decoration.
- Add Coffee Plant and Brain of Thought in DST.
- Regenerate crockpot food with Salt Crystals(from Mestre Cuca).
- Allow Rabbits to create new holes if the player drops they in the ground.
- Golden Hammer.
- A way to close Sinkhole. 
- Guano auto stacking to Sinkholes.
- Something to stop petrification in game, like a potion.
- Allow us to use Festive Lights and Enlightening Snares in Deck Illuminator(Deck Illuminators could have a upgraded version and we could get the bp from Malbatross.)
- Better beefalo AI, they should behave like chester.
- Hamlet and Shipwrecked Together. (PLEEEAAASEEEE 3)
- Allow the crafiting of Splumonkey Pods, Monkey Huts and Slurtle Mounds.

Allow us to be able to craft everithing in DST that is not possible today, but it is in the game  =D

On 3/18/2023 at 9:49 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

it’s only a matter of paying attention to the item, I’ve worn an eye mask for literally 800+ days without breaking it, and I fight all the time.

I think for the mask it’s alright, but I can’t really say the same for the shield. Compared to the mask the shield is significantly more difficult to obtain, and I always found it a bit odd it both has pretty low durability as a weapon + armor and can break.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like using the shield, but I do wish it had a durability buff or didn’t break at 0%. It feels unfortunate it can break so easily despite being quite a challenge to obtain.

Archived