Why do other dupes walk past incapacitated dupe?

is there a certain dupe skill needed to pick up an incapacitated dupe?

several times now i have had an incapacitated dupe lying on the floor, other dupes walking past and not picking him/her up, and dupe dies from suffocation.

if you click the incapacitated dupe there is no priority or anything to select to get picked up...

if i am missing something please let me know, thanks.

6 hours ago, stevmjon said:

is there a certain dupe skill needed to pick up an incapacitated dupe?

several times now i have had an incapacitated dupe lying on the floor, other dupes walking past and not picking him/her up, and dupe dies from suffocation.

if you click the incapacitated dupe there is no priority or anything to select to get picked up...

if i am missing something please let me know, thanks.

Sometimes the assigned duplicant might not be the nearest one, sometimes it is the duplicant on the other side of the map

Its always good to build more med beds than dupes are alive, in a central map location. When I start a fresh save, I directly build 10-100 med beds and 10-100 graves in the beginning. Watch out that the dupes are not asleep, if an injured one is still laying around somewhere :flustered:

When there is no more space to build in the map, I outsource all graves in to the big steam room ( used for steam generators and rocket exhaust heat/fumes ).

Its also good to build transit tubes from all directions to the med beds, for fast access and speedy transportation times :beguiled:

At more than 100 dupes I start to build a dedicated power grid for transit tubes and dedicated, exclusive power generation for the tube network.

Build the meds beds where there is optimal living situation, where you always have oxygen and normal dupe temperature. At +100 dupes the dupes themself create quite a lot of body heat if they are all cluttered together, then I start to build a dedicated aircon cooling for a beds area...

I love ONI, I think I need to play it again :p

Archived