Aggro redirected to Max

28 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

?? check the video, a nightmere just spawned when i turned off the record. I dont like examples in ideal scenarios since they show anything

im actually playing maxwell. Already killed AG, eye of terror, klaus and deerclops, spring just started and im planning to kill BQ and farm some moose goose, aslong as farmed spiders, goats, koalephants, pigs, etc plus i have turned on the setting to receive more damage so AG basically could 2 shot me while wearing log suit. I wish i had more time to played more but my computer has problems and work doesnt let me much free time but still having a blast playing, one of the best refresh/rework klei ever did

I dont see any problem with the mechanic, i just see you saying non sense and atacking when is clearly your fault for not taking advantage of the mechanic

The mechanic allows you to control where the enemy move in case you have shadow snares planted, increase shadow survival and is unique. Play wurt or use bunnymen if you wanna spam followers from a safe distand

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.a702563283c258f0a903e4d5f523a38b.jpeg

Well, then you should understand what is being said here, you make things difficult and you don't see or empathize with people who don't have much experience in the game. Can you play like this? yes, but for me it is a dumb mechanic and for inexperienced players too, you can be sure of that.

10 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Well, then you should understand what is being said here, you make things difficult and you don't see or empathize with people who don't have much experience in the game. Can you play like this? yes, but for me it is a dumb mechanic and for inexperienced players too, you can be sure of that.

Depends on who you talk to really, when it comes to teamplay the way Maxwell's duelist's work flows is much better as your as they're not messing up kiting as much and can be stopped on a dime due to dancing I'm not saying your wrong but your not completely right either changing it will negatively impact some casual and more experienced players as well and at that point wouldn't it just be better to keep his current state for as we already have other variants for people looking for something else?

14 minutes ago, SullyD said:

maxwell was never meant for inexperienced players. There are a lot of noob friendly, casual and easier characters but only warly, wes, wanda and maxwell require some experience with the game

this mechanic makes maxwell fun since otherwise you will simply spam duelists without worry about your survival which is boring and already something that exists with every other follower. With this mechanic you think how to approach certain fights. For example i was tempting on summoning some duelists in the middle of a pig village like if i were playing wendy but instead i needed to take a more sneaky aproach

is okey if you dont like it but others do and that doesnt give you the right of acting like you act

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

maxwell was never meant for inexperienced players. There are a lot of noob friendly, casual and easier characters but only warly, wes, wanda and maxwell require some experience with the game

this mechanic makes maxwell fun since otherwise you will simply spam duelists without worry about your survival which is boring and already something that exists with every other follower. With this mechanic you think how to approach certain fights. For example i was tempting on summoning some duelists in the middle of a pig village like if i were playing wendy but instead i needed to take a more sneaky aproach

is okey if you dont like it but others do and that doesnt give you the right of acting like you act

Look friend I do not want to fight with you, I respect what you say ok. I understand the concept of the topic. Just a different aggro mechanic for Maxwell, but it does not mean that this is something positive because it can give frustration to those who play, think well, the duelists are to fight, they were made for it and the aggro go to Max does not make much sense, that's all.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

less than 1 min and 40 seconds to kill deerclops equiped with noob friendly items and using controller by someone who has less than 2h of playtime with controller

no more excuses

Bro, you literally spawned the Deerclops in in your own controlled environment, now trying doing that when your Deerclops unfortunately decides to spawn in the biome of hound dens, or in your Pigman village- you will quickly realize my problem with this “fun mechanic” when IN ADDITION TO the Deerclops you were fighting, you now have angry hounds, a town of once peaceful but now murderous Pigmen, Merms, or even freaking mosquitos, whatever your duelists decide they want to attack- is now chasing you right alongside that boss.

And let’s just go ahead and forget the Moose/Goose + Frog Rain Tactic that’s used often, cause yeah say hello to the Frog Armageddon.

I haven’t played the game since the new patch went live yesterday so maybe the duelists have been tweaked a bit, but my experience before hand was an unpleasant one.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Bro, you literally spawned the Deerclops in in your own controlled environment, now trying doing that when your Deerclops unfortunately decides to spawn in the biome of hound dens, or in your Pigman village- you will quickly realize my problem with this “fun mechanic” when IN ADDITION TO the Deerclops you were fighting, you now have angry hounds, a town of once peaceful but now murderous Pigmen, Merms, or even freaking mosquitos, whatever your duelists decide they want to attack- is now chasing you right alongside that boss.

And let’s just go ahead and forget the Moose/Goose + Frog Rain Tactic that’s used often, cause yeah say hello to the Frog Armageddon.

I haven’t played the game since the new patch went live yesterday so maybe the duelists have been tweaked a bit, but my experience before hand was an unpleasant one.

Why would you stay and fight deerclopes next to a den of hounds also at least from my experience the dualist usually focus on fighting the Target you summon them closest to First

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Let deerclops make the controlled environment then. If something else is fighting it, then wait it out. You now have an injured deepclops with nothing else interfering.

26 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

you have plenty of time to move to a empty place, most places are empty...

even if there were something deerclops would kill them fast so you just wait until is alone if dealing with something else is a problem

deerclops is so slow so if you are fighting something you just need to go away...is blowing my mind this deerclops conversation in a maxwell topic

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you have plenty of time to move to a empty place, most places are empty...

even if there were something deerclops would kill them fast so you just wait until is alone if dealing with something else is a problem

deerclops is so slow so if you are fighting something you just need to go away...is blowing my mind this deerclops conversation in a maxwell topic

I mean, most other bosses are in a area you need to go to and summon/activate them- Deerclops is one of the few that spawns in and wrecks everything you own. The game forces you to deal with Deerclops unless you want to risk it smashing your map void of beehives, pig houses, etc.

So naturally Deerclops is going to come up as a topic, because- and as I’ve said several times, in addition to fighting the Deerclops you also have to fight everything else- or more likely run away from.

Ive managed to kill Deerclops with Maxwell, it took several failed attempts, and to do like you do in your video and create an “empty” area to fight it within.

Its only when fighting it + other stuff that becomes annoying.

Example- When I play Wes I will intentionally kite a Spider Queen or Deerclops to one another to fight each other. While also getting in a few risky hits myself.

With Maxwell it’s either “Play like he’s Wes, or use your cool rework stuff and suffer worse than Wes ever dreamed of”

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I mean, most other bosses are in a area you need to go to and summon/activate them- Deerclops is one of the few that spawns in and wrecks everything you own. The game forces you to deal with Deerclops unless you want to risk it smashing your map void of beehives, pig houses, etc.

So naturally Deerclops is going to come up as a topic, because- and as I’ve said several times, in addition to fighting the Deerclops you also have to fight everything else- or more likely run away from.

Ive managed to kill Deerclops with Maxwell, it took several failed attempts, and to do like you do in your video and create an “empty” area to fight it within.

Its only when fighting it + other stuff that becomes annoying.

Example- When I play Wes I will intentionally kite a Spider Queen or Deerclops to one another to fight each other. While also getting in a few risky hits myself.

With Maxwell it’s either “Play like he’s Wes, or use your cool rework stuff and suffer worse than Wes ever dreamed of”

again. If there is something else you just need to use deerclops to kill them and, once is alone, you use cage+duelists. If shadows spawns just run because deerclops has -1 speed

you are making it look like is super difficult and unfair when it isnt

Found that having additional followers, such as bunny men helps out with spreading the aggro from a bunch of mobs. Instead of having 20 spiders+ a queen chasing maxwell with my duelists, I had some spiders aggroed on the bunnies when I added them, so I was able to get in hits without needing to tank 20 spiders all at the same time. Downside is that your followers will be affected by shadow prison and sneak.

Archived