how do you main

4 minutes ago, HellHeater said:

then how can wurt mains possibly exist

by playing her. I like wurt plenty. especially with the inordinant amount of positive changes to her like merm ai. I wouldn't normally entertain such a comment, but this thread is clearly from someone who is by some definition new to the game, so I would prefer if you didn't instantly instill bad stereotypes/the thought of just generally being mean about characters from the getgo. :/

29 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

by playing her. I like wurt plenty. especially with the inordinant amount of positive changes to her like merm ai. I wouldn't normally entertain such a comment, but this thread is clearly from someone who is by some definition new to the game, so I would prefer if you didn't instantly instill bad stereotypes/the thought of just generally being mean about characters from the getgo. :/

But… Wes.

(Not a joke, Wes is bad.. especially if you want people to pick useful teammates!)

But you find a main by playing them, loving their music note sounds, character quotes & gameplay style.

Every character has pros & cons. I like to change things up, switching characters whenever the current one is starting to feel stale.

Woodie

• (PRO) Literally the best character in first 10 days of the game
  • (PRO) The were forms are all quite fun
  • (CON) Literally cannot finish the game since he can't interact with objects during a full moon
  • (CON) The were forms are all jank AF

Winona

• (PRO) Catapults go brrrrrr
  • (PRO) Fast crafting makes her the best megabaser
  • (PRO) Being Charlie's sister means she has to spend much, much less on light
  • (CON) Expensive to use her catapults, as they cost Gems or Nitre neither of which is tremendously abundant

Warly

• (PRO) Highest damage potential in the game requires his dishes
  • (PRO) Farming & cooking are fun
  • (CON) His food penalty is annoying early on
  • (CON) Farming & cooking are less fun once you end up making the same crops/dishes for the upteenth time
  • (CON) Requires a fairly substantial base to maximize his bonuses

Wes

• (CON) He's French
  • (CON) He's a Mime
  • (CON) He's as squishy as Pichu
  • (PRO) He's as cute as Pichu
  • (PRO) Still more interesting than Wilson

10 hours ago, Thrul said:

but all his perks are for slaving at farms

consider:

- living logs at your disposal means that after a certain point you can just... have dark swords on demand, since they'd cost 20 hp + 5 NMF.

- similar situation with bramble husks, 40 hp + 4 stingers for a log suit that disallows stunlocking is a pretty great deal.

- speed bonus at minimal upkeep with the right equipment (bottle of fertilizer)/ almost out the gate with the right spawn.

- this ones a bit lesser, but hey, might as well jot down that his ability to gain sanity from seeds and pinecones allow him to have a slightly tighter grip on the state of his sanity.

He's not like, the best character ever, but he's definitely got a bit of versitility with his tools that allow him to take on a more offensive role at times.

Archived