Two Clone Suggestions

I've got two last suggestions I wanted to drop down real quick.
The first one being: Allow any of the clones to assist 'stuck' players.
image.thumb.png.42505cb8d711771a10ff258efb0c8806.png
Currently they just stare at you and mock you. Which is, I admit, pretty fun in of itself, but I also feel like they'd maybe just be a little itty bit more helpful to their commander.

And secondly, I'd love if making clones actually be able to carry heavy objects.
Currently you can bug them, and I feel like this is gonna be patched out, I'd love if it could be made into a genuine feature.
JiggleDiggleFiggleWiggle.thumb.gif.f86e461886b874c766ee7ea9407e8c32.gif

I feel they should be able to pick up and carry heavy objects, and when they do, they actively follow Maxwell again. 
They already drop the object when disappearing currently.

I thought they did attack "phlegm" when a player is stuck in it, just didn't get to test it (I'm always on a beefalo). Nice catch though, they should definitely try to free you.

What I really really want -so tell me what you want, what you reallyreallywant-  is that servants till available farm soil, whenever possible. And maybe that they pick dried things from drying racks.

16 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I thought they did attack "phlegm" when a player is stuck in it

Freeing players from "sticky" things is its own action, which they cannot preform.
Of course being shot at will make them target the Ewecus, it still leaves you just waddling until it wears off!
Which, is fine, but again being able to be freed quickly is decent QOL.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

What I really really want -so tell me what you want, what you reallyreallywant-  is that servants till available farm soil, whenever possible. And maybe that they pick dried things from drying racks.

On one hand, servants tilling farmland would be fun. On the other hand, Maxwell already does basically everything except that. I'm conflicted and don't know whether or not I want them to do that.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

it will really fit his personality and im surprised that klei didnt add tilling and rowing actions to the shadows

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

On the other hand, Maxwell already does basically everything except that. I'm conflicted and don't know whether or not I want them to do that.

I’m afraid of the reaction that wormwood mains may have about it mostly, since it could be considered stepping on his toes (roots?)

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

it will really fit his personality and im surprised that klei didnt add tilling and rowing actions to the shadows

Exactly. This rework , at least to my point of view, makes a very clear statement that Maxwell is basically lazy. He even got trapped in the constant in the first place for being lazy: just trying to climb from his artistic failure by cheating with dark magic, he probably knew nobody should mess with.

So most things that would require to get his hands “dirty” it makes total sense that he’d at least try to solve it with more dark magic first (even when he doesn’t even know the full extent of what he is messing with)

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I’m afraid of the reaction that wormwood mains may have about it mostly, since it could be considered stepping on his toes (roots?)

Wormwood is not only about farming, plus Maxwell still wouldn't have a built in faster talking to plants or even aoe automatic tending. I think the change would be nice and not stopping on Wormwood's toes at all. (People except that one person were fine with WX having music circuit so this should be fine too) 

7 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Yeah, exactly. Wormwood is a very good character in his own right, but when broken down his main two perks are moving faster and skipping tilling. Maxwell would be able to have one of those in addition to his combat, gathering, inventory, and item teleporting perks and utilize it without needing to play around Wormwood's much harsher downside.

Wormwood would still have a minor advantage in tilling over Maxwell because he could do it for literally free instead of basically free, but overall I'd honestly say Maxwell would become the better farmer since he has automatic tilling and Applied Horticulture. In my opinion the most fun thing that could happen would be to let Maxwell till the land, but give him more downside(s) since right now he only has the max health one which his power now makes much easier. Maybe one downside that's always there (like Wormwood & Warly have) and one that's from overuse of his power (like Wickerbottom). Downsides are just as fun as upsides so I'd love for such an already interesting character to become even more so.

Archived