New Maxwell ballance idea

3 minutes ago, edulopes said:

5 days... you can have almost all
and more 
using maxwell dont have the same?
20 damage shadows are phatetic you need at least shadow manipulator serval living logs papyrus and serval nigthmare fuel and even purple gem

If you can craft the better books with a bookstore, establish yourself In lunar island or kill fw in 5 days kudos to you, I can’t.

The 20 damage shadows scales by quantity: 4-5 do deal quite a punch, and you can basically be naked in your day 1 in a game that has been going for a while and help kill a hound wave just running around. I know Abigail does the same, but I mean in comparison Wicker is miles away from that power early game

8 minutes ago, edulopes said:

placing the books on an shelve is the easiest way, make 2 or 3 of the same sivilcuture book and keep farming reed, then do all other books then just mantain your sanity using sanity food, in form of kelp, banana, or any veggie you like or even hanged food get an tam o shanter 2 reads per day for free, so the book dont break and you dont go insane

All those things you mentioned require like at least 15 days of work and setup. I have at least 500 hours with the new wicker now (had a couple of thousands more with the old wicker) I do rush libraries and the books I’m more interested to have in only a few days, but my point is that getting to that is hard, took a lot of practice and planning and it’s not as simple as Maxwell has it.

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean does Maxwell have a real downside in that case?

well you can get one shot for almost anything sanity dosent cap your dps health does, 
loss of health is much more important than sanity, if you are good low sanity dosent matter you maybie will die, you can always outrun them until an better spot, but if you are good and make one mistake at 75 health you will die

43 minutes ago, edulopes said:

turible only is worth it on beefalo

or when you dont want to participate

45 minutes ago, edulopes said:

making only dark sword viable

*making dark sword the best choice to engage in combat

45 minutes ago, edulopes said:

she can use normal armor

max too in a safer way

46 minutes ago, edulopes said:

she have 2 option of top tier weapons

the only ones that give damage boost while max has natural damage boost at day one without even fighting

47 minutes ago, edulopes said:

wanda can use all weapons when  young

but gets default damage while maxwell has extra dps no matter which weapon is using

3 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

If you can craft the better books with a bookstore

aside, the lunar and rain, yeah you can do the most important ones like temparatures, siviculture, food ones, i disconsider on tentacles they are just too situational, bee ones are makable, but i hate the bee sounds, end is nigth is only good for making the estingish one after wx dont getting overcharge, lux aterna is easy to do too

6 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

All those things you mentioned require like at least 15 days of work and setup. I have at least 500 hours with the new wicker now (had a couple of thousands more with the old wicker) I do rush libraries and the books I’m more interested to have in only a few days, but my point is that getting to that is hard, took a lot of practice and planning and it’s not as simple as Maxwell has it.

but were is the diference bettwen her and max the materials are basically the same, or as easy to get

1 minute ago, edulopes said:

aside, the lunar and rain, yeah you can do the most important ones like temparatures, siviculture, food ones, i disconsider on tentacles they are just too situational, bee ones are makable, but i hate the bee sounds, end is nigth is only good for making the estingish one after wx dont getting overcharge, lux aterna is easy to do too

but were is the diference bettwen her and max the materials are basically the same, or as easy to get

i always use her until gets portal, and i find her too easy and personally top 1 caracter of the game for everything besides figth

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

boost at day one without even fighting

oh lord it would kill to go a quick bit in the ruins in 4 days,

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

matter which weapon is using

matter what weapon head slot and armor slot

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

or when you dont want to participate

the atk speed goes to the ground

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

*making dark sword the best choice to engage in combat

the only option that buff shadows

2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

i disconsider on tentacles they are just too situational

This is precisely one of the first books I try to have. Paired with sleepytime stories are the best every day carry combat perks she has, the bees are too demanding in books usage and sanity to use outside of boss battles and ruins clearing. But spawning tentacles on the go and sleeping mobs give you the most versatile crowd control perks she has and are self powered (tentacles give more spots for more books, STS makes you insane for more books). It is tricky and like I said it took practice, but it feels amazing once you know how to combine them.

9 minutes ago, edulopes said:

Maxwell can go bananas with combat magic from day one, and abusing his powers in return make him insane which keep powering his perks. Don’t get me wrong I think he is a lot of fun, I even did a full run nomad, killing bosses and riding a beefalo without a stable base anywhere for about 50 days. My  point is that wicker requires setup, practice, exploration, grinding materials and a bit of know-how to get the most of her. And definitely a base where to keep her books, even if it is a small boat.

Maxwell is much easier to play IMO. 

Not asking for a nerf of course, just comparing the two. If anything, like Ohan said, some underwhelming books could get a sanity discount, though.

17 minutes ago, edulopes said:

i always use her until gets portal, and i find her too easy and personally top 1 caracter of the game for everything besides figth

oh lord it would kill to go a quick bit in the ruins in 4 days,

matter what weapon head slot and armor slot

the atk speed goes to the ground

the only option that buff shadows

you and other uses are mixing buffing shadows to restrictions, options avaraible, etc

all duelist, even 1 without buffs, already increase the dps, everything else is an upgrade

comparing that wrong sentences with how wanda works makes even less sense

sorry :P

24 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

comparing that wrong sentences with how wanda works makes even less sense

Just comparing him with them

In the end now Maxwell is an Farmer Wanda, Wanda have her tps and Maxwell his servants 

Both are glasscannons

Both are limites by gear

Both have some kind of progression

Would make more Sense making Maxwell damage tied to Go to archives than using only Shadow gear 

51 minutes ago, edulopes said:

well you can get one shot for almost anything sanity dosent cap your dps health does, 
loss of health is much more important than sanity, if you are good low sanity dosent matter you maybie will die, you can always outrun them until an better spot, but if you are good and make one mistake at 75 health you will die

Which for Maxwell doesn't matter since his armors of choice give him extremely high damage reduction or complete damage reduction in intervals if anything this proves Wanda has it harder since to play her optimally you need to be at a much much lower hp threshold than Maxwell in combat and Maxwell isn't dying in one hit unless your walking up to a boss with no armor on.

6 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Which for Maxwell doesn't matter since his armors of choice give him extremely high damage reduction or complete damage reduction in intervals if anything this proves Wanda has it harder since to play her optimally you need to be at a much much lower hp threshold than Maxwell in combat and Maxwell isn't dying in one hit unless your walking up to a boss with no armor on.

But is easly an more devastating downside than wickers, that your literally dont notice, and the Topic was for newer players too, so some of my arguments are about those things too

I am just trying to please ALL parties, the ones that are Fine as he is, would Be an 6 damage buff and 1 0 damage nerf

Locks the pillars Boss killers to an objective

Makes casting less abnoxious 

And comparing with only those 2 catercters, and i can compare with more It would Be an kit comparable to them

Mantain the gear sistem but dont make you having to use It, because in the same Sense why use old Wanda If Young Wanda have more health 

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The 20 damage shadows scales by quantity: 4-5 do deal quite a punch, and you can basically be naked in your day 1 in a game that has been going for a while and help kill a hound wave just running around. I know Abigail does the same, but I mean in comparison Wicker is miles away from that power early game

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

It just requires practice, like any new thing. It’s not so bad once you get the hang of it, it’s very similar to the forge.

You should try Wickerbottom sometime. She has no magic perks until she finds living logs, and even then the materials to get about to the same level of magic power maxwell starts with, would take at least to have done 20 things across the map (with a much much bigger downside by abusing magic)

About OP, I’d be fine to lock some of the best perks maxwell has behind doing something: be it improve the codex at the manipulator and pseudoscience stations or something. Have maxwell go on a little quest to unlock all of his potential (little quest, like making a manipulator and reaching a pseudoscience machine, not defeating huge bosses)
As for the duelists scaling damage I think it’s fine as it is now, I wouldn’t change that, they finally found kind of a sweet spot.

You don’t “have to” have bone items to use his perks, I’ve been using him with night armor, dark sword and magic hat and he works great already for most of the game. If you rush the ruins it works a little better with thul gear. Killing FW is just an extra convenience for him, not a mandatory thing to use his perks.

i do use hwickerbottom. She ahs some books u can craft right away, and usually I find a totally normal tree within 5 days, if i need more livign logs, its also easy to find the lunar grotto in the cave. The only hard to get books she has are the rain one and full moon, which I think should not even exist in the game as they are too OP, basically controlling world settings

1 hour ago, edulopes said:

But is easly an more devastating downside than wickers, that your literally dont notice, and the Topic was for newer players too, so some of my arguments are about those things too

This is debatable most newer players tend to avoid combat situations and often die to insanity which Maxwell prevents infact in terms of ability Maxwell comes off as a even better choice since his abilities only drain you to insanity if you spam his clones to peak summons.

Archived