some suggestion about maxwell

i am a Chinese don't strave together player of over 3700h .For Maxwell i came to the forum for the first time!

The problem that shadow duelists'  attack will cause the enemy to attack maxwell is terrible.Please disable this setting.Maxwell Has only 75 health and i think he should be a glass cannon as a mage.These characters usually stand back row concentrating on dealing more damage.And let those stronger ones to attract the enemies.It is unreasonable to bring maxwell into notice.

When i fight with boss like beargar,shadow gladiators soon get killed.I had to summon more. But the bear keep chasing me so that i had no time to read the book.If i use shadow prison.My sanity get worse and shadow monsters appears.I have to facing both of their attack.I might as well fight the bear myself without shadows.

After defeating ancient fuel weaver,bone helmet allows me to cast spells with ease.But until then i've barely been able to use shadow prison on a sustained basis..

When i fight with small creatures,the condition is in the same.All the spiders in the forest go after me just because my shadow conbatant hit one of them itself.Just Why?

I know you want maxwell join in the fight instead of standing by and watch.But many old player is very familiar to the fight. They just want to stay at ease and let the followers to combat.And for newplayers,Maxwell might not be suitable because his lower health.

To be honest,I really like the setting that shadow minions' attack power improved with maxwell's equipment.But the problem i mentioned above is unprecedented.If maxwell has that,why wouldn't wendy,webber and wurt?Wurt can even beat raged klaus with her merm legion (i really did that before)

Today I attempted to clean the ancient relic as maxwell(beta version). My gaming experience was terrible.I have to keep eating blue mushrooms before getting my first thulecite equipment. When I came to use shadow duelists,all the gear enemies noticed me.Gear bishops shoot me no matter how far i standed.Even I have to take more attacks than other survivors.The shadow monsters are also deadly.Ancient guardian always rush on me,but i also need to clean up the shadow monsters from summon shadow duelists.I almost get killed several times.Eventually i cant go much further because i ran out of my cure things.If i use wolfgang,wigfrid or wanda,i can kill them easily and leave with full health.But who was "once the king of the world"?

Please don't let the monster to maxwell's hatred mechanics into the offical version,my dear klei.

The problem is that if they nerf the duelists, they become obsolete again, but if they boost them, maxwell becomes just an AFK-er.

From what I've tested if you have "at least" shadow manipulator weapons and armor, and fight a bit (It doesn't even need to be too much) the duelists make most fights much faster, at the cost of you dealing with nightmares and dealing some damage yourself.
To be honest, it's not so bad right now. The most I'd do is to increase the tiers damage a bit, so bone tier is the best, but its not that far from shadow tier.

9 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

but if they boost them, maxwell becomes just an AFK-er.

But that's what people want, those who don't want to, just join the fight or don't play Maxwell, simple, nobody is forced to anything in this game, each one plays the way they want.

31 minutes ago, SullyD said:

But that's what people want, those who don't want to, just join the fight or don't play Maxwell, simple, nobody is forced to anything in this game, each one plays the way they want.

People want a lot of things it doesn't mean they should happen Maxwell should not become completely unbalanced just because.

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

lets make the game a faceroll because some characters are stronger

when wes op?

wanda is OP, that is an fact
wes is weak by choice, he is the "hard mode after all" if you wanna a harder game play him 
i dont totally agree with the above arguments but yours really is totally wrong

when wes op?

yes, lets make the character designed to be the a challenge be op

and then we can make the character that was the king of the world the weakest :D

last update maxwell was justified as he was

9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

when wes op?

33 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

People want a lot of things it doesn't mean they should happen Maxwell should not become completely unbalanced just because.

why i dont see you guys asking for NEEDED FIXES on servants too, i only see both of you telling maxwell is too strong dont buff or maxwell should be nerfed in certain point...

1 hour ago, SullyD said:

真的是论坛上玩麦克斯韦的人都在说,其他人就是想削弱它,玩法变得枯燥乏味,尤其是被限制在同一个装备下,悲哀。

I have played every character in this game for a long time.I like them all.But current verson of maxwell is not nearly as good as i had hoped

11 minutes ago, edulopes said:

last update maxwell was justified as he was

why i dont see you guys asking for NEEDED FIXES on servants too, i only see both of you telling maxwell is too strong dont buff or maxwell should be nerfed in certain point...

you never saw me asking for nerfs for maxwell. Every suggestion about fixing things has my like but i dont like the "pLS kLeI mAKe hIm OP cUZ pOTaTo" because i dont like op things in video games and i dont see the fun of it (there is console commands, mods and character mods for those who want 1shotting everything without losing hp). We have many strong characters and many other that makes survival really easy, i prefer complex characters even if those are strong (but not op)

dont lie pls

12 minutes ago, dois raios said:

yes, lets make the character designed to be the a challenge be op

and then we can make the character that was the king of the world the weakest :D

i never read a single suggestion asking for max to be weak but keep your bias

making wes op makes the same sense that making max op cuz there are stronger characters

already tired of "he was the king". He was nothing but a puppet

image.png.0341a2af9a1c2260c6116f8f30667bca.png

what a mighty, powerfull demigod. I can feel how powerful is thsi almost death trapped old man has by just looking at him. Is over 9000

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you never saw me asking for nerfs for maxwell. Every suggestion about fixing things has my like but i dont like the "pLS kLeI mAKe hIm OP cUZ pOTaTo" because i dont like op things in video games and i dont see the fun of it (there is console commands, mods and character mods for those who want 1shotting everything without losing hp). We have many strong characters and many other that makes survival really easy, i prefer complex characters even if those are strong (but not op)

dont lie pls

sorry wrong person i got you confused, but misterious box jesus, he is an rock head one

the guy i wanted had an troll face, but i dont know why i remembered him as you

dont lie pls

i never read a single suggestion asking for max to be weak but keep your bias

making wes op makes the same sense that making max op cuz there are stronger characters

already tired of "he was the king". He was nothing but a puppet

image.png.0341a2af9a1c2260c6116f8f30667bca.png

what a mighty, powerfull demigod. I can feel how powerful is thsi almost death trapped old man has by just looking at him. Is over 9000

edit: by your own logic wanda should be x1000 times stronger than max. Max is just a pathetic nerd fooled by the shadows while wanda is someone who tricked and used them and lived many lives. She killed that many  Deerclops that her quote is about being tired of him and has already killed CC in the past

and there is wortox which isnt a top character but lorewise should be one of the strongest if not the stronger. But you know? he shouldnt because is a videogame and fun comes first

3 minutes ago, edulopes said:

sorry wrong person i got you confused, but misterious box jesus, he is an rock head one

the guy i wanted had an troll face, but i dont know why i remembered him as you

happens. Im agaisnt max being op but not against his current state, his previous state (previous beta patch) or minor improvements

my character pool isnt that big cuz i get bored if the game become a cakewalk (my fault for having that much hours) so i share my thoughs

edit: also you wont see me commenting about numbers cuz i dont have that much time to try. I played for a while a liked a lot how deep is his gameplay, i let the balance for people who is actually playing and klei who knows better most of the time. But i wont support comments like "he should be op cuz king/wanda/whatever" or comments complaining about not being able to afk watch duelist killing bosses for free and other stuff that i have read these days in the forum

27 minutes ago, dois raios said:

wolfang and wanda nerf when?

Wolfgang does high damage

Maxwell does high damage, is the best gatherer character, and has crowd control abilities

17 minutes ago, edulopes said:

On 11/7/2022 at 5:23 PM, Mysterious box said:

I feel like Maxwell is in a good state as he stands so if neither of these happen I don't really see any harm but I figured I'd say them.

1. Shadow Servants should deliver items they're holding to Maxwell even if he's standing outside of their range of activity circle.

2. I can't help feeling shadow pillars are cheesy against bosses but rather than outright removing their interaction I feel like it should drain more durability from the codex when using pillars on them.

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

happens. Im agaisnt max being op but not against his current state, his previous state (previous beta patch) or minor improvements

my character pool isnt that big cuz i get bored if the game become a cakewalk (my fault for having that much hours) so i share my thoughs

one thing i am strangely diferent from most maxwell mains, i see that you should be rewarded for figting toghether and not from a far

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

1. Shadow Servants should deliver items they're holding to Maxwell even if he's standing outside of their range of activity circle.

this change , is problematic, best is to them placing it directly on the box, because how far will the shadows fdllow maxwell, where will they go? will they be afraid and get lost?

Just now, edulopes said:

one thing i am strangely diferent from most maxwell mains, i see that you should be rewarded for figting toghether and not from a far

i dont mind if klei wants to release some kind of "distand mage summoner" choice but not a dumb one. Some people want to afk like they do with abi farming spiders...(and there is that video of someone having problems killing a tier3 spider nest and blaming max xDDD). Choices are good but facerollig is boring,sure is funny to see it but after 1 or 2 times for being something different or so "unbalanced" that is hilarious but after few time you get bored because there arent any emotion while doing it

is like when playing GTA vice city using cheats. Sure is fun to get a tank and faceroll but you dont play like that usually, just when you want to make silly things for a while

unless someone has some effort-reward problem which is something that is being common lately with phone games, tik tok, youtube shorts, asian arpgs, etc. Our brains are lazy and will always prioritize rewards over effort but that isnt good in the long therm

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Figured I'd add the only "nerf" I asked for on Maxwell was a fix to his shadow prison which is more of a exploit than anything but yea I'm just throwing nerf suggestions left and right I guess.

that isnt even a nerf. DF getting blue screen in her AI is a bug that should be fixed

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Figured I'd add the only "nerf" I asked for on Maxwell was a fix to his shadow prison which is more of a exploit than anything but yea I'm just throwing nerf suggestions left and right I guess.

well we had some hot discussions on those days... both sides have a lot on each other

the problem is even i am against some interactions with shadow prision, But every time somone says previous maxwell is more justified, you are against, or sugests an buff.

7 minutes ago, edulopes said:

this change , is problematic, best is to them placing it directly on the box, because how far will the shadows fdllow maxwell, where will they go? will they be afraid and get lost?

i think their inventory should be linked to the shadow inventory. Makes sense and saves time

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that isnt even a nerf. DF getting blue screen in her AI is a bug that should be fixed

Honestly the whole discussion surrounding Maxwell is completely baffling to me fixing a exploit is considered demanding nerfs, balance shouldn't matter, and Maxwell deservers to be the best at everything apparently is what I've taken away from this rework. 

Archived