some suggestion about maxwell

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

(and there is that video of someone having problems killing a tier3 spider nest and blaming max xDDD

well tellig the truth is abnoxious dealing with those things, i wanted to the duellists agrro on a bunnyman, all the village aggroed on me, and the second time they didnt, it isnt just consistent, ( and both times they did the dash)

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that isnt even a nerf. DF getting blue screen in her AI is a bug that should be fixed

that's about time

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Because Maxwell deserves to be even stronger just because is what basically every suggestion seems to boil down to with no real backing behind it.

maxwell dont need to be stronger as i said once, but the tophat sword and dark armor 60 damage one was almost perfect

Just now, edulopes said:

maxwell dont need to be stronger as i said once, but the tophat sword and dark armor 60 damage one was almost perfect

not more stronger than that

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The problem is that if they nerf the duelists, they become obsolete again, but if they boost them, maxwell becomes just an AFK-er.

From what I've tested if you have "at least" shadow manipulator weapons and armor, and fight a bit (It doesn't even need to be too much) the duelists make most fights much faster, at the cost of you dealing with nightmares and dealing some damage yourself.
To be honest, it's not so bad right now. The most I'd do is to increase the tiers damage a bit, so bone tier is the best, but its not that far from shadow tier.

I made a suggestion a while back that it would be useful and wouldn't bring the mencanica afk entirely, I particularly don't see a big problem with duelists killing bosses while maxwell stays at a distance as long as it's slower and more expensive than maxwell fighting directly and i believe this is the way to go, let people choose if they want to fight maxwell's boss for a cheaper and faster fight or let them just use duelists for a safer but longer and more expensive fight.
Particularly I would still like the bosses to give 1 hit to the duelists, it would still be completely doable for the 2 mechanics with duelists taking a hit but I made my suggestion thinking about pleasing as many people as possible while still keeping it balanced.
take a look, I think this can be the way to go and everyone will be happy.

1 minute ago, King Maxwell said:

I made a suggestion a while back that it would be useful and wouldn't bring the mencanica afk entirely, I particularly don't see a big problem with duelists killing bosses while maxwell stays at a distance as long as it's slower and more expensive than maxwell fighting directly and i believe this is the way to go, let people choose if they want to fight maxwell's boss for a cheaper and faster fight or let them just use duelists for a safer but longer and more expensive fight.
Particularly I would still like the bosses to give 1 hit to the duelists, it would still be completely doable for the 2 mechanics with duelists taking a hit but I made my suggestion thinking about pleasing as many people as possible while still keeping it balanced.
take a look, I think this can be the way to go and everyone will be happy.

i saw that one, well at this point i am taking any buff i can get 

17 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Wolfgang does high damage

Maxwell does high damage, is the best gatherer character, and has crowd control abilities

Wolfgang has also abilities to gather. Cut down trees,move statues and break stones faster while state of power.Maxwell doesnot even have half of the health he does

10 minutes ago, just passingby said:

Wolfgang has also abilities to gather. Cut down trees,move statues and break stones faster while state of power.Maxwell doesnot even have half of the health he does

Wolfgang's gathering abilities are only slightly better than characters without them

and while Maxwell doesn't even have half his hp he's got damage, top class gathering with followers who are the only ones in the game who can pick up resources, pocket storage, cc, passive sanity regen, and no passive sanity drain from dark swords and night armor which mind you night armor gives you the highest damage reduction in the game meaning his hp is a lot higher than it seems. I can't wrap my head around the idea that Maxwell somehow doesn't compare to Wolfgang.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Wolfgang's gathering abilities are only slightly better than characters without them

and while Maxwell doesn't even have half his hp he's got damage, top class gathering with followers who are the only ones in the game who can pick up resources, pocket storage, cc, passive sanity regen, and no passive sanity drain from dark swords and night armor which mind you night armor gives you the highest damage reduction in the game meaning his hp is a lot higher than it seems.

These are just the characteristics that everyone has.Wolfgang is the only one who can equip armour of marble without being slower.I didnot mean to campare them who is stronger.

1 minute ago, just passingby said:

These are just the characteristics that everyone has.Wolfgang is the only one who can equip armour of marble without being slower.I didnot mean to campare them who is stronger.

Maxwell is one of the only ones who can equip dark swords and night armor without losing sanity passively, he's also the only one who can bind enemies, he's one of the only ones who can panic enemies as well but his version doesn't require filling a meter.

My point was Maxwell has the best overall advantages while being near or at the highest in his categories he's one of the strongest overall characters as of this refresh but people keep trying to present him as though he's inferior to some other character for some baffling reason.

If Klei hopes that maxwell will incur hatred, he can greatly reduce the influence range of equipment; If Klei wants Maxwell to watch the battle from a distance, he can directly cancel the hatred. The current version makes me wonder what the purpose of klei is

另外,居然遇到中国人了

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

麦克斯韦是唯一一个可以装备暗黑剑和暗夜盔甲而不会被动失去理智的人,他也是唯一一个可以束缚敌人的人,他也是唯一一个可以恐慌敌人但他的版本不需要填充的人一米。

我的观点是,麦克斯韦具有最佳的整体优势,同时在他的类别中接近或处于最高水平,他是本次更新中最强大的整体角色之一,但人们一直试图呈现他,就好像他出于某种莫名其妙的原因不如其他角色。

Wigfrid can panic small creatures as well.You can use her ability to beat beequeen with good armors.Wickbottom and let enemies sleep.After all dst is not a competitive game.It is pointless to always compare strengths and weaknesses between survivors

8 minutes ago, whiteking said:

If Klei hopes that maxwell will incur hatred, he can greatly reduce the influence range of equipment; If Klei wants Maxwell to watch the battle from a distance, he can directly cancel the hatred. The current version makes me wonder what the purpose of klei is

另外,居然遇到中国人了

确实,清个远古像是坐牢

28 minutes ago, just passingby said:

Wigfrid can panic small creatures as well.

37 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

he's one of the only ones who can panic enemies as well but his version doesn't require filling a meter.

29 minutes ago, just passingby said:

Wickbottom and let enemies sleep

but they wake up if you hit them.

30 minutes ago, just passingby said:

After all dst is not a competitive game.It is pointless to always compare strengths and weaknesses between survivors

True but people keep bringing up Wolfgang and Wanda as reasons why Maxwell should be buffed so I figured comparisons were necessary that being said just because it isn't a competitive game doesn't mean balance doesn't matter it'd be like saying a fishing rod is ok doing max damage since it's not pvp.

10 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

but they wake up if you hit them.

True but people keep bringing up Wolfgang and Wanda as reasons why Maxwell should be buffed so I figured comparisons were necessary that being said just because it isn't a competitive game doesn't mean balance doesn't matter it'd be like saying a fishing rod is ok doing max damage since it's not pvp.

okay,i like all these characters.But i think it would be good for most players to strengthen him like this.

Archived