Maxwell after the recent update

In order for servants to get higher damage, I have to equip shadow gear, but after I summon 5 servants, my san is only 50 points, but once I get attacked, I will lose 9 points of san due to equipping shadow gear. if it is multiple damage,  soon I will be attacked by Shadow Creatures, when I face the boss, I basically can not be hit once. And servants are now very fragile, easy to die and can not restore HP, if I am too far away they can only cause poor damage. And now the hatred problem is all focused on maxwell, servants attack all attributed to his responsibility. It's too bad that the chaos keeps coming up, I can now only walk away and watch my servents die.

Honestly, maxwell failed again.

I didn't even enjoy the last update. And don't let maxwell become the poor lumberjack he used to be.

8 hours ago, Thrul said:

You can't have an OP attack without a low defense, if you can't take a skill character then GG your out

Let's talk about wolfgang and wanda's OP attack? walt's army? wendy's sister? What do you mean why OP attacks need low defense?

7 hours ago, Cheggf said:

If you're getting hit too much and having sanity issues don't wear night armor. You can still have 6 basically free minions dealing 40\60 damage without the suit.

yeah, say it as if you can handle all situations without a little damage, SAN and damage decay and hate is now maxwell's problem, and you pretend not to see anything just say here is my problem. Don't be replying, you're like a wes who doesn't play maxwell.

2 hours ago, Loonytoony said:

Just don't wear night armor or just use something else like a dark sword to get a similar effect.

So why do they need rework? Things haven't changed at all.

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you have to choose. You cant ask for having top damage for free...

There is always a free way to find the highest damage on other characters.

I dont understand why people are forcing on his duelist comparing them to all fighter characters or Catapult and Abigail. 

Maxwell is a gatherer at heart and the duelist are just a little part of his whole character. I have mained Maxwell for 3 years and I can say during that time I have RARELY used the duelist and now we have something that can actually kill low lvl mobs and help fight big bosses. Is sounds so good to me.

I'll still be playing Maxwell the same (a gatherer) but it feels so good to have an option to get a helping hand to fight with.

1 hour ago, SullyD said:

I will post it again here...

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Don't people cry over Abigail? It must be because she is many people's favorite character.

In a few updates they've been taking away the mobbing strength of duelists and increasing their strength against bosses so it's an unfair comparison.

16 minutes ago, King Maxwell said:

In a few updates they've been taking away the mobbing strength of duelists and increasing their strength against bosses so it's an unfair comparison.

It is not, because people say that being AFK is a bad thing and aggro on Maxwell is a good thing, Abigail is an example, that's all.

3 hours ago, Jorsef said:

Just don't wear night armor or just use something else like a dark sword to get a similar effect.

So why do they need rework? Things haven't changed at all.

I wasn't asking for them to have a rework? I just said if you had troubles with the night armor's sanity drain after getting hit then use something else that doesn't have that downside but achieves a similar effect. 

1 hour ago, SullyD said:

It is not, because people say that being AFK is a bad thing and aggro on Maxwell is a good thing, Abigail is an example, that's all.

they're not even in the same niche so why are you comparing them in the first place.

3 hours ago, SullyD said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Don't people cry over Abigail? It must be because she is many people's favorite character.

You compare a character that's suppose to excel against groups against the one that does single target damage what did you expect to happen.

10 hours ago, SullyD said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

Now do abigail and wendy vs toadstool compared with duelists and maxwell vs toadstool, both with maxed out gear. Lets see which character wins that. Killing 1000000 spiders isn't as useful as maxwell rapidly clearing forests and rock biomes without ever having to craft a single tool from day 1.

And Maxwell has krampus sack storage with magicians hat that stacks with regular chester and backpack.

And maxwell has prison spell.

And maxwell doesn't have a negative damage penality... which makes fighting shadows or rooks or any AoE boss annoying as wendy.

Wendys claim to fame is being able to rush bee queen easily...... big woop! Winona does it better with more permanent catapults that can help other players rekill bee queen even after you leave the server, if you care for op-ness, efficiency and teamplay then wendy is nowhere near the strongest character for experienced players.

The new Maxwell however is shaping up to be one of the strongest jack of all trade characters in the game. Very good basebuilder, check!.... high dps for bosses if you got the skill, check! 

He beats out Wanda and Wolfgang for overall, across the board, usefulness from early game day 1 to atleast start of the second year. Which is like 9hrs of gameplay.... 

Archived