Im not normally the guy to suggest buffs but…

2 hours ago, Copyafriend said:

Im saying fix the bosses specifically. We shouldn’t be able to tuen a boss off, i didnt realize that was such a hot take. Like literally the three or four bosses this breaks entirely, fix THAT. Nothing else. Deerclops, bearger, bee queen, literally anyone but the bosses who cant fight back if they cant move. Its not even a nerf really its a bug fix

It really shouldn't be it's basically feels like playing god mode.

2 hours ago, maradyne said:

It would be nice if bosses would deal damage to the pillars corresponding to how much space they attempt to move when bound.

I dont think that making pillars take damage is a good solution. Just cut the trap time for bosses, and make the few of them that get full on cheezed immune to it. Ez.

4 hours ago, Copyafriend said:

Hey look a SECOND exploit that should be patched out

on a more serious note: this is quite literally an exploit, its fine that this exists, but official abilities of character should not be able to perform the function of a literal exploit

I've known about this since CC got added to the game and I've yet to use it once because you can literally just hold one button to escape that attack, literally any speed boost lets you outrun it

this isn't fuelweaver's shadow hands we're talking about, it's just a basic attack

6 hours ago, Copyafriend said:

Im saying fix the bosses specifically. We shouldn’t be able to tuen a boss off, i didnt realize that was such a hot take. Like literally the three or four bosses this breaks entirely, fix THAT. Nothing else. Deerclops, bearger, bee queen, literally anyone but the bosses who cant fight back if they cant move. Its not even a nerf really its a bug fix

So you have literally never played any other game with a Crowd Control effect? It is doing exactly what it SHOULD be doing.. the only real problem with it is that it appears to be infinitely spamable, whilst in other games Crowd Control Abilities go on a Cooldown timer, even if that timer is only like 7 seconds- it makes a difference.

During your abilities downtime/summoning  time you’ll need to fight the Normal way, but as soon as the ability recharges you can CC lock the enemy in place again.

This includes rendering the enemy completely vulnerable so it can’t Move or Attack.

Give me a few minutes and I’ll find some gameplay gifs of hard CC to explain-

Maya Borderlands 2, the little Cat you start as in Gunfire Reborn, Nox from Smite.

The pillars are doing their intended job by holding enemies in place, rendering their attacks useless, AND by the pillars not being able to be destroyed.

Its not a glitch, nor is it an Exploit- it’s just a concept that is so new for DST that it feels “cheaty” to you.

Here’s a Gif of what Maya did in Borderlands 2.

05126F9C-B13A-47B7-988F-EFCE199972F7.gif.65af14978a759933f9aec005c0aab5fe.gif

Literally lifts the enemy of the ground, contains them in a bubble as a Mid-Air loot Piñata 

Instead of nerfing the pillars against bosses, give the affected bosses an ability to attack while stuck. For example dragonfly could be changed in this way: if she can't spawn lavae in a certain period of time for whatever reason, she stops trying and becomes enraged as if the lavae were killed - this would keep pillars useful against her as you won't need to deal with the lavae (or wait behind walls, by the way why does no one complain about the wall cheese that any character can do?), but she would still be dangerous. The charging enemies should damage you even if stuck like rooks and ancient guardian do already.

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Dude? Yes i have played a game with crowd control effedts before, i cant tell if you’re being passive aggressive or genuinely trying to be helpful.

yes, crowd control abilities do SOMETIMES have the ability to render the enemy targeted by them helpless. Warframe (a game i have over 1000 hours in) has MANY examples of soft and hard crowd control, of which max has both. You can create an aoe that lifts enemies into the air rendering them completely helpless.

And this works great on regular enemies,

but it isn’t allowed to work on bosses at all.

Minibosses? Mixed bag, some it can, some it cant. But theres an important factor in why maxwell shouldn’t be allowed to completely turn off a boss.

disabling enemy attacks is NOT an ability he has.

rhe ability is meant to pin enemies in place, thats great its crowd control. But the enemies pinned down ARE MEANT to fight back. They can still attack the player, it doesn’t disable their attack too like in the video shown, they aren’t helpless they just cant chase you.

Every boss that doesnt RELY on movement alone for their abilities will still attack you with their normal melee attack. I didnt say anything about chargy mcchargeface down in the labyrinth, because he can still attack you in othee ways, even though its a charge attack. 

now you are 100% correct, in saying a cooldown WOULD fix this, and i would shut up immediately if it were implemented, because i dont care even a little bit if the boss is TEMPORARILY disabled even half the time, itd be VERY powerful still, but hey its not an instant win button. 

but a cooldown is a WAY stronger nerf than making certain bosses immune or able to break out after a time, or something to that effect. Heck one of my replies for solving the dragonfly problem was her skipping the spawning phase and just enraging if she can’t reach the magma pools. 

That nerf (if it was a cooldown for reference) means that you couldn’t have 100% uptime on the cage for non bosses either. Unless the boss THEMSELVES could become immune to the cage for a certain amount of time, and that answer is more or less exactly what ive been teyint to spell out.

19 hours ago, dois raios said:

dst lacks in crowd control, and when klei finally gives a solid step on it, some people didnt like it, i feel bad.

i hope klei finally start giving attention to crowd control mechanics for now on, every crowd control in the game dont work properly, you want to freeze the enemy? it gets freeze resistance. You want to put the enemy on fire? you will lose the loot and it will spread fire in the world. You put the enemies to sleep? they get resistant too, and if they have herd behavior, all wake up at the same time. And it goes one on the list, now we finally have the first decent crowd control in the game, this opens a precedent to klei finally change the others crowd controls mechanics in-game.

Yes, agreed. I made a post earlier complaining about combat, and how little ways there are to engage mobs and bosses with crowd control was a key point. I directly mentioned what made forge combat so fun was the ability to crowd control in various ways, and everyone still gave me flak for suggesting it. Now we have a max spell that is literally a love child of the Forge Petrifaction juggling, with a fairly hard to execute tactical area of effect spell, and I absolutely love it. It's not so busted that it literally shuts down most bosses (we've had sleep as the only crowd control since the dawn of time now with panflute and wicker books, you know, that mechanic that deletes the main challenge of dragonfly and twins and everyone is fine with that.)

I'm really excited to see shadow prison in play. I know a lot of people are apprehensive, but I think with time, just like all these reworks klei gives us, it'll be accepted.

Or just something you grimace at worst case scenario, in which case join my grimacing club, where I frown whenever I see a wortox teleport across the map effortlessly.. lol

Buff range is doubled and it seems fine to me. Everything else is good suggestions.

Except for the nerf. Dragonfly is stupit it's not cages fault, twins can be neutralized with flutes/books/ice staff, celestial's spin attack isn't even a big deal just move away from him when he is about to do it.

Archived