Erny's little corner

Hi, my previos post was archived cause I didnt update it often enough, mostly family issues and mental ones, anyways.

Now i updated my mods and ill be working on resuming a plants mod and then some rework of my previous mods.

For now this dude is on the working table:

image.png.31b082c620c4aa1a69896869975125af.png

Its a drakes fruit, and it still on the art stage, opinion about the art?

21 hours ago, erny0507 said:

Should i release on each plant or wait for a batch and then release?

It's up to you, but I'd say if you know you will have more plants soon, just wait a little and release all of them. But then nothing stops you from adding more plants later if you got a good idea for them

13 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Will the part inside of the "cage" glow, when its matured?

No, im not sure how to achieve that, but so far no, it would be neat, like sort of little lamp.

Here the animation for the grow:

image.gif.d33f4cd386043fede5c351aa53e1712b.gif

The fruit:

image.png.82a0c48918d3f4d25214609adc3ee573.png

The seed:

image.png.05f3c50f3262ea5056d57bd19f4743e3.png

On 10/31/2022 at 7:51 AM, the adir842 said:

hey Erny
i heard you are updating your hatch mod, is there any way i would be able to help other then coding? (because currently i'm not very good at it)

Hi Adir!, and just give your feedback, your ideas for the rework, thats more then enough.

alright, reworking the hatches
diamond hatch is good enought, no change needed, it's not a super important guy but noticable enough to be good maybe you can make it that he gives less decor but eeehh idc

floral hatch, seems like you had a lot of problems with this one and it's necter am i right? xD.
so here is my idea, make it eat organic plants, seeds and/or a small amount firtilizer to produce seeds and floral sent; everything will produce the sent but eating plants would have a 95% chance to drop the seed of the plants it ate with a 5% chance to drop two seeds rather then one, but in order for a floral hatch to live it would need a good amount of light (like britssel blossom) this will allow for a way to farm every plant in the game (currently not possible especially for decor plants) and a method to boost moral.

last one on the list is lumber hatch right? i like the way you were going for it, but what does it do when eating sand and dirt? you never said anything about it, so changes:
eating dirt will produce firtilizer
eating sand will clean P02
eating clay will produce ethanol
and eating lumber would produce dirt

lastly i had an idea for a hatch but due to everything around the idea (it being a hatch, the fact that this mod always has 3 T3 hatches + 1 from base = 4 T3 hatches and the fact that there is a hatch in base game which already took the name made me say i will just post it here and hear your opinion)

stone hatch (need a better name, was thinking erotion hatch) is a variant of a hatch which comes from a stone hatch eating crushed rocks
it's useage is to transform one form of the rock cycle to another (igneous rocks into sedementary rocks into mafic rock back to igneous rock) with granite and obsidian both turning itno sandstone but sandstone turns to both at a 50/50 rate (everything else is 100% mass conversion) is this too confusing or do you understand what i'm going for here?

I posted my proposition for changes here: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1843550325/3471738893388144663/

But basically is this:

Floral hatch output to just Slime.
Wooden hatch output to just Ethanol.

I think i made the floral hatch eat seeds so we agree on that one, if not, ill added it. The idea is to simplify most of the outputs to help with balance, also give space for more morphs in the future, not exactly hatches, but having a single critter having dynamic output, it breaks the rule which most hatches follow, which is solid stuff is eaten and different but asociated solid stuff comes out. Im still struggling with wooden hatch output so Fertilizer is a doable option, cause the ethanol is liquid and it would break the rule. 

So wooden hatch to Fertilizer is i think a better option.

The new hatch you propose, name i propose would be crusher hatch, though some parts are really confusing, and i think the fact it can make one element back and forth is a bit breaking rules and bit unnecesary, that complicates things too much. I think you can work with a reskin of the stone hatch for starters and go from there, maybe color swap at start.

floral hatch will just produce slime now? does the slime has slime lung or not (i would prefare not to mess with slimelung)?
so wood hatch produces a liquid? how would it work does it just produce the liquid and leave it on the floor or does it released in a bottle or smth (and the rule of solid products what about it?)

also ya i feel like i have been going too far with these hatchs as well (the length of the comment tells as much xD)
as for the crusher hatch, no need to do anything, just wanted to hear your opinion

15 hours ago, the adir842 said:

floral hatch will just produce slime now? does the slime has slime lung or not (i would prefare not to mess with slimelung)?
so wood hatch produces a liquid? how would it work does it just produce the liquid and leave it on the floor or does it released in a bottle or smth (and the rule of solid products what about it?)

also ya i feel like i have been going too far with these hatchs as well (the length of the comment tells as much xD)
as for the crusher hatch, no need to do anything, just wanted to hear your opinion

Yeah, just produce slime, its usable for cultivation, can be further used to produce algae and generate oxygen, so its useful and much simple to deal with pufts but i think the returning rate should lower, pufts do about 95% so lets do like 50%, so it doesnt outright remove the puft as a viable option. Since puft produces slimelung i guess floral hatch should too.

For wooden seems like fertelizer is the better option, so lets go with that.

if I remember correctly. since 18, there has been an uncorrected bug, regardless of what is prescribed in the diet, any creatures produce excrement without germs.
if you want to add a creature that produces germs, you'll need a patch like this:

[HarmonyPatch(typeof(Diet.Info), MethodType.Constructor)]
[HarmonyPatch(new Type[] { typeof(HashSet<Tag>), typeof(Tag), typeof(float), typeof(float), typeof(string), typeof(float), typeof(bool), typeof(bool) } )]
private static class Patch
{
  private static void Postfix (Diet.Info __instance, float disease_per_kg_produced)
  {
    Traverse.Create(__instance).Property(nameof(Diet.Info.diseasePerKgProduced)).SetValue(disease_per_kg_produced);
  }
}