Lesson Learned Monkey Pirates Boarding Ship At Night

I didn't expect them so close to the shoreline, was wearing a miners hat and sailing peacefully when I heard the sound signaling their arrival.  Panicked and watched them savage the ship, destroy two sails and take the entire contents of my chest.   It was all over in 30 seconds.

What should I have done?   Used the Pan flute, wait until dawn and then massacre the lot.  Annoying.

Question, is everything lost or is it on the island somewhere now?

1 hour ago, Mencken said:

It's buried. You can find the X marks the spot randomly in the world, but killing another crew's Prime Mate will grant you a map with a location.
Any loot dropped into the water that wasn't picked up by them is still in the water where you left it.

3 hours ago, Mencken said:

What should I have done?

Monkeys prioritize bananas over your items, once they see one they take it and leave, so you could carry some bananas with you and drop just one when they spawn, this will save you some trouble.

As for the sails, it seems they will only destroy them when they are open, so you could just drop the banana to save them or close the sail and surrender all your positions to the chaotic monarchy of Moon Quay.

3 hours ago, Mencken said:

You can farm pirates with the hostile flare so you have a map for everytime they steal your stuff.

Archived