3 Little QoL Suggestions

-Crafting Feather Pencils could give the player multiple (maybe 2 or 4) pencils per craft.
Aside from a few character-exclusive recipes, Feather Pencils are primarily used for mini signs, of which you get 4 per craft. Those are purely cosmetical so having this change would speed things up for making neat signs.

-Warly could examine Crock Pot dishes to show the player if his memory cooldown is ongoing for that dish.
Maybe a unique examination quote could replace / be added to his examination line for the said item.

-A specific way to increase odds of encountering an Ewecus, similarly to finding Volt Goats in Oasis during spring thunderstorms.
I don't have a good suggestion as to what this could be, however as it currently stands, Steel Wool is purely luck-dependant to get in a reasonable time frame. Also, Ewecus doesn't even drop the amount of wool required to craft the War Saddle, which means you'll most likely have to find another Ewecus again. Having a more reliable way to find Ewecus would greatly help us Beefalo-lovers make brushes and saddles :)

3 minutes ago, Owlrust said:

I would love for the player to know when Warly has forgotten a fish, be it a quote, item like a kitchen timer, or something else. Would be very helpful.

He can ask wurt, she knows everything about fishes. :)

3 hours ago, Milordo said:

I don't know about increasing odds of encountering an Ewecus, since I always encounter a lot of them, but apart this all the rest is top notch :encouragement:

I'm not suggesting a simple increase Ewecus odds in all hunts; I request that the player could partake in a specific action/situation that could increase the chance to encounter one (so people who want to hunt regularly wouldn't be interrupted by this)

6 hours ago, Darkcape said:

-Crafting Feather Pencils could give the player multiple (maybe 2 or 4) pencils per craft.
Aside from a few character-exclusive recipes, Feather Pencils are primarily used for mini signs, of which you get 4 per craft. Those are purely cosmetical so having this change would speed things up for making neat signs.

I think instead of this they should give a feather pencil durability (10 uses) and doesn't stack. That way the recipe won't be weird with only using 1 feather but magically ending up with multiple feathered pencils and also would allow using it multiple times.

the feather pencil isn't really an amazing item or tool even so giving it 10 uses is fine it won't break the game if you can draw on more minisigns

6 hours ago, Darkcape said:

-A specific way to increase odds of encountering an Ewecus, similarly to finding Volt Goats in Oasis during spring thunderstorms.
I don't have a good suggestion as to what this could be, however as it currently stands, Steel Wool is purely luck-dependant to get in a reasonable time frame. Also, Ewecus doesn't even drop the amount of wool required to craft the War Saddle, which means you'll most likely have to find another Ewecus again. Having a more reliable way to find Ewecus would greatly help us Beefalo-lovers make brushes and saddles :)

This one right here has some potencial, some general tweaks for the hunting mechanic, like crafting special essences to increase the rate of either finding Vargs or Ewecus, maybe even adding some new hunting creatures, for them to have their own essences.

Feather pencil should accept any color feather, that would be a massive QOL for me.

Would it make the game easier? Well uhh yes but.. I’m hoping Klei has some new content/world settings that tackle that issue later.

Right now.. please just make feather pencils accept any type of feather :love_heart:

On 10/8/2022 at 10:12 PM, Darkcape said:

-Warly could examine Crock Pot dishes to show the player if his memory cooldown is ongoing for that dish.
Maybe a unique examination quote could replace / be added to his examination line for the said item.

now your wish is true.

Archived