Thick Fur is Useless. Worst drop from bosses...

Thick Fur is Useless. Realy! Thick Fur is one of the all item drops from bosses which u never use. There is a lot not very helpfull loot in game but some of them can be eaten, such as Guardian Horn and Deerclops Eyeball. Even loot from spider queen can be deconsructed for resourses. Both items crafted from Thick Fur is not so good. Hibearnation Vest good but in late game useless. Because u always wanna Krampus Sack put on chest slot. Insulated Pack has not easy craft and u receive same slot backpack but its work like icebox. And ice chester better, because he have 8 EXTRA slots and store ur food longer (8 becose 9 - 1 slot for Eye Bone). Well its realy wick for drop from autumn boss at 70+ days of gameplay. We already have 6 slots Warly backpack, 8 slots backpack, 12 slots piggyback which slow u, and Krampus Sack witch hard to get. Why we havent 10 slots backpack yet? My suggestion is change Insulated Pack to the 10 slots. And everybody will craft it after 1st autumn. I know that it was 6 slot and was buffed after Warly relize. But it still useles. Let me what u think about it.
PS. Sorry for my awful english. I only learned it at school.

11 hours ago, sanchuk11 said:

PS. Sorry for my awful english. I only learned it at school.

Your English is good. A lot better & developed than even some native speakers I know of...

And ice chester better, because he have 8 EXTRA slots and store ur food longer (8 becose 9 - 1 slot for Eye Bone).

Only one player can really have good access to Ice Chester while traveling, and even then, he comes with the risk of dying (and losing the ability of ice chester when he respawns until you transform him again)

The insulated pack, if you have no access to others at the time, is a direct upgrade from the backpack, however. Even if you're not constantly using its function, you'll not have any worse of a time using it than not. On younger servers or servers with lots of players, it'll still keep its uses. It's also great for holding a ham bat in it!

Hibearnation Vest good but in late game useless. Because u always wanna Krampus Sack put on chest slot.

It's really niche, and it's more of an issue of body-slot items as a whole. The inventory management given by backpacks dwarfs nearly any other function you can get from a body slot item, unless it's a few, usually temporary cases (Magiluminescence/armor) Because resource management and collection is so integral to the general game, the extra storage beats out extra insulation, sanity gain, & even lessened hunger drain 9 times out of 10.

Eventually maybe we'll have some bear turfs that would either reduce hunger drain or retain warmth during winter and spring. That or something else. There's not much use of it despite how renewable it may be. Scales at least give the option to make chests, furnaces and floorings and those do well (despite the lack of safe use for scaled armor due to the extreme cost it has)

hibernation vest is 100% useless... because no one wants the min inventory, a reason why many chest items go unused, especially clothing, I only ever wear backpacks, and rarely armor in that spot when fighting bosses, Inventory is always a big issue for me, I always want to pick up everything I see. I like the insulation pack, because I can have food last longer, without worrying that ice Chester will die... and since I play as Wurt, and live around merms, this is a genuine concern, as the merms are aggressive towards Chester when the eyebone is dropped, even for dc. Chester cannot go into the caves either, meaning that there is no preservation for lightbulbs, bananas, glowberries, or lichen and morsels that are found while exploring the ruins and whatnot. While the pack is unable to cool a thermal stone, and doesn't have the same inventory capacity as the krampus sack, or the piggy back, it is much easier to obtain than a krampus sack for me, because there is a 100% chance of getting a thick fur when bearger dies every single year, if she dies. And at the end of the day, what backpack you choose to use, or if you choose not to use one in favor of other chest items is a matter of preference. I don't like going slowly, so I don't use the piggyback, I enjoy the preservation and flexibility of using the insulation pack, and depending on the situation might use it over the krampus sack. That being said, it would be nice if there were more crafting recipes like Frosty said, a turf option would be very nice for the thick fur, and a winter insulation effect would be very nice

I don't like to use a backpack, with the exceptions of the firsts days of the world and going to the ruins for loot, I prefer wearing clothing or armor, the only backpack that I like to use is the insulated pack because it makes the food last longer and also the animals that are alive last longer too, it's perfect because I like to use lightbugs as my resource of light. BTW the Krampus sack is REALLY overrated, it's just more inventory for people with inventory management issues, you can just leave items that you will not use in base. Half of the rollbacks in the worlds I played were because someone with Krampus sack died and lost his sack with a ton of items in it. About the hibernation vest is good but even for me that I like to use clouding I feel like it should have MORE durability, hibernation vest has 7 days durability when the Puffy vest and the Breezy vest have 15, just buff hibernation vest to 20 days durability or more and will be fine.

14 hours ago, Jinjetica said:

hibernation vest is 100% useless... because no one wants the min inventory

maybe for you who needs 2342682 slots

i like using isolation cloths with warly because i only few dragonfruit salads to go throw winter instead of needing to recharge the thermal stone every half day

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

maybe for you who needs 2342682 slots

i like using isolation cloths with warly because i only few dragonfruit salads to go throw winter instead of needing to recharge the thermal stone every half day

So basically - useless. I can't have my 2342682 slots means I cannot live.

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

2nd winter isnt late game

you can drop stuff in the place you wanna build

Define what's lategame cause I never would say second winter would be one unless you manage to kill all bosses and get all prints from them I guess.
I think we've got a different view of seeing what kinds of building projects we'd invest in, but I definitely would go insane if I didn't have bundles and Krampus sack if I had to put a lot of time and effort into things I try to make XD

11 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Define what's lategame cause I never would say second winter would be one unless you manage to kill all bosses and get all prints from them I guess.
I think we've got a different view of seeing what kinds of building projects we'd invest in, but I definitely would go insane if I didn't have bundles and Krampus sack if I had to put a lot of time and effort into things I try to make XD

sure, you can play like is late game in terms of gear but wont feel like end game in terms of ammount of materials to build

winter last many days, you dont need to wear backpack or coat the entire winter. You can bring the staff to a wished place and drop them there to start building

cloths are way more confortable for both summer and winter and there are situation where having thermal stone is better when you need both body slots busy with other items

Archived