For some reason, when playing at normal speed x1, there are slowdowns and a slight decrease in fps. However, when accelerating the game to x2 / x3 FPS, the frames increase by 20-30. And all this at the very beginning of the game, when nothing has been built yet. How can I fix this and has anyone else had this problem? I recently bought this game and am a bit disappointed. I do not use any mods and this happens at the very beginning of the game, when nothing has even been built yet. I play at 144hz and the FPS itself at normal speed is 120-130, however, when the game is accelerated for x2 / x3, the FPS grows to an almost stable 144. This is very annoying.

thing is, fps calculated by cpu loop A to A, when increase game speed then also that cpu loop starts to x2/x3 more calculations.

when heavy calculation is made, usually that would be better if its done as multi-more, this would take allot stress away from this main loop what is needed for drawing

3 hours ago, gabberworld said:

doesn't matter what he does, this game is fps hungry, at some point he will have only 30 fps.

if he buy game for look the fps then this is not a right game for that

I don't think you fully understand their problem and what they're asking.

44 minutes ago, Mujinzo said:

I don't think you fully understand their problem and what they're asking.

slowdowns/freezing or whatever you call this this in user eyes (different user see this differently), that is  been happening at this game long time now and its still not fixed soo, what else to talk?

i call this as freezing as i to see that frame drops for micro seconds to  the zero

38 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

slowdowns/freezing or whatever you call this this in user eyes (different user see this differently), that is  been happening at this game long time now and its still not fixed soo, what else to talk?

i call this as freezing as i to see that frame drops for micro seconds to  the zero

They're not asking about what you are complaining about so stop pestering on about it.

1 hour ago, Mujinzo said:

They're not asking about what you are complaining about so stop pestering on about it.

i to have g-sync monitor with 240 hz, also i do have second monitor what not have g-sync. g-sync what is does makes screen no flicker.

and because its constant it not make the slowdowns at different speeds.

i have intel 12 900k, and it still feels like game acts crap, soo what else i to need buy? as this is literally almost best cpu what you can get in market atm.

game self is great, but when comes hardware part, its like bang head to the wall, as it not have no multi-core support. and its year 2022

first multi-core released at year 2001 ?

also i had before  ddr3 generation hardware before i buy ddr5 generation. and this issue is been both for them.

and when they not fix issues like this, then this game acts crap 10 years later awell when buy yourself super computer with nuclear reactor

On 8/11/2022 at 3:09 AM, nullifiedcat said:

For some reason, when playing at normal speed x1, there are slowdowns and a slight decrease in fps. However, when accelerating the game to x2 / x3 FPS, the frames increase by 20-30. And all this at the very beginning of the game, when nothing has been built yet. How can I fix this and has anyone else had this problem? I recently bought this game and am a bit disappointed. I do not use any mods and this happens at the very beginning of the game, when nothing has even been built yet. I play at 144hz and the FPS itself at normal speed is 120-130, however, when the game is accelerated for x2 / x3, the FPS grows to an almost stable 144. This is very annoying.

I suspect the culprit is probably the code that skips "unimportant" stuff in x2 and x3 mode so that your CPU doesn't get bogged down trying to keep up.  At x1, everything gets processed so the simulation runs the most accurately.  At x2 and x3, some things such as critters get grouped and processed every several ticks instead, which (as posted just the other day) results in odd feeding behavior.  Anyway, long story short, you see higher frame rates because less of the simulation is run.

BTW, ONI is not a GPU game.  Your FPS will be affected by how much work the game needs to do in your CPU.  Actually displaying the results of the simulation is easy-peasy; I get almost the same performance using software rendering as I do with my GeForce RTX2060. 

On 8/15/2022 at 4:54 AM, gabberworld said:

i have intel 12 900k, and it still feels like game acts crap, soo what else i to need buy? as this is literally almost best cpu what you can get in market atm.

also i had before  ddr3 generation hardware before i buy ddr5 generation. and this issue is been both for them.

The bottleneck, as far as I can tell, is the CPU/Memory pipeline.  The game needs to transfer a TON of data between RAM and the CPU, then back again, 4 times a second.  So faster memory helps, as does dual-, triple- or quad-channel RAM motherboards.  There was a post a year or two back where someone tracked CPU, memory speed, memory channels, etc, and it was very clear that having a dual-channel setup was by far the biggest game improvement.  Until recently, I was playing on a decade-old 2.4ghz dual-core P5 with DDR2 RAM in a quad-channel setup and did just fine -- though 1000+ cycle games would usually run around 10 to 15 fps.

2 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

The bottleneck, as far as I can tell, is the CPU/Memory pipeline.  The game needs to transfer a TON of data between RAM and the CPU

yeah i know this stuff, there is always a point where hardware hits his ultimate limit.

but c# does self have also limits for example it not supports asm, soo you can not make any optimization directly when needed

2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

yeah i know this stuff, there is always a point where hardware hits his ultimate limit.

but c# does self have also limits for example it not supports asm, soo you can not make any optimization directly when needed

I quoted you asking 'what else I need to buy,' then explained that multi-channel memory will help immensely.  It didn't appear that you already knew that, so I apologize for stating something you already knew.  I was just trying to answer your question.

4 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I quoted you asking 'what else I need to buy,' then explained that multi-channel memory will help immensely.  It didn't appear that you already knew that, so I apologize for stating something you already knew.  I was just trying to answer your question.

thing is that by default ddr5 is now as multi-channel as they made 2 lanes for that, it still supports the single channel as-well maybe some cheaper ones have that

4 hours ago, gabberworld said:

thing is that by default ddr5 is now as multi-channel as they made 2 lanes for that, it still supports the single channel as-well maybe some cheaper ones have that

Right.  So if you have 16gb on a single RAM stick, then you're not using both lanes.  Two 8gb sticks will engage both channels, if installed correctly.  I see a LOT of pre-built machines that go for the single RAM stick, and it causes issues with overall performance.

Lol, this thread seems to diverge a bit. Perhaps let's get back to tho op's issue

In my opinion, at 100 fps or above plenty of things can be at play but none are really important as you are still plenty fast. Start worrying when you are below 15 fps, or severe drops at regular intervals.

On 9/3/2022 at 10:42 PM, Jann5s said:

Lol, this thread seems to diverge a bit. Perhaps let's get back to tho op's issue

In my opinion, at 100 fps or above plenty of things can be at play but none are really important as you are still plenty fast. Start worrying when you are below 15 fps, or severe drops at regular intervals.

yes, 15 fps is playable , only if there was not this game freezing issue, then you may not even notice any issue at all

Archived