Map Action for choosing Telelocator Focus

Now that it's possible to click a specific point in the map and teleport there as Wortox, I was hoping we could get the same feature for Telelocator Foci. The current distance-based mechanic severaly hampers the usefulness of the Telelocator Staff and, at 3 purple gems per teleport, I really don't see why we shouldn't be able to choose our destination.

Also, maybe the Lazy Deserter could finally get the touch-up that everyone and their mother knows it desperately needs.

9 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Also, maybe the Lazy Deserter could finally get the touch-up that everyone and their mother knows it desperately needs.

Real question here would be what kind of touch up, since it could pretty easily lead to just making Deserters so convenient and easy to use that they overshadow a bunch of other teleport methods.

7 minutes ago, Nettalie said:

Real question here would be what kind of touch up, since it could pretty easily lead to just making Deserters so convenient and easy to use that they overshadow a bunch of other teleport methods.

They could take a page out of the Wortox book and make the trip cost a variable amount of Desert Stones depending on the distance if there is no player on the other side.

i prefer this suggestion than reducing the cost of teleporting

5 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

personally the telelocator foci never interested me, aside from using it to quickly get to the aporkalypse calendar in hamlet.
it feels too expensive for a simple teleport.

the forum is filled with peasants that cant affort 3 gems :P

Would be great if each teleportation costed one gem as well. Three gems per teleport is a bit expensive without a varg farm or constantly resetting fuel weaver + clearing the ruins. I wouldn't be too bummed if it wasn't the case though, just means I have to make a varg farm.

Bonus idea: Maybe we can set different gems to change the cost. 3 purple gems for one teleport, 1 orange gem per 1 teleport (Orange gems pile up for me). I'd also like to be able to set 3 desert stones with a % chance at a teleport failure where you get sent to a random location. As a solo player I feed my pet lureplant desert stones by the dozen.

think if the cost of creating the structures where you can teleport were drastically increased and the maintenance cost removed, the magic staff is already costly enough (The amount uses could be decreased to 3 if it is in fact buffed though, no one would complain, it's not even a thing for WX anymore so...), it would make the item much much much more interesting.
It would take a longer time to set up, but once done it would have many more uses in the late game rather than basically serving as a Varg/Goat moving tool.
The decision on how teleportation works should be up to Klei: teleporting around the map by clicking on structures making the item more versatile, easier and stronger or having to activate and deactivate the structures making the item more clumsy and less effective as an immediate teleport anywhere.

Any change would be great anyway, I hope they do something sometime, anything for this item would be a win

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the forum is filled with peasants that cant affort 3 gems :P

I feel called out. >.>

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Bonus idea: Maybe we can set different gems to change the cost. 3 purple gems for one teleport, 1 orange gem per 1 teleport (Orange gems pile up for me). I'd also like to be able to set 3 desert stones with a % chance at a teleport failure where you get sent to a random location. As a solo player I feed my pet lureplant desert stones by the dozen.

Have 3 desert stone refine into 1 orange gem and use orange gem for teleportation. Considering the Desert Stones are impure orange gems it seems fitting. I know the Telolocator was made before Orange Gems existed but I feel updating the recipe to reflect the Orange Gem's teleportation capability seems very fitting.

Archived