Klei pub server notorious griefers

I'm just going to say that I can tolerate casual griefing on  klei pub servers. Just one dude that got bored and lit the base on fire once.

There however is an issue where a select few are burning every base on every server because they feel bored and they don't give up at all. They enter the server on day 1, find base and burn it down to the ground. Then they go to the next server and burn base. Then they alternate between every server so people have to either continue kicking him, or continue rollbacking. Most people just quit by then. Why is someone allowed to do this?

Last time we were playing on a day 130 klei server and just one guy enters and destroys at least 4 bases spread across the world. We try kicking/rollbacking and he just continues to wait the 5 minute cooldown to rejoin and inch closer to all the bases. This went on for hours and in the end everyone gave up and went to sleep while he continues to burn everything. He has a mod that allows him to move his camera around the map and also has nightvision mod that allows him to see around the caves while they're dark. There is no hiding base from this guy.

If I get footage of this same guy burning base can klei please ban him? The pub servers would benefit greatly without a guy like this. He has done this for the past year and it is terrible someone like him is allowed to continue doing this.

I don't care if people keep telling me to play on my own server, this is about a select few that continue to ruin everyone's time on the klei pub servers, actually sociopaths that rejoin for hours to make sure everyone's experience is ruined

this would be easily fixable if klei added some clockwork robot which can be crafted and it protects its owner's base from griefing and actively repairs griefed stuff and locks + keys that players can lock their containers from being stolen from too.

They could also add hamlet houses and you could lock your house too with a lock.

All they would do is irreplaceable items cant go in hamlet houses or locked container and bam, majority of griefing problems solved with 3 new things added to the game.

Just now, nimzowitsch10 said:

It would be easily fixable if they got rid of this one particular griefer that is a sociopath

There is a diffrence between being a griefer in dst and a sociopath in real life. Kick duration is around 5 minutes nothing can be done to prevent this person from doing what they are doing. Unless klei raises the kick cap. For example each kick from a server increases the kick duration. 5 to 15 to 30 to 60 to 120 minutes. I can't think of any diffrent solution because perma ben from everything dst related seems extremely harsh considering the fact that griefieng is an intented mechanic.

5 minutes ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

It would be easily fixable if they got rid of this one particular griefer that is a sociopath

klei server is basically madness server.

it's like expecting to go into a jungle and expect to come out unscathed even though their are dangerous animals, poisonous plants, and everything dangerous in there.

if you want a server which it's a animal crossing simulator then join server which has a discord group and lots of members and admins and stuff.

though personally i only play on my own worlds, can't imagine playing on world which i can't keep all my progress or else it's pointless.

@x0-VERSUS-1y

klei doesn't give two craps so i don't really care. I troll chegg because all he wants is upvotes. Truth is I'm tired of discussing stuff with the klei fanboys that feel they have to drop their opinions on every topic I make. They can simply not even reply but they choose to drop their one smart ass comment to get a bunch of likes

Yes, you are right I comment on your posts to get the 0-1 likes that I get every time I do. You figured it all out. I wish I was as smart as you. 

You can choose to not make the same unconstructive thread you've made 10 times before but you still do (almost like you're reposting content for likes...). Don't be surprised when it gets comments. 

Archived