The Last Few Changes Wickerbottom Needs

2 hours ago, Noaa said:

Because it wouldn't be in range of the light provided by the lightning rod.

You can use Lightning Conductor on a sail.
Alternatively you can use the Deck Illuminator.

If you use Lightning Conductor you can set your steering wheel next to it and steer via map.
If you use the deck illuminator it should have enough range to encompass your entire boat for rowing.

6 hours ago, Noaa said:

you still want to maximize happiness of the crops to get more seeds out of the crops.

Sadly that is not correct especially when it comes to amassing crops with books, you only need enough stress points to give you crop and seed to be able to replant 10 crops. We are talking book farming here, not plant and go do something else while crops are growing passively. These are two different methods.

And like i said before current book can still be used in 9 plant farms and I dont think nerfing the book is a way to justify lowering its cost by 1 seed and 1 poop

My take on each of the books OP listed:

Horticulture Abridged/Expanded: I don't see a need to change these but wouldn't mind if they were changed.

Tempering Temperatures: Agreed with all potential changes you suggested. Alternatively it could be completely reworked into some silly effect like taking damage to sanity instead of health when freezing/overheating (would probably stop working at 0 sanity). I frankly don't expect the devs to change it at all but it's really not worth using atm unless you and your crew are rocking tier 3 insulation items on chest and head slots.

The End is Nigh!: Useless (or almost useless, anyway) as is. I would certainly love to see this book be useful, but making it useful without being problematic seems like a big hurdle. It has a pretty similar role to Lux Aeterna right now in that it's really only used as a crafting ingredient.

Pyrokinetics Explained: Agreed, more range is the most fitting change for this book. It should be about the same difference in range to Luxury Fan as Sleepytime Stories is to Pan Flute. Fiery pen at least has an advantage over fire staff in that it doesn't drain sanity.

Lunar Grimoire: My opinion has changed a bit on the cost of this book, I actually don't mind it anymore due to an eye-opening thread from Sapientis. It still might be a problem for the game itself due to the archives though (not suggesting it should be changed to moon caller staff or archives gems should be unpickable, that would be infinitely worse).

2 hours ago, Arcwell said:

Lunar Grimoire: My opinion has changed a bit on the cost of this book, I actually don't mind it anymore due to an eye-opening thread from Sapientis. It still might be a problem for the game itself due to the archives though (not suggesting it should be changed to moon caller staff or archives gems should be unpickable, that would be infinitely worse).

What are you thoughts on changing it to distilled knowledge? I'd love the idea of triggering the first moon caller event being the jumping point of their communications with the moon.

37 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

What are you thoughts on changing it to distilled knowledge? I'd love the idea of triggering the first moon caller event being the jumping point of their communications with the moon.

Distilled knowledge (or astral detector) is a good choice imo. Very thematic, it definitely comes later than picking gems from the archives but I think that's fine given that's it's not: [basically free or an entire starcaller staff]. I'd think most players would realistically achieve this by day 31 at the earliest, which mitigates the issue of preventing new moon on day 21.

At this point the only recipe changes I'm opposed to are changing it to moon caller's staff or making the archives gems unpickable while keeping the recipe, as both would force making 1-3 extra starcaller's staves.

The fiery pen deff needs to be changed in some way. Maybe it needs to do direct damage as well as fire? since it's magic make it save your loot? I dunno

TEIN deff needs to become useful. Have it cast in a certain configuration and it would be much more viable. I'm sorry but there is no way I'm using it for light lol

I think a good compromise would be making the lunar book only craftable at the moon alter. The first alter would need to be assembled effectively making it not available day 1 and it would fit thematically. Make it require a large amount of moonrock or any moon items really. New players would either struggle to make it or cause a server a lot of work to replace the jacked iridescent gems otherwise.

Allow the thermal book to effect thermal stones, I really wouldn't use it in it's current form.

I think she should refuse to eat spoiled food (red) And take some form of a bigger hit to her stat along with less dish efficiency for stale foods (yellow).

I think she would be perfect with some of these changes

Thanks for all your hard work Klei, whatever you decide we will deal with it.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, Cheggf said:

Charging volt goats and her longest lasting light book aren't remotely useful? 

Using end is nigh to charge volt goats would a terrible idea, but I'm pretty sure you're trolling, anyway.

If you want milk, it's far better to charge them one at a time using something like a morning star, so you don't have 6 supercharged goats running at you simultaneously.

4 hours ago, LitulLola said:

The fiery pen deff needs to be changed in some way. Maybe it needs to do direct damage as well as fire? since it's magic make it save your loot? I dunno

TEIN deff needs to become useful. Have it cast in a certain configuration and it would be much more viable. I'm sorry but there is no way I'm using it for light lol

I think a good compromise would be making the lunar book only craftable at the moon alter. The first alter would need to be assembled effectively making it not available day 1 and it would fit thematically. Make it require a large amount of moonrock or any moon items really. New players would either struggle to make it or cause a server a lot of work to replace the jacked iridescent gems otherwise.

Allow the thermal book to effect thermal stones, I really wouldn't use it in it's current form.

I think she should refuse to eat spoiled food (red) And take some form of a bigger hit to her stat along with less dish efficiency for stale foods (yellow).

I think she would be perfect with some of these changes

Thanks for all your hard work Klei, whatever you decide we will deal with it.

She refuses to eat spoiled food now. That was done with the first set of changes with this refresh. And now on top of the reduced hunger gain she had on yellow food, she now gains 0 benefit from health and sanity restoration. 

2 hours ago, Ohan said:

Last patch of the beta today? Any hopers in the chat? 

Hopeful, sure, but I'm not so sure about last. I think we have at least one more week of beta given that the next Twitch drop hasn't been shown yet.

39 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Hopeful, sure, but I'm not so sure about last. I think we have at least one more week of beta given that the next

Sheesh.. seriously? Idk if i should be glad or not :lol: not sure if i can take another week of the kind of stellar beta threads we’ve been having. :hopelessness: 

that sounds like enough time for forumites to circle back and come for Birds of the World next. 

39 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Twitch drop hasn't been shown yet.

Good point :wilson_sneaky: doesnt that usually happen on a monday? 

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

Sheesh.. seriously? Idk if i should be glad or not :lol: not sure if i can take another week of the kind of stellar beta threads we’ve been having. :hopelessness: 

that sounds like enough time for forumites to circle back and come for Birds of the World next. 

Okay yeah, now that you mention it. :lol:
Tbh I was really happy with this beta from the start, was hoping for as few changes as possible because it was all so great. That said, most of the changes they've made have been really good too, with a few VERY notable exceptions.

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

doesnt that usually happen on a monday? 

I think the past few were announced on a Friday but I might be remembering that wrong. Haven't really been keeping track.

6 hours ago, yourAnty said:

Fun fact! It's not worth it using Horticulture Expanded over Horticulture Abridged! Unless you need some more crops and craft low durability HA books into HE books.

Why that? I've seen people talk about it a few times but I never understood, what's the point of using the first book instead of what would be a direct upgrade, is it just because it's cheaper? What method is used with Horticulture Abridged?

16 hours ago, xhyom said:

Why that? I've seen people talk about it a few times but I never understood, what's the point of using the first book instead of what would be a direct upgrade, is it just because it's cheaper? What method is used with Horticulture Abridged?

Horticulture expanded has 3 uses, so the entire book without repairing at all, or 'spamming' would make 45 crops grow, while Holticulture Abridged has 5 uses and grows 10 plants each, making it 50 plants for HA and 45 for HE

Archived