[Suggestion] Dynamic Storage Visual for the Bookcase

While playing around with the beta, I couldn't help but notice that the new bookcase structure displays several books on its shelves even when completely empty. 
This got me thinking that it would be less immersion-breaking if the bookcase structure would display the books by increasing stages based on its contents, much like how the Sisturn and Winter's feast tree work.

Here's an amateurish rendition of how it could look, made by yours truly:

dynamicbookcase.gif.7229fc6b3dc5c77359710c67fd02bf65.gif

Theoretically, it could display books in the following manner:

No books - Empty
1 to 5 - One shelf
6 to 10 - Two shelves
11 to 15 - Three shelves
16 to 20 - Four shelves

The stack of papers could remain the same as the structure itself requires 4 papyrus to craft in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Ohan said:

You would think this would have priority over adding new Wurt reading animations for each book during Wickerbottom’s own beta. 

Priority how? I feel like those are two pretty different things and this is just not something they had thought of. Seems like a pretty cool idea so I hope it's implemented, but this just seems kind of bitter towards Wurt. 

Just now, Ohan said:

You would think this would have priority over adding new Wurt reading animations for each book during Wickerbottom’s own beta. 

It's a bit more work considering there has to be some sort of animation for adding/removing the books. People are eager but the team can only work so fast.

3 hours ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Priority how?

Its wickerbottom’s refresh and everything else is getting more attention while there are still parts to her that are severely lacking like the end is nigh.

Bookcase popping into existence with full shelves while empty is more of an eye sore than wurt only holding a purple book for the 2-3 seconds of her reading animation. 

I might be forgetting something but i dont recall any other refresh where stuff like the fencing sword and boss flare got added alongside a survivor’s refresh. The first two patches of the beta were wortox patches. When wickerbottom is mentioned in the patchnotes a big part of them have been nothing but nerfs. 

I cant recall a bigger nerf in the game than going from two moon rocks straight to an opal and moth wings either. 

Archived