Concerns on Wickerbottoms world changing effects

They should make the recipe more expensive and late game, for the Lunar grimore they could make it 2 papyrus + 2 moonrock + Iridescent Gem and for the Pratical rain rituals it could be 2 papyrus + umbrella + Waterfowl Can.

That way the book would be harder be farmed, it would also make you somewhat depend on natural full moons if your book expire and you don't have anymore iridescent gems around and for the rain ritual one, before this rework the most reliable way to water your crops would be facing malbatross for the waterfowl can, but now that pratical rain can do the job, including it on it's recipe keeps the need of facing this boss into account

Making the Iridescent gem part of the recipe makes you evaluate farming/abusing the book to the point of expiring it, you have to take into account farming for both yellow and green gems and wasting your time doing the staff event. TO me seems fair..

Just now, Parusoid said:

yall forgeting about telelocator staff

If you scroll up a bit, you'll find I've already responded to that suggestion.

I very doubt anyone who suggests that people should use the Telelocator Staff to keep their summers wildfire-free has ever actually tried doing so, let alone succeeded without pulling all their hair out.

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

A Wickerbottom who just wanted to Water her Crops or prevent herself from dying to Darkness Can cause WX78 & Woodies

they will ask in the chat before affecting whole world 

4 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

If you scroll up a bit, you'll find I've already responded to that suggestion.

I very doubt anyone who suggests that people should use the Telelocator Staff to keep their summers wildfire-free has ever actually tried doing so, let alone succeeded without pulling all their hair out.

my point still stands, regardless of what is the opinion of current item that summons rain we cant just straight up lie and say that such item isn't available to everyone

If yall so scared about trolling i can't imagine what servers are yall playing on

My only concern is the full moon book messing with the moon cycle. This can screw up everyone's plans who are waiting for a new moon (potentially including you). If the book could only affect a single night that would be okay I guess. (I haven't tried the book in-game yet.)

Yes, Lunar grimore and Pratical Rain rituals definitely require some adjustment, or even deletion. I remember when DST was being developed, they removed icebox season traps to avoid this global impact. Now Wicker's two new books are no less problematic than icebox season traps.

On the lore side, I don't think it's a good idea to allow the moon cycle to be so easily affected. It's bad enough that an ancient god who has been preparing for six years finally makes his debut and is defeated by an old man before he can do anything. And now taking orders from a cheap book?

Archived