The crafting cost of Wickerbottom's books

While the new abilities are cool, I found the crafting cost of books a bit too cheap. Like 2 moon rocks for the full moon book. Isn't that too little? Besides, rain and full moon being so cheap isn't a good idea because griefers may easily abuse them to annoy Woodie and WX. 

I also think that they don't reward exploration as much as the craftables of other characters. For example, to get the popular Super-Acceleration Circuit for WX you need to find a rook and scan it. You either get lucky with it to spawn on the surface, assemble the rook piece and wait for full moon or go to the ruins. Besides, it requires gear which aren't that rare now but still require some effort to get. Same for the Electrification Circuit. You need to fight the charged Volt Goat to craft. So you're rewarded for exploration and fighting dangerous mobs.

If we compare it to the full moon book, all you need to go to the Mosaic biome and mine meteors. Which are easily renewable. Considering how useful the full moon is, the power of this book seems unearned. The rain book also requires silk, pig skin, logs, grass and twigs. Really basic resources. It feels like I'm not playing an actual character, but rather a walking cheat console.

Rain is not for changing weather. It's for watering soils nearby. (I was wrong, rain is for changing weather. It didnt change weather for me because my test server had disabled rain entirely, in which case, it only moisturize nearby 12 soil tiles).

But I agree, full moon is too cheap. Another reason it's too cheap is because this global night light magic is cheaper than Lux Aeterna (Redux) which has small light radius, and that doesn't make sense.

giving the ability to change weather to only a character is just utterly dissapointing

the community has asked a lot for an item that changes weather and they lock it only for wicker, thats so lame

Archived