[Game Update] - 249

Don't Starve Together Patch 2.49 - 06/30/2022 (PlayStation)

Batten down the hatches survivors, we got another swell update for you! In one of our largest updates to date, we've got all kinds of good stuff for you today.   

The Curse of Moon Quay

Someone has been meddling... or should we say, monkeying around with the forces of the Constant, leaving an unstable rift between worlds in their wake. With new sea-faring foes, creatures and resources now free to pour into the Survivors' world, the ocean is more dangerous than ever before... but is this just the start of what's to come?

Additions and Changes:

• Added "The Curse of Moon Quay" content:
    • New Moon Quay Island and inhabitants.
    • Ocean Privateers.
    • New upgrades for boating:
      • Grass Boat
      •  Kelp Bumper
      • Shell Bumper
      • Cannon and Cannonballs
      • Rudder
      • Polly Roger's Hat
    • Docks.
  • New "HUD" settings section in the options menu.
  • Map controls will now be more intuitive.
    • Zooming will now focus on the cursor.
      • An option in the HUD settings can be used to disable this feature.
    • Zooming in and out will now be smooth.
      • An option in the HUD settings controls how fast zooming is.
    • Rotating the map will be around the current location and not the player.
    • Panning the map will be smoother.
    • Panning the map will try to keep a portion of the map visible on the center of the screen.
  • Favorite food bonus now takes into account Warly's spices.
  • Cactus and Oasis Cactus have been added to world regrowth.
  • Reeds and Cactus now have settings for world regrowth.
  • Big Woby will now eat the food given to her instead of staring at it.
  • Fixed Malbatross death animations and ocean based attacks when the Malbatross is over a boat.
  • Fixed Merm King bonus to loyalty time not being applied.
  • Fixed a rare crash with the Clean Sweeper.
  • Fixed bird cages having invisible birds in various situations.
  • Fixed profile flair and profile backgrounds turning themselves off when navigating between the two menus.
  • Fixed Winona taking food penalties when trading items.
  • Fixed Birchnut trees dropping Birchnuts on the wrong side.
  • Fixed friendly shadow tentacles not spawning on boats.
  • Fixed highlights not showing on clients for the Houndious Shootius, Deck Illuminator and Lightning Conductor.
  • Fixed Walter's Camper's Tent having the same descriptions as the Tent Roll.

New Twitch Drops

The Abandoned Ship Boat is the final skin to be added to the Nautical Collection. For a list of participating streamers, please see the spoiler below.

abandoned_ship_trio.png

Spoiler

New Skins!

swash.png

The Swashbuckler Survivors Chest can now be purchased for $11.99usd.

newboat.png

The Inventor's Excursion Chest is available for $5.99usd.

As always, these items are also available free as drops in-game and are weaveable using spool.

Login Bonus Items!

4hats.png
For a limited time get the Moon Quay chest with four new swashbucklin' hat skins just for logging into the game.

Klei Rewards!

BanandanaDootDooDooDooDoo.png

And if that wasn't enough, you can use those Klei Reward points you have been saving up for some cool new stuff on the Klei Rewards page.

With this update, we're adding all the previous skins from the Nautical Collection to the Klei Rewards page as well! 

Rhymes With Play

https://twitch.tv/kleientertainment

That's all for now!
And here's the part where I say some stuff about what we have next. We're not that far away from the next character refresh. Unfortunately, there isn't a single frame from the next short that won't be some sort of spoiler. We only have a few survivors left. So we're just gonna have to remain tight-lipped this time. Don't lose sleep over it though, we'll have plenty for you to checkout soon.

See ya soon!  

Check out the original forum post for more details!

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • GL Happy 1

Wow sony actually let it through without delay this time? Thank you so much for the update, everything is looking amazing. Pirate Bandana and Captain's Tricorn login bonuses didn't drop though, is this just me?

• Developer
38 minutes ago, Kur0u said:

Wow sony actually let it through without delay this time? Thank you so much for the update, everything is looking amazing. Pirate Bandana and Captain's Tricorn login bonuses didn't drop though, is this just me?

Go into the game and check a science machine, the Moon Quay chest is probably waiting for you there. I haven't been able to track down the issue with some people not getting their gifts on login yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CharlesB said:

Go into the game and check a science machine, the Moon Quay chest is probably waiting for you there. I haven't been able to track down the issue with some people not getting their gifts on login yet.

Just did that! Thank you!

Well, this was unexpected, I get out today, knowing there was no update! But what a piece of welcoming news to read.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

PlayStation and Xbox players will be getting this earlier than originally posted. Against all odds, the team managed to pull everything together in time to get this out to you sooner than expected

Thank you so much for the amazing team we have <3 you all ROCK!

---

And for the update! Well, this one is for sure on my top updates this game ever had! The "Docks" alone is so so so freaking awesome! :love-struck:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Oh so theres an issue? I was gonna say, i logged in yesterday and didnt recieve my daily login either but i just shrugged it off.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Oh so theres an issue? I was gonna say, i logged in yesterday and didnt recieve my daily login either but i just shrugged it off.

It's been there a while, sometimes gifts don't pop in the main menu and have to be obtained from a science machine.
Haven't been able to figure out the cause yet.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

It's been there a while, sometimes gifts don't pop in the main menu and have to be obtained from a science machine.
Haven't been able to figure out the cause yet.

Well if it helps, i remember recent discoveries on the main menu refused to load any information as well. I found that odd.

Edited by sudoku

5 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Well if it helps, i remember recent discoveries on the main menu refused to load any information as well. I found that odd.

If you waited a few minutes, the discoveries will load up with your recent daily gift.

12 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

have to be obtained from a science machine.

I don't know if this will help, but this only work with (Twitch Drops & Login Bonus). The Daily Gift will always be opened in the main menu. The confusion here is the game has already opened the gift automatically when we log in for the first time (without the pop-up screen). That's why most of the players will report not having the daily gift because there is no pop-up shown for them to press and see what they got!

• Sanity 1

2 minutes ago, Mj- said:

If you waited a few minutes, the discoveries will load up with your recent daily gift.

I don't know if this will help, but this only work with (Twitch Drops & Login Bonus). The Daily Gift will always be opened in the main menu. The confusion here is the game has already opened the gift automatically when we log in for the first time (without the pop-up screen). That's why most of the players will report not having the daily gift because there is no pop-up shown for them to press and see what they got!

Interesting, i just pop on every now and then to check new stuff out and dont really care about daily logins/cosmetics (all of my skins and stuff are stuck on PC). It kinda kills my desire to play the PS version.

Hmm didn't know that the monkeys are capable of stealing GOATS! :d

12 hours ago, Mano Til said:

I can't make Polly Rogers Hat.

Can anyone tell me how to make it?

Spoiler

You can make it by defeating the big monkey during the raid, after that, you will have a pirate map which will lead you to an X mark. If you are lucky you will get the blueprint for Polly's Rogers Hat.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, RudeNoise_ said:

I did not receive any of the gifts upon login on ps5. I also can't see the bundle inventors excursion anywhere =/ also Did we not get a code for this drop for spools for rewards online?

Check in game, as soon as you host or join a world you'll have a gift you can open, you'll receive a chest containing all 4 hats instead of one by one that can be found in your Treasury. The new bundle is currently glitched showing the Fool's Tool Chest image from a while ago but I reckon it still works fine. We actually got 2 new codes,  this one and this one.

• Like 1