woodie mains, how do you survive in a world with the moon storm event running?

Accept the fate of the moon storm.

Eat less so you are nearly starving every night.

Always make breakfast the day before.

It's just about 1 min idle every night, during which you can chat and chill, or rant.

You don't loose sanity or health anyways.

4 hours ago, goatt said:

It's just about 1 min idle every night, during which you can chat and chill, or rant.

1 minute idle, if things are happening (which, usually do happen) can be absolutely terrible.

Here are some simple examples of common things that happen in the game that you may have no defense for if you transform every single night:

• A late game hound wave (you have to pray to be close of your trap, or get random moose)
  • A boss fight, specially a long one like celestial (Moose is not even good here, as you could need healing)
  • A monkey raid
  • Boat about to crash with something (one minute is more than enough to lose your late game boat)
  • A wildfire you could have easily stopped if you could manipulate ice staves or flingos
  • Overheating or freezing
  • Etc

Please go ahead and try playing as Woodie with the moonstorm active for a year or so, while also doing things. It's really no fun.

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i prefer to actually play the game...

You should say that to the game designers, because it is part of the game design.

My solution is basically doing nothing but taking the downside as is.

@ShadowDuelist I didn't elaborate on each of those scenarios, I only demonstrated my general attitude as a woodie main, which is, if I'm playing a character for its sake, I'll stick to it until the end or until I've completed the whole playthrough and all the accomplishment. Otherwise, I wouldn't call myself "woodie main" because I didn't do everything as woodie.

If the moonstorm is started by someone else in a pub server without your consent or any communication, or you've already killed cc, then go ahead and change characters. That's what I usually do, too.

Lets wait and see if wagstaff sees the situation of woodie and 'helps' him to control his curse (not with second intentions like giving him an extra blueprint to an item that prevents woodie to transform in the moonstorm, and then woodie having a easier time helping wagstaff) :D

Joining a world as woodie with the moonstorm event on was some of the most fun i've had in DST.
Before night comes, try to be near spiders / forest / marble forest / unexplored map sections, so that you get the use of any random transformation you get. You can also get the goose idol and eat it half a day before the night, so that you can go explore the furthest parts of the ocean.

It is actually pretty easy. The most important thing is to solve your sanity issues.

• You don't need to eat almost at all. Just a few carrots / seeds / cacti and you're ok for the day. Always have at least some food in inventory.
  • collect a lot of cacti and/or green mushrooms, get a top hat and/or sanity body slot (if you don't play with backpack).
  • If you don't like tha sanity drain, just waste the form and let the meter go down as fast as possible.

I hope it helps :)

On 6/28/2022 at 10:39 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

Please go ahead and try playing as Woodie with the moonstorm active for a year or so, while also doing things. It's really no fun.

I frankly disagree. I guess when you are a beginner, it really is no fun, but it was fun challenge for me. I even felt i was accomplishing more than with other normal characters. Lots of resource gathering, epxloring and killing. But yeah, you need to heat/cool yourself before every night.

Archived