Grass rafts???

Why were they changed to take damage? The whole reason that made them viable as an alternative was taken away. They didn't take damage because they are always slowly sinking, now they take both? Not sure why, is it because of CK? He is a huge recourse sink for solo players, why not make it a bit easier? I dunno I'm proly going to get the too OP comment I usually see... (I'm having a bad day, sorry if I'm a bit spicy)

The grass rafts aren't supposed to be an alternative to regular boats. They're supposed to be a solution for going on a short ride in the sea early-game if you'd like to begin engaging with the content that early. Helpful for getting stuff like message bottles and driftwood for a Tackle Receptacle, or going to the lunar island if you think you know where it is.

26 minutes ago, Electroely said:

The grass rafts aren't supposed to be an alternative to regular boats. They're supposed to be a solution for going on a short ride in the sea early-game if you'd like to begin engaging with the content that early. Helpful for getting stuff like message bottles and driftwood for a Tin' Fishin Bin, or going to the lunar island if you think you know where it is.

Tin Fishing Bin doesn't require Driftwood or any Ocean resources to craft.

I know they are not a replacement for boats and are used for all the things you have said so why do they need to take damage on top of slowly sinking?

I was going to use them in some very cool ways

49 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

that was a bug

Ohh crap, well there goes my fun lol

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Still totally think cookie cutters should prioritize wood (and maybe salt) over grass raft.

image.thumb.png.3c0bc84d6927fc7705427a110352e92b.png

They do! They go for wood first, which pacifies them for a bit.
They don't eat salt at all though.

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

image.thumb.png.3c0bc84d6927fc7705427a110352e92b.png

They do! They go for wood first, which pacifies them for a bit.
They don't eat salt at all though.

So what you're saying is I should carry 10 bundles of boards on me so they wont eat my boat.

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Still totally think cookie cutters should prioritize wood (and maybe salt) over grass raft.

They definitely shouldn't eat salt. If they did, you'd be having all the cookie cutters swarming over to the salt that drops in the water when you mine a salt formation before you even have a chance to row closer and pick it up.

Archived