How do you start as Wanda?

How do you start as Wanda?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How do you start as Wanda?

• Use first three timepieces to make an alarming clock, then get more timepieces
    • Use first three timepieces to make ageless watch and/or second chance watch, then get more time pieces
    • Stock up on timepieces before crafting clocks
    • Other

Depends on the game.

On public servers where everything is a mess, there are many clueless players going around and survival of the first days may be a problem, if I find an extra red gem I just make another ageless and the clock to revive others. Then when I am more stable on food and armor, I try to get stuff for the shadow manipulator and more time pieces for the alarming.

If I am in a more calm server, or competing against other Wandas for time pieces, then I rush the alarming for the high risk/high reward type of gameplay. The extra damage lets you advance faster through certain areas (like the ruins) and get more time pieces and gems.

In any case I always try to get my hands on a red gem, just one ageless is usually not enough for most situations.

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

If I am.. competing against other Wandas for time pieces, then I rush the alarming for the high risk/high reward type of gameplay. The extra damage lets you advance faster through certain areas (like the ruins) and get more time pieces and gems.

In any case I always try to get my hands on a red gem, just one ageless is usually not enough for most situations.

Getting the time pieces faster and in greater amount than the Wandas who didn't rush AC ?Thinking_Face_Emoji-Emoji-Island-500x500.png.30879e86ce31cd4c36d3d8bddb7f20ec.png

1 hour ago, Waynel said:

Getting the time pieces faster and in greater amount than the Wandas who didn't rush AC ?

I never said faster than them. Just that it allows you to get time pieces faster than by having to go through the ruins with a regular weapon.

And before anyone brings it up : -"But Wolfgang..."

Wolfgang is probably better and faster through the ruins, yes. Not the point of the topic though :P 

33 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I never said faster than them. Just that it allows you to get time pieces faster than by having to go through the ruins with a regular weapon.

And before anyone brings it up : -"But Wolfgang..."

Wolfgang is probably better and faster through the ruins, yes. Not the point of the topic though :P 

Eh, most Wanda players are boring anyway, I rarely see them choosing ruins over archives :\

Well, you don't have to wait until you get the materials for an alarming clock if that's what you're after. The clockmaker tools let you disassemble clocks and get all the resources you used back, so you can just do whatever you want with them. I tend to make clocks based on need (like extra ageless watches and a backstep watch for boss fights, or a second chance watch to revive other players) and once I get a shadow manipulator I disassemble them to make an alarming clock.

7 hours ago, Electroely said:

[...]

Well you don't have to wait for the materials for AC because you start with them in the first place :D. 

I agree with your principle, but given that you can reliably get AC by day ~5-6 there really isn't much use for the timepieces before that, if again, what you are after is the quick AC. And after the first trip downstairs you probably have enough pieces for anything before teleporting network to not worry about deconstructing watches. I see it being useful for extremely niche uses, but even rushing DF with 2x ageless and backstep feels a bit of a waste to me given that you'll get 2 scales if you wait a few more days for the AC. 

Archived