The Mythical Double Bugnet

In a discord server, we had a discussion whether or not you can beat Celestial Champion without using or acquiring any grass or twigs
We found that grassless CC is possible (there's alternative methods of getting rope), and hypothetically twigless CC is possible aswell except there's a pretty big roadblock
Moongleams require a bugnet to acquire them, you need 15 moongleams and therefore two bugnets. The only way you can get a bugnet without any twigs is by the beekeeper boon, which has a bugnet.
This setpiece however, is fairly rare (54 worlds had 2 bugnet boons, world was huge and failed survivors was set to insane but I doubt that had any affect) and extremely rare when having two of that setpiece in the picture
Furthermore, we do not know if the bugnet boon CAN even spawn twice, as some boon setpieces cannot spawn twice.
BUT dst is split into two shards, forest and caves shards. If a bugnet boon in caves shard is possible, then double bugnet is possible.
So double bugnet is MOST LIKELY possible (if multiple can spawn in the same shard OR if one can spawn in the caves shard, then this is possible) but we do not know for sure.
Even if it is possible, it could take hundreds or possibly even over a thousand worlds to test. But if a double bugnet world is found, then twigless Celestial Champion is theoretically possible.

(I can also answer any questions about grassless CC/twigless CC)

Just now, Dextops said:

thats who they were talking to in the discord...

Hey now, all OP said was "in a discord server", I didn't know it was specifically guile's

Just now, YottaCat said:

I've already talked to them about it

Thanks for the clarification.

24 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Hey now, all OP said was "in a discord server", I didn't know it was specifically guile's

Thanks for the clarification.

Wasn't in guille's server to be specific though, it was OrangE's server, but guille hopped in the conversation

1 hour ago, YottaCat said:

I had just remembered that caves and surface shards share different seeds, We can combine both a bugnet overworld seed and a bugnet caves seed

Me and someone else found a set of seeds with bugnet, here's one set of double bugnet seeds
Forest seed: 1653358444
Caves seed: 1653359643
Obviously, it wasn't that hard to find, but it was still a bit tricky (bugnet boon is pretty much as rare as cane boon) but if you find any more sets of bugnet seeds then notify me

8 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

Guille's discord is deleted already for few months already, his only discord server now is private 

2 minutes ago, oregu said:

not petals? i dont know what exactly ur putting in place or twigs/grass

Huh?
The challenge is that you cannot use a single twig or grass
Everything else is allowed as long as you don't obtain any more items from the two items listed

Just now, YottaCat said:

Huh?
The challenge is that you cannot use a single twig or grass
Everything else is allowed as long as you don't obtain any more items from the two items listed

my idea is find blueprint for doodads (only alternative is twins/decon moggle so nope) and flingomatic blurprint from setpiece/tumbleweed haunting blueprints make getting the recipe easier. scavenge the mosaic to get the materials for that (im guessing if ur going by the decon rule and thus pickaxe not allowed you can use a rook to destroy ice glaciers but i dont like the rng factor) and just use the flingo cheese method using the starcaller and 30 petals. but im assuming u need a boat to get to ck so this has to be done in that update that makes boats scienceless to save time

1 minute ago, oregu said:

my idea is find blueprint for doodads (only alternative is twins/decon moggle so nope) and flingomatic blurprint from setpiece/tumbleweed haunting blueprints make getting the recipe easier. use the pickaxe in the world to get the materials for that and just use the flingo cheese method using the starcaller and 30 petals. but im assuming u need a boat to get to ck so this has to be done in that update that makes boats scienceless to save time

You do not need twigs/grass for science machine/alchemy engine

Rocks and gold are lying around the mosaic, and you can use a rook to chop trees or alternatively use woodie and werebeaver down the trees/rocks
You can also use pigs probably but I'm not sure how you would initiate the chop

Just now, YottaCat said:

You do not need twigs/grass for science machine/alchemy engine

Rocks and gold are lying around the mosaic, and you can use a rook to chop trees or alternatively use woodie and werebeaver down the trees/rocks
You can also use pigs probably but I'm not sure how you would initiate the chop

Yeah I just remembered the mosaic, i was talking about the glaciers. But you have to be wendy for this method to fight ck, but you can use the celestial portal, i remembered.

If we ruled out using tools that require sticks to craft, (pick/axe, axe, pickaxe, etc.) than that's what i'd prolly go with. Starting w/woodie and changing to wendy.

Edit: nvm the celestial portal takes a rope to make. Darn.

i guess u can use pengulls spawning near the garuanteed rook setpiece for ice, but that is also slight rng and makes challenge too long imo... i hope ck to die before winter at least.

i guess its possible to kill pearled ck w/thelu clubs using flingo cheese as woodie, though. it's expensive and you gotta know how to attack cancel just helps a lot on not using many clubs, but i mean what else are you gonna do if you're going a pure no twig/grass route.

Edit2: it works but i used like 8 clubs and maybe 10 boards idk, rng on the crab regenning rly makes it hard to definitively tell how many clubs you may need.

Archived