Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Roadmaps are always subject to change, however If Midsummers Cawnival is intended to be a yearly annual event as Klei claimed it would become (similar to Hallowed Nights/Winters Feast/Year of) then yes the Cawnival update should come in June the same time it came last year so it would be a Every June thing..

However as far as the Roadmap goes assuming things have not changed we still have the following to look forward to.

3 more character reworks, 2 more QoL updates, Midsummers Cawnival Year 2, and 3 “Setting the Stage” Content Updates.

I have no idea what a setting the stage update is but we have yet to even see or get a tease of the first of those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have no idea what a setting the stage update is but we have yet to even see or get a tease of the first of those.

i'm pretty sure it will be based on the sealed portal. it's been more than 1.5 year since it was added and it still has no function.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Topis120 said:

i'm pretty sure it will be based on the sealed portal. it's been more than 1.5 year since it was added and it still has no function.

I doubt that, setting the stage is “setting the stage for the next content Arch” 
What people don’t seem to remember is that Klei called the Eye of the Storm update for Return of Them a Season Finale, which if we compare that to TV Series- Means the first Season ended with a Cliffhanger ending and the next Arch (Aka Season 2) will pick up where Season 1 left off.

That means that these 3 setting the stage (as well as the reworks & QoL) updates are intended to iron out and prepare the game for the next Arch.

If I had to take a shot in the dark guess as to what they’ll do- I’m going to assume combat/weapon overhaul, enemy mob and mob behavior overhaul, probably fill in the void of empty areas in the game (especially the ocean..) hopefully they’ll update some existing biomes, rework the games weather seasons etc..

Remember that the updates that come right now- is to prepare for Season Two of the games story that ended with a Cliffhanger last May.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Topis120 said:

i'm pretty sure it will be based on the sealed portal. it's been more than 1.5 year since it was added and it still has no function.

It being neglected for 2 years gives you confidence that out of nowhere now is the time it's going to do something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It being neglected for 2 years gives you confidence that out of nowhere now is the time it's going to do something?

the only motivation i have left is the sealed portal. there's literally nothing left to do with current shards(forest+caves) for me. i think we need another world like hamlet or shipwrecked so we can keep playing in the same world instead of creating a new world every week. they have reworked the crafting menu so they can add a huge amount of new crafts with ease. i'm checking forums every thursday if there's a beta announcement for the new arc. hope we see it soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Topis120 said:

i'm pretty sure it will be based on the sealed portal. it's been more than 1.5 year since it was added and it still has no function.

i mean, don't forget that white gem(that was added back in A new Reign) got use only nearly end of RoT, there are a lot of things that was added onl to be used few years later, so it's probably will be same with sealed portal

2 hours ago, Topis120 said:

the only motivation i have left is the sealed portal. there's literally nothing left to do with current shards(forest+caves) for me. i think we need another world like hamlet or shipwrecked so we can keep playing in the same world instead of creating a new world every week. they have reworked the crafting menu so they can add a huge amount of new crafts with ease. i'm checking forums every thursday if there's a beta announcement for the new arc. hope we see it soon.

1:Like 80% of whole caves are just empty bioms full of just some random objects that aren't very even useful
2:You don't need to make new world to acces new content sinse long time already
3:just like with caves 80% of ocean is empty and either filled with rocks or with nothing at all
4:can't wait to host 3 servers at a time(counting that 2 already cause a lot of lags to people)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eughstein said:

2:You don't need to make new world to acces new content sinse long time already

i'm saying most of the players(including me) create a new world when they get bored of the current one. if you don't enjoy building a mega base, then you will (probably) end up creating a new world.

 

2 hours ago, Eughstein said:

4:can't wait to host 3 servers at a time(counting that 2 already cause a lot of lags to people)

i'm tired of seeing early/mid game contents instead of late game contents. it can be optional to host more than 2 shards. i just want a brand new shard with tons of content in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eughstein said:

can't wait to host 3 servers at a time(counting that 2 already cause a lot of lags to people)

I'm no pro game developer, but what if your cave server temporarily shuts down whenever you enter the new shard and vice versa? It could also have a cooldown to make it a bit less chaotic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Psychic Chicken said:

I'm no pro game developer, but what if your cave server temporarily shuts down whenever you enter the new shard and vice versa? It could also have a cooldown to make it a bit less chaotic.

Doesn’t really work in a multiplayer game. Do the people in the caves just get booted out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, YouKnowWho said:

Doesn’t really work in a multiplayer game. Do the people in the caves just get booted out?

I'd assume everyone would have to be at the surface while switching which shard is active, maybe the players in the server could vote on it or it could just be completely optional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Doesn’t really work in a multiplayer game. Do the people in the caves just get booted out?

Normally when a multiplayer game with multiple levels/maps in it handle map swapping usually what happens is the players stand in a permitted teleportation area and they ALL get teleported to the new map or- no one goes to the new map at all.

a few examples would be: Borderlands, Gears of War 4/5, Rainbow Six Extraction, Ark Survival Evolveds “Boss Fights/Mini Games” Even in fighting games such as Injustice you had to corner your opponent in the edge of the map and then trigger a stage transition to a new location.

Hilariously- Don’t Starves Adventures Mode worked in this exact way.. once you left chapter 1 you could never return back to it if you teleported to Chapter 2 & so on.

We don’t need to run 500 shards at once… all we need to ever do is run one or two shards, and replace them with others for a literal near infinite amount of worlds we can play DST within.

Even in solo DS where you could have a connected SW/Hamlet & ROG world- you could only be in ONE world at a time.. so when your in Hamlet, SW & ROG are Unloaded and Vice versa.

DST being a multiplayer game doesn’t mean it CANT have connected worlds experience like DS solo has- it just means that every player would probably need to be in the Activation zone to transport- and if they’re not- Transportation gets cancelled.

OR the host of the server gets to force everyone to go where the host wants to go because your a client playing in someone else’s world they will probably continue after you stop playing.. an example of this type of game would be Fortnite- Only the Party Host can choose the map/mode while everyone else is just pulled along for the ride.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Topis120 said:

the only motivation i have left is the sealed portal. there's literally nothing left to do with current shards(forest+caves) for me. i think we need another world like hamlet or shipwrecked so we can keep playing in the same world instead of creating a new world every week. they have reworked the crafting menu so they can add a huge amount of new crafts with ease. i'm checking forums every thursday if there's a beta announcement for the new arc. hope we see it soon.

They can't even have the ruins have its own shard, there's no way they're adding another. Especially on the scale of making an entire world like Shipwrecked or Hamlet. 

1 hour ago, Psychic Chicken said:

what if your cave server temporarily shuts down whenever you enter the new shard

Then no one can get light bulbs, ruins gear, anything else in the caves or go to their cave base.

1 hour ago, Psychic Chicken said:

maybe the players in the server could vote on it

If it requires a unanimous vote it would be basically impossible for it to ever work and it if doesn't require a unanimous vote it's trolling.

If you think the caves are so boring that you want to get rid of them why not suggest updates to the caves instead of making an entirely new caves that tries to shut down the existing one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Then no one can get light bulbs, ruins gear, anything else in the caves or go to their cave base.

If it requires a unanimous vote it would be basically impossible for it to ever work and it if doesn't require a unanimous vote it's trolling.

If you think the caves are so boring that you want to get rid of them why not suggest updates to the caves instead of making an entirely new caves that tries to shut down the existing one?

This isn't my suggestion, I was just pointing out some ideas to fix someone else's suggestion. But I think it's clear at this point that it wouldn't work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

LOL gameplay of Don't Starve sucks. it stopped getting updates as well. i've played with tropical experience and island adventures mods too. i even hosted 4 sharded server just to have shipwrecked experience but it's not fun anymore. as i told before; i'm looking for a brand new one, not the ones released years ago. it's just sad to see no one wants to see a new world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Topis120 said:

LOL gameplay of Don't Starve sucks. it stopped getting updates as well. i've played with tropical experience and island adventures mods too. i even hosted 4 sharded server just to have shipwrecked experience but it's not fun anymore. as i told before; i'm looking for a brand new one, not the ones released years ago. it's just sad to see no one wants to see a new world.

oh yeah klei totally should add 3d world with 3d server to host that would take them multiple years and also add update to it too later, oh and also they will either add it for free(which won't be worth it counting that it will cost them multiple years without updates at all) or as first dst content dlc (which probably won't be accepted very well in community) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eughstein said:

oh yeah klei totally should add 3d world with 3d server to host that would take them multiple years and also add update to it too later, oh and also they will either add it for free(which won't be worth it counting that it will cost them multiple years without updates at all) or as first dst content dlc (which probably won't be accepted very well in community) 

keep thinking like this and don't forget to play cawnival games over and over cuz that will be the only thing that you will enjoy in this game. peace!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing is that neither of you are wrong. My DST play has kind of hit a brick wall. There just isn't much new stuff to explore. I bet most semi-capable players feel the same way. It doesn't help either that the game has slowly gotten easier and easier with each update. 

 

That said, no developer will continue putting time and resources into a title that doesn't bring in enough revenue to justify the continued effort that is placed into it. DST's revenue stream is very limited: 1. new sales 2. mostly cosmetic skin packs. There's no stable recurring revenue here that would ensure the longevity of continued DST development. I hate to say this but it is what it is. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Topis120 said:

keep thinking like this and don't forget to play cawnival games over and over cuz that will be the only thing that you will enjoy in this game. peace!

Why are you here if you think both Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together suck?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PetulantPansy said:

The thing is that neither of you are wrong. My DST play has kind of hit a brick wall. There just isn't much new stuff to explore. I bet most semi-capable players feel the same way. It doesn't help either that the game has slowly gotten easier and easier with each update. 

 

That said, no developer will continue putting time and resources into a title that doesn't bring in enough revenue to justify the continued effort that is placed into it. DST's revenue stream is very limited: 1. new sales 2. mostly cosmetic skin packs. There's no stable recurring revenue here that would ensure the longevity of continued DST development. I hate to say this but it is what it is. 

 

This isn’t exactly true either, if Klei WASN’T making updates for DST they would have already made a DS 2 or DST 2 which would be a whole new game.. which there’s no guarantee that a “sequel” would even be popular, you’ve seen many games before that’s sequels were no where near as good as the originals… most the time what happens in that case is the developers abandon the sequel and just go back to releasing content on the game that’s making them the most profit.

However with DST literally just releasing as of last month on Nintendo Switch consoles- it probably wouldn’t be wise to abandon DST and move on to something else.

More importantly than that: If DS NewHome is being built to “Replace” DS & DST then that’s a sequel I don’t care to play at all and will likely just find a new favorite game franchise.

The TL:DR I highly doubt we’re going to see a cease in updates to DST anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

 

More importantly than that: If DS NewHome is being built to “Replace” DS & DST then that’s a sequel I don’t care to play at all and will likely just find a new favorite game franchise.

Maybe other people are more plugged in that I am but I don't see how NewHome has anything to do with DS/DST outside of name recognition. It's not even developed by Klei. 

I will literally pay money for any DLC content for DST. I know that development costs $$ and since this is an amazing game, I'd be more than happy to support the developers as they make more content. Imo, it's a completely fair tradeoff (as long as they're willing to develop more content). The 1 tricky part is whether only the host needs to own a DLC for everyone on the server to access the DLC, or whether everyone on the server has to own the DLC for them to participate in it. 

 

Sidenote - rest of this post doesn't have much to do with the 2022 roadamp. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Why are you here if you think both Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together suck?

i don't think DST sucks. it just get boring after playing a lot of days. as i observed, people lost their interest in DST because the updates don't meet their expectations anymore. the people in this forum used to be considerate but it seems that some of them can't stand someone criticizing the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...