Door access based on skills or attributes

I would love doors that could be set to certain skills (like Exosuit Training) or other attributes like skill levels, stress, health, moral, or traits. It would be nice to make a special barracks for snoring dupes or ones that require night lights. Only let chefs into the kitchen. New dupes can't leave the base and only have access to the gym until they hit a minimum athletics level. Most importantly, I want to tell slow and injured dupes to stay out of danger zones.

I could see some attributes that change often being taxing on performance, but many would just be shortcuts/queries for generating the current list of permissions for dupes on doors that would auto update.

I haven't looked into the mods that are out there, so this might be something already there, but it would be a really nice quality of life improvement, especially for new players who need to be cautious.

21 hours ago, fredhp said:

Or better yet: A system with "Groups of Dupes" - instead of individual settings, dupes are assigned to a group, and settings (permissions, priority) are associated to the group.

I've wanted this for a long time.  Please some one make the mod!

Then a nice addition would then be to make "algorithmic" groups which dupes are added (and removed from) based on traits such as skill level, hunger, location, other group membership, etc...

Archived