What's the point of Bundling Wrap skins if they return to default when unpacked?

I knew about skins for wraps existing, but i didn't have any. I did find the idea of skins on them very useful because in my mind you'd reskin them to group specific items/foods etc and keep track of them easier.

Last night i got a Parchment skin from a daily drop. To my surprise, when you unpack the skinned wraps, it goes back to default.

To me this makes no sense. If i am to unpack and repack something, 99% of the time i'm using the wrap for the same purpose.

I understand it's unpacking to a paper and there's no skin for plain wax paper, but in my mind the wrap should auto reskin itself or something?

It doesn't go back to default. It just drops the wax paper. But it's just a material. What the skin will be next time depends on which skin is selected during crafting. Open the menu and slide the arrow so that it shows the package with the skin. It also works for quick access menu - just make sure that it shows the desired skin when you attach the recipe to the panel (if there is already a version without a skin, replace it). Both menus remember the selected skins, and you can always create the version you need. You can even pin both versions of the wrapper on the panel - with and without skin, and use any of them depending on the situation.

56 minutes ago, reallychina said:

I knew about skins for wraps existing, but i didn't have any. I did find the idea of skins on them very useful because in my mind you'd reskin them to group specific items/foods etc and keep track of them easier.

Last night i got a Parchment skin from a daily drop. To my surprise, when you unpack the skinned wraps, it goes back to default.

To me this makes no sense. If i am to unpack and repack something, 99% of the time i'm using the wrap for the same purpose.

I understand it's unpacking to a paper and there's no skin for plain wax paper, but in my mind the wrap should auto reskin itself or something?

You can add each skin to favourite crafts if it helps. I hold them on page along with rope

9 minutes ago, Wonz said:

You can add each skin to favourite crafts if it helps. I hold them on page along with rope

With the new update, you don't even need to keep the rope on a separate slot. You can craft it by simply clicking on the recipe where it's required - just like other one-tier materials. It's handy and give you more space both on the quick access and favourite tabs.

I think now with ne Pin-Bar different bunding skins are for the first time really usable.

Like Lokena said: You can pin the bundling multiple times with different skins next to each other and than just click on the skin you need when you recraft the bundling wrap. With the old crafting system it was a bit painful to craft the rope and than switch the skin every time, so I never used different skins. But now it got a lot better. 

That said I would find it even better if in the GUI when you bundle the stuff (where you have the 4 slots) you would have little icons with the skins, so you could then decide with which skin it gets bundled, default would be the skin the empty bundling wrap has. 

30 minutes ago, lionking102 said:

I think now with ne Pin-Bar different bunding skins are for the first time really usable.

Like Lokena said: You can pin the bundling multiple times with different skins next to each other and than just click on the skin you need when you recraft the bundling wrap. With the old crafting system it was a bit painful to craft the rope and than switch the skin every time, so I never used different skins. But now it got a lot better. 

That said I would find it even better if in the GUI when you bundle the stuff (where you have the 4 slots) you would have little icons with the skins, so you could then decide with which skin it gets bundled, default would be the skin the empty bundling wrap has. 

you can use scroll to change the skin of the pinned item instead of pinning it multiple times

Archived