So after watching several Twitch streamers play this game on The PC and myself playing on Xbox I’ve begun to notice what they do differently from what I do.. 

Almost every streamer will Swap between a Weapon & Walking Cane to hit an enemy a few times, swap to the movement speed perk of the cane to kite out of the way of enemy attacks, then swap back to the weapon for more hits.

The problem I have with that is doing it on an Xbox Controller could be done faster if a QoL update allowed us to swap between Cane/Weapon faster & back again.. Currently you can swap them by pressing D-pad However.. if you swap to say a lantern or an Axe/Pickaxe or Even if you need to move through your inventory to eat food/heal then your inventory gets all jumbled up and your “Hot Swap” between Weapon+Cane no longer works.

This is probably the single biggest factor why you see so many console players prefer to just “Tank” enemies rather than play the game the intended way of swapping between Weapon+Cane 

So since there’s 2 other QoL updates planned for this Year I’d like to suggest a way to “Bind” your Weapon & Cane to the same button- For example when playing Apex Legends and one gun needs to reload but my secondary is fully loaded Tapping Y swaps between the two Weapons.

Is there any way at all that I can get maybe a new Two hand slots icon, that tapping a specific button will swap between the two items you have bound to your hand slots WITHOUT the game jumbling them up between Axe/Lantern Etc??

Please??? This would be a Massive QoL for Controller players & would drastically improve my kiting skills. <3

Try keeping your tools/items you want to swap in hand in first positions, so even if you do switch between 3-4 of them they still all stay up front.

Usually I have slots: 1 cane/weapon 2 lantern 3 tool 4 helmet/minerhat if I'm using a backpack, ofc with small adjustments depending on what I'm doing.

The annoying part for me is that I can't use the front backpack slots to do this, because if I swap them around they go to the nearest inventory slot, and ofc I don't want my inventory full at all times. For fights with a lot of item swapping having full inventory is recommended. 

The only solution I can think of is some sort of qol togglable option to allow you to force certain items to lock-swap into in certain slots even if it's occupied. 

I see the problem differently, it's not to studios to act first, but console constructors.

I think it's time for controllers to evolve and having more buttons without buying an elite controller.. Like buttons under the controller, or buttons between Rt/rb. There is more and more games that ask us for crazy moves not easy to do with a simple controller.

They're outdated.

Until that, having full inventory is a solution, or making good placement. But it's sometimes painfull, true.

I wish that could happen but I'm not sure if that would be too complicated and in-depth?? I think that if they just switch the eqip item (Right Dpad) and Y (inspect world) it would be a huge improvement. It would get the equip button off our left hand and on to our right, next to the attack button (like a hot key). I've put a lot of thought into it and it's the only button that wouldn't interfere with other mechanics but would allow us to kite without having to stop to switch item's. I can only hope at this point they make controllers configure able

I wish that could happen but I'm not sure if that would be too complicated and in-depth?? I think that if they just switch the eqip item (Right Dpad) and Y (inspect world) it would be a huge improvement. It would get the equip button off our left hand and on to our right, next to the attack button (like a hot key). I've put a lot of thought into it and it's the only button that wouldn't interfere with other mechanics but would allow us to kite without having to stop to switch item's. I can only hope at this point they make controllers configure able

I thought about getting the Xbox elite controller for switching between my weapon and cane but it's around $180.00 and I sure don't have that to burn

Archived