[Suggestion] Faster Wx-78 recharge

Removing all circuits makes you lose all of your stored energy and waiting around with no wicker or lightning rod takes about a day.

So I have a few suggestions and it doesn't have to be all at once:

Sleeping: When not starving sleeping could also greatly increase how fast Wx-78 regenerates their energy. During this time he is, uh, powered down? On stand by? Rest mode? Meaning more energy can be rerouted to their reserves.

Holding a Morning star: A morning star can be always generating power when held and the simple act of holding it could transfer some power to them at the cost of draining the weapon durability faster. There are a few nich sceneries where you may not want to stop fighting simply because you got wet or removed all of your circuits and are suddenly ambushed, in which case you cannot sleep. Rather than be circuitless, this small synergy can help boost Wx-78 mid battle, maybe they took some tips from Wigfrid? A battery on a stick if you will (won't drain when already full).

Overeating: Wx-78 turns food into energy. Well overeating must give an excess amount of energy, right? A certain amount of hunger above full satiety could give them 1 energy bar. Perhaps it can apply an energy Regen instead for a brief moment. 

Drinking electric milk: A cool unique synergy! What's more, you can buddle it for later!

Add a wind up key!: Your friends aren't limited to just Wicker or Winona to help you get a charge. Place this in your chest and let some elbow grease do the work!

Spoiler

Some or all ideas make cause the electrocution of you or your loved ones. I am not responsible for the untimely death of playing with electrical currents. 

If you feel a tingling sensation after trying the above methods that preserveres for several hours please seek medical attention.

On 4/15/2022 at 12:36 AM, Owlrust said:

It would be cool if they could eat Electrical Doodads for charge. Maybe even at a cost to sanity or something.

Are electrical doodads powered? They never spoil and so can be stored forever so that may go against what the devs intend. And I wonder if it would cause a resource (gold/stone) hording problem in multiplayer as gears once did.

On 4/15/2022 at 1:23 AM, franco116 said:

Maybe something with the butterfly muffin

I think electric milk makes more sense personally.

On 4/15/2022 at 2:36 AM, Owlrust said:

It would be cool if they could eat Electrical Doodads for charge. Maybe even at a cost to sanity or something.

Please no.

I think it would be too much of a resource consumption with how often you'd likely want to eat a doodad just to not wait out the recharge because you wish to experience your other powers.

At least with wigfrid's helmets they last even longer than football helm's on top of being accessable to everyone if left behind. Plus their durability depends only on how often you get hit yourself.

And Wolfgang's dumbbells now only chew up one resource and some sticks per dumbbell type, on top of having their durability put through the roof and it's necessity being lowered alot too.

On 4/15/2022 at 12:13 AM, HowlVoid said:

Overeating: Wx-78 turns food into energy. Well overeating must give an excess amount of energy, right? A certain amount of hunger above full satiety could give them 1 energy bar. Perhaps it can apply an energy Regen instead for a brief moment. 

I dunno about this one, it was the same problem with Wolfgang. Of course here it's far less of an issue, but still.

Personally, I like that you can't just dump a farmable resource and Instantly get all your charge back in solo, gives more weight to your circuit choices. Having a way to get it back faster like sleeping would be good, but it still requires time.

Although, I do wish direct lightning strikes would provide a full charge, seems fitting and is mostly random.

2 minutes ago, blacknight7890 said:

I dunno about this one, it was the same problem with Wolfgang. Of course here it's far less of an issue, but still.

Personally, I like that you can't just dump a farmable resource and Instantly get all your charge back in solo, gives more weight to your circuit choices. Having a way to get it back faster like sleeping would be good, but it still requires time.

Although, I do wish direct lightning strikes would provide a full charge, seems fitting and is mostly random.

Yeah, it's not the best. 

Given that milkmade hat sees you drink two electric milks, I think that a niche flavor perk like increased charge rate akin to increased abigail upgrade speed when there's an active sisturn would be nice, multiplying your charge speed by 4 as long as you have the milkmade hat on.

Though before that here's hoping electric milk is made to charge you by one slot when consumed and charged vokt goat also charging you for one when it hits you with its electric.

On 4/15/2022 at 12:13 AM, HowlVoid said:

Removing all circuits makes you lose all of your stored energy and waiting around with no wicker or lightning rod takes about a day.

A day to recharge by how much?

5 minutes ago, blacknight7890 said:

A full recharge from my experience.

What the hell? that's really strong. I thought WX was still going to be relied on wickerbottom and now winona, I didn't think early charge would be possible

I thought it would take like multiple days to recharge

and you'd have to save circuits until you really wanted them

I didn't think it was that good wow, My original plan for a WX run would be Scan rabbit > save data for 2.0 speed > rush ruins > get 2.0 speed

But it looks like we have a lot more options now, I can equip the first speed buff before entering the ruins

4 hours ago, Seero said:

What the hell? that's really strong. I thought WX was still going to be relied on wickerbottom and now winona, I didn't think early charge would be possible

Its still about 8 minutes without full use of your circuits, which isn't much really, but its still annoying.

Archived