Dst on switch seems a bit laggy

did you turn off lag compensation?

Edit: the game doesn't have the option to turn off lag compensation, what i think is happening that is permanently on and that why the game gives you false info on your character movement since not showing your true walking distance away from enemy attack 

Yo! I'm very interested in getting DST for Switch but I'm really worried about unplayable lag at higher day counts (1000's). What's the most anyone has built on a world yet and how has your lag been? I'd love to start playing again on the Switch this time, but if I had lag issues on PS4 I can't imagine it'll go well on a Switch. 

So far in about day 80 myself and I feel like the lag is a little overexaggerated, I think I had bigger issues with lag in Breath of the wild on wii U.

Tho I turn down seastacks explicitly to help keep lag down (since they have little effective impact on gameplay besides being obstacles)

The big issue is currently the lag compensation which makes the game rubber band even on solo and causes false hits on enemies and stuff.

37 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Yo! I'm very interested in getting DST for Switch but I'm really worried about unplayable lag at higher day counts (1000's). What's the most anyone has built on a world yet and how has your lag been? I'd love to start playing again on the Switch this time, but if I had lag issues on PS4 I can't imagine it'll go well on a Switch. 

The lag becomes evident before the first hound wave.

But I have hope it will be fixed soon.

Also I really hope lag compensation can be turned off soon.

17 minutes ago, Octohunter777 said:

The lag becomes evident before the first hound wave.

But I have hope it will be fixed soon.

Also I really hope lag compensation can be turned off soon.

Interesting. 

I certainly hope so too, but I'm pretty sure the limitations are with the Switch itself. I'll probably still get it, but I have a feeling megabasing will be off the table. Hopefully it at least holds up during busier boss fights. 

Archived