I accidentally have unearthed a volcano, pre atmo suits, but they aren't too far off, (in a contained, but non insulated room thankfully with dual iron doors, now at scalding heat level), unfortunately I had a load of sulfur in there, so there is now a 5×7 cloud of 500°c sulfur in there, I've got a couple of non domesticated wheeze worts if that helps at all, any help at all is appreciated

Yeah, they won't help.  You'll need to sacrifice some space and put up a two layer set of insulated tiles around the volcano, maybe even leaving a few tiles out from it.  Then when you're ready you can build a steam room on top, put a turbine on, and swap a few tiles in the steam room with metal tiles. Then wait for it to cool down.

9 hours ago, JRup said:

If you have coal you can build a tempshift plate to plug the volcano. There is a specific tile where this works.

The Wiki article shows the tile, but it says nothing about a temp-shift plate in that place. Are you sure this works?

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

The Wiki article shows the tile, but it says nothing about a temp-shift plate in that place. Are you sure this works?

Building a coal tempshift plate in the right spot will most definitely work with any "geological feature" that is hot enough to cook coal. I've even put the lid on a leaky oil fissure, a minor volcano and a gold volcano... So a regular volcano is pretty much expected to get blocked as well. This will indeed buy time for any kind of preparations to be built.

When the tempshift plate absorbs enough heat the coal it is made of will turn into a natural refined carbon tile thus blocking the geyser from its regular activity.

Archived