[Suggestion] change no-eyed deer

No-eyed deer can really be a pain sometimes. They‘re supposed to spawn early autumn, grow antlers in early winter, and vanish at the end of winter. Having to remember their location and searching around the biome in winter is already a pain, however sometimes they just disappear. I’m not sure what causes this, and I know I’m not the only person who’s dealt with this. It’s really obnoxious when this happens, since it means if you didn’t already have antlers ready you won’t be able to fight Klaus that year. Furthermore, summoning Klaus is, as far as I’m aware, their only purpose. These guys sit around for a whole season just so you can ran them into trees if they don’t disappear. I think no-eyed deer need to serve more of a purpose and their antlers need to be easier to obtain because rn I think they make klaus’s summoning method one of the worst in the game.

the problem isnt deer per se, it's the fact that they can spawn in multiple biomes that can be very far apart... and that sometimes world generates 2nd decidous biome to make things even worse. Personally i use a mod to force only one decidous biome.

if the deer would only spawn in decidous, or if klaus would spawn only in the biome the deers spawned, it would be much better.

the deer never disappear, but they can migrate to neighboring biomes. btw, only look for them during daytime/dusk, never night

2 hours ago, reallychina said:

sometimes world generates 2nd decidous biome to make things even worse. Personally i use a mod to force only one decidous biome.

that sounds like a really good mod. can you give me link to it cause i dont like when that happens either :wilson_worried:

12 minutes ago, . . . said:

that sounds like a really good mod. can you give me link to it cause i dont like when that happens either :wilson_worried:

Force biomes. It has many settings, i only disable 2nd decidous and force in triple mac biome. not a fan of ******ed rng

22 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

it's only an issue first autumn or until you decide to fence the herd, if they are fenced in or near enough structures they never despawn. Searching for them one time doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. 

whoa i had no idea they dont despawn if near structures

28 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

it's only an issue first autumn or until you decide to fence the herd, if they are fenced in or near enough structures they never despawn. Searching for them one time doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. 

same thing should be applied to rockjaws... i want a pool with rockjaws :_

Archived