adding features to my favorite characters

I think that while this characters are good they would be interesting with some added stuff

Wortox: he is very strong for his ability to soul hop and to heal others, but I find it odd that out of all the DST exclusive characters he have zero draftings.

What if wortox could craft certain items with his souls? Maybe a hellfire light that drains sanity for everyone but wortox, or a piece of weapon he can use? They cool be balance around the amount of souls needed and any extra material

As for walter, I think they should lean into his range, explorer frail character by increasing his fire rate with the slinghtshot at the cost of reducing his HP to 75, and make it so not only he starts with a compass but can make "scouts map" without a cartographer table, that would make him the true character to explore the map and give intel to everyone else.

And finally maxwell, I feel his duelist are almost always useless and they should make them differently, maybe allow them to wear armor ? Or that would be too much?

25 minutes ago, chincer said:

I think that while this characters are good they would be interesting with some added stuff

Wortox: he is very strong for his ability to soul hop and to heal others, but I find it odd that out of all the DST exclusive characters he have zero draftings.

What if wortox could craft certain items with his souls? Maybe a hellfire light that drains sanity for everyone but wortox, or a piece of weapon he can use? They cool be balance around the amount of souls needed and any extra material

As for walter, I think they should lean into his range, explorer frail character by increasing his fire rate with the slinghtshot at the cost of reducing his HP to 75, and make it so not only he starts with a compass but can make "scouts map" without a cartographer table, that would make him the true character to explore the map and give intel to everyone else.

And finally maxwell, I feel his duelist are almost always useless and they should make them differently, maybe allow them to wear armor ? Or that would be too much?

interesting :) 

about maxwell - may add extra HP for shadow maxwells or increase maxwell followers from 3 to 4 maybe?

for walter as you sayd need a bit fire rate buff + increase his range by 1-2 points more? and increase slingshots ammo fly speed a bit 

For wortox need to degrease teleport range x3 + encrease his teleport by 2 or 3 souls per hop cause he can take so much souls from killing tons of small creatures in small amount of time for example + while i make Rolling playing survival server i always disable wortox as playable character on server cause wortox compleatly kill the base bulding sence (cause teleport) wich is dissballance i think

wortox does not need or deserve additional powers

walter having 75 hp means he would be discouraged from using melee like everyone else, which is not what klei wants.

walter is not supposed to use slingshots 24/7, he's best played using bits of range and bits of melee.

maxwell hasn't got his refresh yet

1 hour ago, chincer said:

not only he starts with a compass but can make "scouts map" without a cartographer table, that would make him the true character to explore the map and give intel to everyone else

I really really like this idea! Would be nice if he didn’t need a science machine for this either but papyrus seems unavoidable…pig skin could be a substitute.. but that’s expensive

feather pencil could be replaced by berries and twig/reeds maybe :lol: to really highlight scout ingenuity in the wilderness.

what if he had a unique version of the compass that could also tell the seasons or when it’s gonna rain etc. Like a scout’s wilderness multi-tool. 

10 hours ago, Ohan said:

I really really like this idea! Would be nice if he didn’t need a science machine for this either but papyrus seems unavoidable…pig skin could be a substitute.. but that’s expensive

feather pencil could be replaced by berries and twig/reeds maybe :lol: to really highlight scout ingenuity in the wilderness.

what if he had a unique version of the compass that could also tell the seasons or when it’s gonna rain etc. Like a scout’s wilderness multi-tool. 

i think im fine with him needing papyrus and maybe just charcoal as long as he doesnt need the table at all, in his exploration he can find enough reed and return base for the science machine to make the paper

2 hours ago, Dextops said:

i just think wortox needs to be buffed over all since a lot of his perks just kinda suck and he has a half stat from all food downside which gets annoying 

skill issue

(sorry, don't know how else to put it really)

39 minutes ago, Dextops said:

i just think wortox needs to be buffed over all since a lot of his perks just kinda suck and he has a half stat from all food downside which gets annoying 

sadly for experience and skilled players is just a wilson that gets less stats from food

i only play him when i play with my noob friends so i can heal them easily than overwhelming their brains with healing recipes

i find wortox to have an interesting nich play that isnt overpowered, his healing can be valuable in groups, and his hop in exploration specially in the ruins so i believe giving access to more things to do with his souls would bring more dinamic gameplay, as you say, he is a wilson with less stats from food to some people, but it depends on their goals with the game, if soul hop is too overpowered as a combat blink just increase the souls cost or make a minimum distance? adding things he can craft would allow more variety, in the way widfrig have her combat stats but can also make armor for others and have her songs, or how wormwood gain movement from bloom state, a stat that isnt about farming like his other perk

items like light, armor, or the ability get unique things for the team other than "i heal people and i also i blink" would make him way more engaging even if the crafts arent all that good

Just now, chincer said:

i find wortox to have an interesting nich play that isnt overpowered, his healing can be valuable in groups, and his hop in exploration specially in the ruins so i believe giving access to more things to do with his souls would bring more dinamic gameplay, as you say, he is a wilson with less stats from food to some people, but it depends on their goals with the game, if soul hop is too overpowered as a combat blink just increase the souls cost or make a minimum distance? adding things he can craft would allow more variety, in the way widfrig have her combat stats but can also make armor for others and have her songs, or how wormwood gain movement from bloom state, a stat that isnt about farming like his other perk

he isn't not good to experienced players because of their goals they are not good to experienced players because wortox's "safety net" that he gave intermediate players is completely gone because skilled players have learnt better strats from them. Like soul kiting is probably one of the worst things you can do, only helping him on a few specific fights. His best use is as a baby sitter for newer players if you are experienced enough to deal with the detriment that is wortox.

7 minutes ago, chincer said:

if soul hop is too overpowered as a combat blink just increase the souls cost or make a minimum distance?

isnt op at all, it just increase the dps in some fights and helps in others like shadow bosses but way far from op

more things to do with souls as you suggest could be fun tho

On 3/17/2022 at 11:50 AM, chincer said:

As for walter, I think they should lean into his range, explorer frail character by increasing his fire rate with the slinghtshot at the cost of reducing his HP to 75, and make it so not only he starts with a compass but can make "scouts map" without a cartographer table, that would make him the true character to explore the map and give intel to everyone else

Ooh, you mean that on a group server, I could not only do my Civilization challenge, but send Walter away as _the actual freaking SCOUT unit_?  Hell yeah!  Let's do this!

....oh wait, I'M usually the one who does the exploring (because I want to), regardless of who I'm playing as. Still...!

...Notorious

On 3/19/2022 at 1:46 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

Ooh, you mean that on a group server, I could not only do my Civilization challenge, but send Walter away as _the actual freaking SCOUT unit_?  Hell yeah!  Let's do this!

....oh wait, I'M usually the one who does the exploring (because I want to), regardless of who I'm playing as. Still...!

...Notorious

exactly, imagine sending walter with mega woby only for him to return with the entirely map scout out, give everyone a scout map AND have woby full of useful resources he found, it would make him a true scout

right now he have a bunch of seemly random perks and downsides like the bee alerge and the sanity from trees that are "thematic" but not at all cohesive, it would be like giving woodie extra sanity when on the north side of the map because "he is canadian".

On 3/18/2022 at 8:48 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

isnt op at all, it just increase the dps in some fights and helps in others like shadow bosses but way far from op

more things to do with souls as you suggest could be fun tho

i believe thats a very good point, it is similar to balancing in other games where a character is powerful by when some group see it but other just dont find it useful (pros and new players and viseversa)

give wortox more things to do would make both cases better, like how wormwood movement speed when blooming is use differently by different players, craftings unique to wortox with the use of souls can make him so experienced players would find more things to do with him and new players would need to learn more complex stuff and want to do things with his souls other than healing and soul hopping.

another thing i been thinking is: let wortox befriend pigs and bunnymen but only if and while he isnt holding any soul, what this creates is a situation where if wortox have a full inventory, he can reliable befriend a bunch of pigs, go fight a boss, and get souls as the pigs die, or he can use them for resources then start pig war to get the souls

Archived